Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would submit that the mano-a-mano is underway.

You can bet that Russia's hacker legions are doing everything they can to destroy Starlink, Tesla, and SpaceX from the inside out.

This is a bizarro trial in fire for Musk company InfoSec. The fact that Tesla.com, Tesla OTA updates, SpaceX, etc etc are all still online is a testament to good security practices and top notch infrastructure design.

Step 1: Piss off a nation state with a well know, robust hacker legion.
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit?

You can bet that Russia's hacker legions are doing everything they can to destroy Starlink, Tesla, and SpaceX from the inside out.

This is a bizarro trial in fire for Musk company InfoSec. The fact that Tesla.com, Tesla OTA updates, SpaceX, etc etc are all still online is a testament to good security practices and top notch infrastructure design.

Putin ≠ a nation.

We simply cannot have a green day without some stellar journalism by you know who:

1647385076297.png

• John Bernal was a Tesla employee who showed FSD Beta to the world on his YouTube channel, AI Addict. He was fired in February.
  • He says he never showed unreleased products or company secrets, but some of his videos showed the system not working perfectly.
  • His access to FSD Beta has been cut off despite having no safety “strikes” in the software.

We simply cannot have a green day without some stellar journalism by you know who:

View attachment 781459

• John Bernal was a Tesla employee who showed FSD Beta to the world on his YouTube channel, AI Addict. He was fired in February.
  • He says he never showed unreleased products or company secrets, but some of his videos showed the system not working perfectly.
  • His access to FSD Beta has been cut off despite having no safety “strikes” in the software.
Yeah was about to post this. I cant believe he did an interview with her. He talks about it in this video

Yeah was about to post this. I cant believe he did an interview with her. He talks about it in this video
This guy needs to respect his NDA as an employee of Tesla. He can't share "industry knowledge", which is something he said of being the purpose of his videos, that's the difference between him and someone like Chuck.

Also this is the guy who had an accident on FSD and that video went viral, and used in a CNBC hit piece.

Last edited:

Honestly this is a good point. Putin's hacker legions probably are attacking Tesla and SpaceX and this is a great sign of their info security.

Last edited:
He did talk about being fired. I thought he was gonna talk about his interview with my favorite “journalist”.

He’s very bold trying those scenarios with Beta. I’m familiar with that section of downtown SJ and even I get confused sometimes driving there and do the wrong thing (You could even hear his passenger sharing his confusion about the road rules at one point).

I was quite impressed by FSD Beta in that environment. I doubt Waymo or cruise could do better. I think it’s all about expectations, this fella clearly has very high expectations. It seems some people aren’t familiar with the concept of Beta software.

Though I am biased, so maybe I’m the one with the unrealistic expectations. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
He did talk about being fired. I thought he was gonna talk about his interview with my favorite “journalist”.

He’s very bold trying those scenarios with Beta. I’m familiar with that section of downtown SJ and even I get confused sometimes driving there and do the wrong thing (You could even hear his passenger sharing his confusion about the road rules at one point).

I was quite impressed by FSD Beta in that environment. I doubt Waymo or cruise could do better. I think it’s all about expectations, this fella clearly has very high expectations. It seems some people aren’t familiar with the concept of Beta software.

Though I am biased, so maybe I’m the one with the unrealistic expectations. 🤷‍♂️
Keep in mind this was the version of the Beta that came out 3 weeks ago. Interesting that his video about an old version of fsd comes out within minutes of the cnbs article.

I'm selling a house in June and expect to net between 350 and 400K.

Question:
If you knew you were coming into a large sum of cash in 3 months, what TSLA price would you consider so tempting you would make a large TSLA purchase, on margin, to front run receiving the cash?

The price right now at 775 is too high, especially with all the uncertainty in the world right now and since I don't have a clear picture yet of how smoothly the sale will go. I'd love to hear some thought process from you on this.
Bumping this to see if I can get some after hours play.

Let's hope they don't just go with Plan A which, of course, is to slip some isotopes into Elon's tea.

He's the same guy whose car was "accidentally" allowed to drive into a stantion on FSD. It sure looked to me like he saw the stantion coming but chose to not stop or turn away until it was too late. It happened to be a folding stantion so it didn't damage the car - how fortunate. The video was featured in Lora's February hit piece 'FSD Beta - An Experiment on Public Roads'. Something fishy going on here and I think Tesla sniffed it out.

He's the same guy whose car was "accidentally" allowed to drive into a stantion on FSD. It sure looked to me like he saw the stantion coming but chose to not stop or turn away until it was too late. It happened to be a folding stantion so it didn't damage the car - how fortunate. The video was featured in Lora's February hit piece 'FSD Beta - An Experiment on Public Roads'. Something fishy going on here and I think Tesla sniffed it out.
If it's the same guy, he definitely deserved to be fired. He totally could have avoided that accident. Time for mods to start deleting these FSD posts. Calling all mods.

I've watched many of his videos since I was subscribed to his channel. I unsubscribed after I got an uneasy feeling that he was overly critical of small nitpicks regarding FSD Beta. Here's some of the issues I have with this whole situation:

1. He states that his channel is "meant to educate the public by showing honest reviews from experts with industry knowledge..."; however, through watching many of his videos, I never once heard him mention that he was a Tesla employee, nor that he was actually involved in the field and had expert industry knowledge. He should have stated his expertise on his channel itself, and it should at least have been in the description of his videos as well. His channel name (AI Addict) would only imply that he is a huge fan of AI, not someone that has actually worked within the field, nor had any sort of insider industry knowledge whatsoever.

2. As @Mike Smith implies, the fact that he was a Tesla employee that specifically worked on the FSD Beta, he knew what the specific weaknesses of FSD Beta are. I definitely find it within the realm of possibility that he knew that FSD Beta would have difficulties with elongated objects extruding from the ground, and that FSD Beta had a high chance of running into one of these objects.

3. I find it interesting that, after his own vehicle had FSD Beta revoked, he was able to "easily" acquire another vehicle with FSD Beta. It almost seems as if someone either donated or let him borrow this Tesla; otherwise, how would he have easy access to this other vehicle? Who would be willing to loan their Tesla to someone that they knew likes to stress test FSD Beta and had already had an incident with an object that caused damage to the vehicle?

"Elona" (now Elona Musk on Twitter) takes on Putin single handed... literally!

"If he is afraid to fight, I will agree to use only my left hand and I am not even left-handed."
Maybe it's just Russian humor? Elon is trying to win over Putin with tough guy Russian humor. It doesn't make sense for him to try to make enemies with him. That's not going to help end the war. We need to send Elon and Donald Trump over there to bond with Putin and talk some sense into him. Go bare back riding on grizzly bears together.