Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched the video carefully but could not decide which the following is true
1. The drone was controlled by another human operator.
2. The drone was controlled by its own NN.
3) the drone was controlled by Elon's neuralink.

I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited to see a drone video. The footage is going to be spectacular.

Unless the operator forgot the SD card…

Looks like the market makers trapped FOMO buyers today and dragging it down. I'm glad that I sold some of the shares I bought on margin a couple of months ago for some profit and to get ready to buy back in at a lower price than what I sold today. Next up is end of quarter production numbers, then Austin factory to take TSLA on a roller coaster ride.

Looks like the market makers trapped FOMO buyers today and dragging it down. I'm glad that I sold some of the shares I bought on margin a couple of months ago for some profit and to get ready to buy back in at a lower price than what I sold today. Next up is end of quarter production numbers, then Austin factory to take TSLA on a roller coaster ride.
Did same but got back in too early today. :(

Are we the Borg??
We? Not yet. Elon? Most definitely. Don't worry; he's tamed Mordor, and he'll have the Borg sitting in his lap in no time.

1648061011427.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: jbcarioca
On Tesla and the Mining Industry -

• I haven't any intrinsic problem with Tesla considering indirect involvement with a resource extractor, as long as
    • Such were done very strictly as a hands-off infusion of capital so that MiningCo thus were enabled to proceed with some project(s)
    • The capital involved were not otherwise being repurposed from the next Gigafactory, Service Center, SpC expansion or other CapEx that are and should remain the heart of Tesla Inc.
    • "Well, it's better than paying a dividend" is weak but still, barely, a positive reason
  • The most important words above are the hands-off pair
  • However, the resource extraction industry is one with an entirely different capital allocation structure, a different ROI, ROC, IRR and a very different long-term prospect: remember, one is pursuing a diminishing asset base not just with any single deposit but with the entire universe of possible mines an entity can pursue, and that getting the bestest the quickest (ie, pursuing the richest vein, etc. - subject to other parameters) always provides the greatest ROC for a mining company...and this is wholly foreign territory for a manufacturing enterprise.
    • And, therefore, the extent to which Tesla WERE TO enter directly, not indirectly, into the extractive industry is the extent to which I would have to reconsider my own investment in this company to a degree I never have had to do. And hope never to have to do.
    • There is another way for me to explain this. Given our investment in TSLA, I always look at the company and how it is proceeding as if I truly were a member of the Board of Directors. Do I voice my approval or disapproval to such an action? This has stood me in good stead over the near-decade of our investment in this company

Is it enough hands off to you if the mining were done under the Boring Company name or the SpaceX name?

I would assume any materials brought back from the asteroid belt would be done by SpaceX not Tesla and Tesla would just pay for material already extracted.

As to lithium mining in the SW US isn't that already a Tesla project?

Reactions: Gigapress
You miss the point: Elon was NOT speaking strictly, he was speaking loosely.
And why should anybody believe your completely unsupported opinion that Elon didn't really mean what he said? If Elon meant eight years, he wouldn't have said ten, would he? Elon says what he means, formally or informally, from what I've seen.

This is confusing to me. I thought Tesla already breaks out how much they get in regulatory credits.

Yes, but only as a sub-item like "number above includes X reg credits". NOT a separate line on the income-statement.

So it basically is: should it be a separate line and the "revenue"-item reduced by that amount? Or can tesla include it like they already did?

so ... just a technicality-nothingburger .. but THE SEC IS ONTO TESLA AGAIN!!!1!

Yes, but only as a sub-item like "number above includes X reg credits". NOT a separate line on the income-statement.

So it basically is: should it be a separate line and the "revenue"-item reduced by that amount? Or can tesla include it like they already did?

so ... just a technicality-nothingburger .. but THE SEC IS ONTO TESLA AGAIN!!!1!

It sounds to me more like they, the SEC, want it removed from the "Automotive" section, which would reduce automotive margins. Of course without the automotive sales there would be no credits to sell. So that makes no sense to me.