Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Volume today was an anemic 20M. MM should be able to have their way with that... Doesn't this thread often assume that they are always driving it lower? Why not today?

Rumors are swirling about a potential split (they’re just rumors, right?!), and Elon’s about to release MP3…not to mention ARK’s new price targets may also be around the corner.

Just seems like risks may outweigh benefits for those expending resources to screw with the stock the next few weeks (Hi Ken!).

If You've Come to the Stock in 2022, Please Stay for the Party in 2023

2020: Auto Margins increased 20.9% from 18.9%. Shanghai was just launching and so was the Model Y in Fremont. Nice margin gains despite these launches.

2021: Auto margins jump to 28.6% as Shanghai and Model Y at Fremont gain efficiencies with scale.

2022: I expect a modest increase in margins to 30.6% as Berlin and Austin ramp.

2023: What margins can we expect in 2023 when Berlin and Austin reach peak efficiency? 33%? 35%? Even with the Cypertruck launch, the margins should be incredible.

Don't get me wrong, 2022 will be wonderful but I'm calling 2023 a Vintage Year.

1648239406864.png

Wow, I just checked on how the other EV makers and Ford faired today.... TSLA staying over 1,000 says a lot. Next week might be exciting.
This says everything to me - I've always wondered how many EVstangs they sell... maybe Teslas sell better
I saw 2 3's w/ lights on in the lot
(Ford in Eureka, Ca)
IMG_E4195[1].JPG

You know most of these reservations are on the edges of Texas anyhow. So it is not saving much vs going the extra distance to be just outside of TX anyhow. It would be great if something could be worked out, but its not like they give a great advantage.
Um, yeah, that is why I included the mileages.
Compared to the alternatives these are the least distance to base planning upon.

This says everything to me - I've always wondered how many EVstangs they sell... maybe Teslas sell better
I saw 2 3's w/ lights on in the lot
(Ford in Eureka, Ca)View attachment 785829
I have to wonder if there is a genuine speculation bubble on Teslas. How much buying is speculative flipping. I know some flipping is happening, but when I see things like this I have to wonder if there is a lot.

Are we going to see a glut in used Teslas in 6 months?

Seems kind of silly, prices aren't that crazy yet, but I can see a bit of a dip in used Tesla pricing once the current "oil crisis" starts to recede.

I have to wonder if there is a genuine speculation bubble on Teslas. How much buying is speculative flipping. I know some flipping is happening, but when I see things like this I have to wonder if there is a lot.

Seems kind of silly, prices aren't that crazy yet, but I can see a bit of a dip in used Tesla pricing once the current "oil crisis" starts to recede.
There will be a glut of oil, which no one will want to buy. First they raise the prices, then they price gouge to maximize oil profits, then people switch to EVs, and then realize how that they don't have to go to the gas station. At some point in the near future, there may be little need to buy gasoline.

Reactions: Drax7
Wow, I just checked on how the other EV makers and Ford faired today.... TSLA staying over 1,000 says a lot. Next week might be exciting.

View attachment 785827
When is there a week that TSLA is not exciting? Up 25% .... Down 25%....We are just pawns in the simulation...but i agree...next week might be exciting :)

TL; DR: "A new video on YouTube takes us inside Tesla’s latest Gigafactory in Grunheide, Germany, while in production via a drone. The drone footage takes us through the entirety of the factory, from the loading dock through the production line and back outside of the new facility."

Cool close up shots of Tesla’s Giga Press in action.

Bullish.
Sadly, unless these shots are from initial production bring-up with subassemblies brought in from Shanghai, it looks like Berlin is 'only' at Shanghai level of the Y design.
- No structural batteries with pre-installed seats (as shown on the opening party)
- And no front casting ( 2 operational presses and 2 mid assembly, more or less like at the fair and the Berlin BiW pictures in the Q4 shareholder presentation didn't look like frontcastings either)

Seems like Austin will be the next generation design and Berlin needs another re-jig...

Last edited:
Sadly, unless these shots are from initial production bring-up, it looks like Berlin is 'only' at Shanghai level of the Y design.
- No structural batteries with pre-installed seats (as shown on the opening party)
- And no front casting ( 2 operational presses and 2 mid assembly, more or less like at the fair and the Berlin BiW pictures in the Q4 shareholder presentation didn't look like frontcastings either)

Seems like Austin will be the next generation design and Berlin needs another re-jig...
Yah, this has been known. The tour showed the strutural and non structual mock up cutaways and the Q4 letter showed the Berlin body line with floor pan and only rear castings.
Makes sense, there is not yet local 4680 production for Berlin structural packs. After C19 and delays hit, Tesla switched Texas to the lead site for at least some of the new tech.

SmartSelect_20220325-180040_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Gary doesn't know anything people in this thread don't already know. I would argue a good bit less.

Banks are interested in big tech shares, they even said so much at the start of the year. Then we're surprised when they try to screw retail out of some QQQ shares?

What annoys me most is hedge fund scumbags we're able to buy at the inclusion price. Would have been utterly impossible if the SEC actually did their job.

The long wait times to get one probably make flipping difficult and risky. I can't imagine many anticipated the oil crisis months ago when you had to place an order to get delivery today.