Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing to me that people can still say that and still have dry power after the past 4 months of “great buying opportunities”.

Not really disagreeing, but it’s been a common refrain the whole way down from 1200.
Someone had to say it! :D
I have been shying away and layering out of risk for weeks ever since I saw YT/patreon dudes selling subs of asinine price targets with absolutely no bear thesis or risk even remotely accounted for. Its as if Tesla operates in an imaginary sunny day scenario lasting 10+ years and no issues with anything ever.

I have come back here after ages for good old sensible investing discussions, not even sure if I belong here anymore since Fintwit/Reddit and all Tesla social media bros have been beating me up for being cautious since $1200s and asking folks to cool off on their OTM call buying madness following these subscriptions sellers and Youtubers..

Found some posts mentioning the DMA100 levels. I too am of the opinion we get a flush with 90% DVOL on the indices which allows a lower entry < $700 on $TSLA. Amazing times!

I've noticed the same thing across many stocks. Completely illogical earnings estimates for Q1 that are lower than Q4's and P/E multiples that are at or below all time lows. The Fed could raise rates to 5% and it still wouldn't account for the P/E multiple contraction that's been happening

I still don't think people get just how much the market has crashed this year (and in 2021). Take away the big 5 out of the S&P/Nasdaq, and you're looking at a very deep bear market, down well past 30% now, if not more. This is just a huge money grab by Wall St. They know they only get a couple of these types of chance once every 10 years or so to buy up shares at illogical valuations.........and they're sure as hell going to make the most of it.
Growth estimates for SPX has been trending down, the tide outflow is what is leading to PE compression for GOOG TSLA et al

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I’m not at all a fan of TA; but it’s helpful for me rationalize this insane selloff.

According to this phrenology we had strong support hold up today at $763, if that fails then we likely see $709, and if that fails to hold, then, most likely we revisit $592.

The Stephenson indicator is sitting at nearly $895 today. Record sales and profits, again, incoming soon. Tick,tick, tick.

View attachment 780928
Exactly. Because it’s only a matter of time, and we will all know what it feels like to be well beyond our previous ATH.

"Higher Oil prices could spark a bull run for Tesla."

In addition to Goldman positive article yesterday (predicting 50% upside for Tesla), could be a nice
run ahead.
Or they are trying to dump their shares on retail thinking the same and then get in lower?
Disagree? ;)

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Labor Secretary Marty Walsh meets Elon at Gigafactory Texas
1647301096567.png

Or they are trying to dump their shares on retail thinking the same and then get in lower?
Disagree? ;)
I’m confused (not really) as to why so many people (bears) are worried about other people buying shares in companies they have strong conviction in.

Will this be the first time in the history of the stock market that it never recovers? If not, then I think the ‘idiot’ retail investor will gladly accept the discounts being offered to them.

Im buying chunks of shares at various support levels, knowing full well that the stock could drop further. It’s fine, I will own more shares in a company I love. Please stop worrying on my behalf or trying to convince me otherwise.

Is this a dead car bounce or the real thing?
This price action is quite odd, a strange bluish yellowish color that I haven’t seen in months. It seems someone knows something.

Edit: It doesn’t seem to be Tesla specific; all of the mega caps I follow are up in the after hours. Maybe an incoming relief rally?

Last edited:
I’m not at all a fan of TA; but it’s helpful for me rationalize this insane selloff.

According to this phrenology we had strong support hold up today at $763, if that fails then we likely see $709, and if that fails to hold, then, most likely we revisit $592.

One of the reasons I find TA fairly useless is no matter WHAT actually happened you can find someone who "predicted it" with some chart full of crayon lines.

Mind you the next time something weird happens you can find a DIFFERENT person who "predicted" THAT using different crayon lines.

Grab any 20 TA guys at random and you'll get 20 different answers to which of the 974,478 indicators is the "important" one, and whatever level it bounces from you'll find a pile of randos explaining why THAT happened to be the correct support, in retrospect.

Next bounce it'll be different guys with different answers of course.

