Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I occasionally glance at the "Tesla coin" price over weekends, as it tends to indicate overall fear in the world, similar to BTC. Usually the price swings within $10 of the last market trades, but this morning the price had jumped to $1100+. I get the low liquidity and all, but this seems very out of the ordinary. Is this a sign that we'll have a very fun Monday? Tesla tokenized stock FTX price today, TSLA to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap
Did someone know something? 🤔

6abjr8.jpg

On the other hand, the first Roomba was a $200 robot vacuum. It does one thing and one thing only... suck around your house. People not only had no problem paying $200 for it, there are many other premium models on the market that are now 1000+.
The problem is that Roomba is more trouble than it's worth. Takes more time to clean the robot than it does to just vacuum yourself.

I’d love to see a 20-1 so that the *first* pre-split value is easily calculable. I still multiply by 5 all the time to keep perspective with what the SP was from 2012-2020.
Elon likes 10x so I feel like we'll vote on allowing at least 20 billion shares.

Wonder how master of coin is thinking?

This was a month ago....

What a DB Einhorn is. Tesla and Musk are only leading the way in one of the most transformative businesses in history. Some short seller losers don't know when to quit. I heard that Einhorn went long on the pet rock craze back in the day.

Did someone know something? 🤔

Wish I didn’t drop the ball on buying these. The split explains it and that there was some sketchy stuff going on. How else is this explained? lol

I was thinking the same thing! Between the 4/8 1550 call wall and the "Tesla Coin" jump after hours on Friday things didnt make sense.... Now they do! Someone had some inside information, I wish I had jumped on those cheap 4/8 1550 calls.

Interesting how Tesla is being coy in not releasing how many new shares will be {voted on to be} authorized. My personal preference would be one trillion, as that would provide enough leeway for several splits down the road, without being so scary an amount that, say, ten trillion would be in the minds of your average Neanderthal. Or, “unlimited”😁🤔 (no par value).

Came here to write exactly this-- leaves multiple future splits as anytime surprises

Of course some people knew. There aren’t any pure secrets… (at least not when dealing with this scale)
Also the close on Fri was very weird. They couldn’t keep it below 1,000. That was costly…
The close Friday matched that of the indexes. Everything moved in lock step at close, although it was a somewhat abnormal close. Looked like it was going to end weak, but then rallied during the closing auction as buyers stepped in.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec