Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April 20th!

Tesla will post its financial results for the first quarter of 2022 after market close on Wednesday, April 20, 2022. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q1 2022 update, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.

What: Date of Tesla Q1 2022 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast
When: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Time: 4:30 p.m. Central Time / 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Q1 2022 Update: http://ir.tesla.com
Webcast: http://ir.tesla.com (live and replay)

Legacy be like

just-stop-no-just-no.gif

Congrats

April 20th!

Tesla will post its financial results for the first quarter of 2022 after market close on Wednesday, April 20, 2022. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q1 2022 update, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.

What: Date of Tesla Q1 2022 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast
When: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Time: 4:30 p.m. Central Time / 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Q1 2022 Update: http://ir.tesla.com
Webcast: http://ir.tesla.com (live and replay)
It is nice that they announced this with P&D release.

PSA...

While we are waiting for Q1 production numbers, please consider enabling TFA (Two Factor Authorization) and using strong passwords on your financial and sensitive information accounts. And if you want to be thoroughly incentivized, listen to this Lex interview with Brett, who stole incredible amounts of money from folks. I've time stamped it to a particularly interesting bit he calls "spear phishing".

I'm seeing all kinds of new attacks in tech and the best line of defense is TWA and strong passwords. Even TMC has TWA, which I have enabled. Fidelity, eTrade, MS, Vanguard...etc as well as traditional banks.

Here's a phishing email which is not legit supposedly from Coinbase where I hold my crypto...

View attachment 789095
Why are you not using a hardware wallet to store crypto? Why are you also telling the internet that you hold it on Coinbase?

Don’t get me wrong lol….I too struggle with buying things other than TSLA stock. I’m 31, have no debt, work 2 FT jobs and work OT, I live with 3 other people so I only pay 200$ on rent per month and shop as frugally as I can manage. When I say treat myself, I mean purchasing a book that I love from Amazon rather than going to the library for free (COVID…not going to another library 😷).
Im learning a balance too. Little by little.
If you like to read, here are a couple ways you can save money to buy shares or avoid selling them.

There are over 60,000 ebooks available for free from Project Gutenberg. The books are legally available because they are out of copyright. The site offers many wonderful books.

Here’s how to load books to a free reader app, such as the NOOK for iOS app from Barnes & Noble (offers the best reading experience, imho, though I mainly use it for newspapers and magazines) or to an e-Ink reader (I prefer to read novels using an e-Ink reader):
Find your book and download it from Project Gutenberg. Get the ePub version for most books—that will let the reader do the layout. Get the pdf version if it has a ton of pictures or the book has a complicated layout that doesn’t look well in an ePub format.

Then for example, on an iPhone or iPad share (touch the box with an up arrow and select the app to share to) from your browser and then select the reader app you want to use. Your book should be automatically "sideloaded" to the app. Here’s a link that should get you to the NOOK app in the App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/barnes-noble-nook/id373582546&usg=AOvVaw1Eomwxt2JYeFhtmEAOi2Gi
edit: You can find your downloaded ePub in the Safari browser by touching the button with the circle with a down arrow inside icon.

Most of the other major ebook ecosystems, e.g. Kindle, should still support sideloading.

Alternatively, you can sideload books to an e-Ink reader or mobile phone via your computer. For example, instructions are available in the answer to FAQ question number 19 here: NOOK Reading Apps™- Frequently Asked Questions, FAQs - Barnes & Noble

I start my Saturday mornings with a list of discounted ebooks that I get in an email from BookBub: Get ebook deals, handpicked recommendations, and author updates. You can select the kinds of things you’re interested in as well as when they notify you. Nowadays, I’m as interested to support my preferred ebook ecosystem as in saving money, so I usually wind up buying more books than I will read. It’s fun to have them though and tends to encourage me to read ever more widely.

Last edited: