Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife wants to know if our friend is staying with us tonight.

missed.jpg

Tesla also built 5% of all the cars built in the USA last year (450k of 9.2m).

I suspect this year it’ll rise to ~7% (~750k of ~11m) and probably 13% next year.

Value add shares will probably be even higher.

Giga Berlin will probably make ~7% of Germany’s cars this year too, and Giga Shanghai ~3.5% of China’s cars.
Doesnt ~7% of Germany's cars while Giga Berlin is ramping up a bit of a stretch,

The only thing necessary for the triumph of Tesla is for good men to buy nothing fueled

(Triumph as in achieve the mission)
(men, women and cats. Dogs get shotgun)
(fueled as in not electric/ renewable powered)
(Yes, replacement is better than just aging out)
Point being other OEM not making ICE vehicles is a good thing (yes, it may be better to replace a clunker with a more modern car with emmision controls and better MPG depending hone much longer it lasts)

Can you tell I just spent an hour reading IRS forms and other documents? Wait, 2hours...

With Elon currently preparing the Master Plan III and now his comments from Berlin yesterday, does anyone else get the feeling our expectations for Tesla's future might be too conservative?
Nope. Elon will need Master Plan part four to catch-up with me. By which time I will have produced a valuation for a future Tesla that has a petafactory popping out self assembling spacebot gigafactories every few hours.
$375T market cap in 2030
To be fair, Elon doesn't have my freedom. If he came out with this type of stuff folk would just dismiss it and value it at zero....

This is confusing to me. I thought Tesla already breaks out how much they get in regulatory credits.

Also confusing to me as a long time Tesla investor, as somebody that more generally follows markets...

What other business / company in the world has a non-trivial line item that recurs many quarters of the year, with a roughly 100% gross profit, gets dinged for it?

Every other business I've ever followed - if there were a revenue line item with a roughly 100% gross profit, the only question investors would be asking is whether there is more of that available to go get.

The only exception I've seen with any consistency is a business that shows a profit from selling off a piece of itself, has a big legal judgement in favor, or other sort of big single time financial event.

Sign me up for more reg credits, whether they can be reliably forecasted in the future or not. I love reg credits. My only question is if there are any more that can be had.

"Should Tesla and other car companies be allowed to sell directly to consumers in Connecticut?"

75% yes so far
And the 25% who said "no" are all employees, owners, their families, and bots hired by same. And add in Newspaper and TV station staff who like that Dealer Advertising Money.
I'm surprised that the Hartford Business rag even mentioned it.

It sounds to me more like they, the SEC, want it removed from the "Automotive" section, which would reduce automotive margins. Of course without the automotive sales there would be no credits to sell. So that makes no sense to me.
I know the books of the world don't always balance but where and how do the "payors" of the credit classify/disclose that expense?