I especially like the guys who tell you "X is strong support, but if it goes under that then Y is the next support, and if it goes under that Z is the next one...."

Well, yeah, if enough folks throw out enough random #s, SOMEONE is sure to pick a winner.

Any system where nobody agrees how to use it is a pretty poor system.

Stop trying to read tea leaves, that if they were legible would be what everyone would be doing.

Own good companies for a long time. If that's boring feel free to visit the "other" thread for ways to (relatively) safely pick up some pennies ahead of the steamroller.

I’m confused (not really) as to why so many people (bears) are worried about other people buying shares in companies they have strong conviction in.

Will this be the first time in the history of the stock market that it never recovers? If not, then I think the ‘idiot’ retail investor will gladly accept the discounts being offered to them.

Im buying chunks of shares at various support levels, knowing full well that the stock could drop further. It’s fine, I will own more shares in a company I love. Please stop worrying on my behalf or trying to convince me otherwise.
Absolutely fine, and why not. I'm in a similar position, LEAPs too are looking good after ages. Hopefully after this period ends, we end up with a stronger set of HODLers and the 2021 influx of "tourists" departs.

• Love
Reactions: UltradoomY
Place your bets accordingly. I know where my money is going and it is long and strong.
Oh no, nobody sees the ";)" and have I been tagged $TSLAQ? Should I use /s for sarcasm 🤓
Or I need to stop any satire.. people are too emotionally charged these days(not you particularly @tslagreen) , and that's understandable in these times.

Anyhow, this week-10 days are probably going to be amazing to add some LEAPs/shares => not joking here, that's what I anticipate doing.

• Helpful
Reactions: FireMedic
One of the reasons I find TA fairly useless is no matter WHAT actually happened you can find someone who "predicted it" with some chart full of crayon lines.

Mind you the next time something weird happens you can find a DIFFERENT person who "predicted" THAT using different crayon lines.

Grab any 20 TA guys at random and you'll get 20 different answers to which of the 974,478 indicators is the "important" one, and whatever level it bounces from you'll find a pile of randos explaining why THAT happened to be the correct support, in retrospect.

Next bounce it'll be different guys with different answers of course.

I especially like the guys who tell you "X is strong support, but if it goes under that then Y is the next support, and if it goes under that Z is the next one...."

Well, yeah, if enough folks throw out enough random #s, SOMEONE is sure to pick a winner.

Any system where nobody agrees how to use it is a pretty poor system.

Stop trying to read tea leaves, that if they were legible would be what everyone would be doing.

Own good companies for a long time. If that's boring feel free to visit the "other" thread for ways to (relatively) safely pick up some pennies ahead of the steamroller.
Exactly so!
Baseball has been around for 170 years, Baseball "Stats" for 169 1/2.
And they still have to play EVERY game.
People like to think they have a reason to know "what's up".
And THAT has been filling churches and temples for literally thousands of years.
"Same as it ever was, same as it ever was".

Elon with: 1 boot tucked into the boot and the other outside the boot….

Just doesn’t give AF.

Last century (or maybe the previous one) when I watched the TV show M*A*S*H, I noticed one episode plot was recycled many times. Some military Top Brass or other stuffed shirt would visit the surgical camp, be outraged at the surgeons' outrageous behavior off-duty, demand that they be disciplined, then see them in action in the operating tent... and all was forgiven. "You boys are the best doctors I've ever seen blah blah keep it up."

Elon is those surgeons -- so outrageously good at what he does that many observers (including me) forgive his eccentricities. Folks who don't forgive are either paid enemies, or ignorant of his achievements, or low-intelligence. As I may have mentioned before, Tesla and TSLA don't need them.

Moreover, like in the TV characters, Elon's eccentricities make him more attractive to many folks who wish they had the courage or opportunity to "not give AF." The phenomenon seems similar to sexual selection of weird traits by evolution -- that male peacock must be very strong if he survives in spite of his ridiculously maladaptive tail. Long live the peacocks.