Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before Europe Gets to Bed 🛌💤
I hope to post my full financials in the Quarterly Financial thread later today but wanted to get this quick post out for those calling it a day.
When I update my model for the P&D report, my Non-GAAP EPS only decreases from $2.80 to $2,74.
In the table below you will see that changing my deliveries from 320k to 310k reduces EPS by $0.12 . . .

. . .but changing the lease rate on Models 3/Y from my projected 5% to the 3% as per the P&D report, improves my EPS by $0.06.
So the P&D report only had a net $0.06 impact ($2.80 to $2.74).

Then I make 3 additional changes based on feedback from members and new data that I have seen.
The 3 changes (Pricing, Berlin/Austin Ramp and Taxes) get my non-GAAP EPS above my original estimate.
I am now at $2.83 EPS non-GAAP. This is triple last year's (Q1 2021) EPS of $0.93

View attachment 789211

Good stuff, thanks. Where is your 2022 EPS now?

WSJ also citing a “miss” but didn’t say what it was…? Nonsense.

factset estimate was 317k.

We also had numerous posts from many members here saying how Wall Street estimates of 309k deliveries were ridiculous and “way to low” and how “useless” they were, and how the Shanghai shutdowns somehow wouldn’t impact tesla much.

so I think it’s fair to characterize the numbers as a “miss” to some of the members here as well.

solid numbers overall for tesla, today is a good day.

Elon has today made 70m Twitter followers. Lodger stated that it was accelerating and it is. Here is the proof:

170 days between 50m 1st April 21 and 60m 18th Sep 21.

116 days since 18th Sep 21 and today.
Elon has made it to 80m Twitter followers. Incredible acceleration in growth:

Elon has gone from 70m to 80m in 79 days (Jan 13th 22 to today 2nd April 22). Previous was 170 and 116 days.

Like the economy, this is not a zero sum game. With this acceleration, I predict 20Bn followers by the end of the year....

Before Europe Gets to Bed 🛌💤
I hope to post my full financials in the Quarterly Financial thread later today but wanted to get this quick post out for those calling it a day.
When I update my model for the P&D report, my Non-GAAP EPS only decreases from $2.80 to $2,74.
In the table below you will see that changing my deliveries from 320k to 310k reduces EPS by $0.12 . . .

. . .but changing the lease rate on Models 3/Y from my projected 5% to the 3% as per the P&D report, improves my EPS by $0.06.
So the P&D report only had a net $0.06 impact ($2.80 to $2.74).

Then I make 3 additional changes based on feedback from members and new data that I have seen.
The 3 changes (Pricing, Berlin/Austin Ramp and Taxes) get my non-GAAP EPS above my original estimate.
I am now at $2.83 EPS non-GAAP. This is triple last year's (Q1 2021) EPS of $0.93

View attachment 789211
Thank you!

You cannot gift into a Roth, only funding allowed is post-tax earned income.
You cannot, for example, deposit social security income, as it is not "earned".
Forward Observing

I could not put my military retirement into either (traditional or ROTH) IRA. I put the bulk of my part-time college teaching monies into TIAA-Cref/self-directed IRA. And, lived off my military retirement. Then, I was able once I retired from teaching to move all my contracted funds (mutual funds) for $450. Best $450 I ever spent, or penalty ~ depending how you look at it.

@wtlloyd your right on from what I have learned.

Reactions: wtlloyd and AZRI11
At the moment for 2022 I am at:
$13.30 GAAP
$14.65 Non-GAAP

EDIT:
For comparison, 2021 was:
$4.90 GAAP
$6.78 Non-GAAP

Updated EPS estimates for both Q1 and 2022 from @DaveT

The Bigger Picture - Tesla Q1 Deliveries Report (Ep. 573) (1 hr ago)

Looking very bullish... Operating Leverage FTW. ;)

EDIT:

Dave's estimates for 2022Q1; Operating Margins by Qtr in '21 '22; Est 2023; Est'd 2024:

snapshot.3-35.2022Q1.jpgsnapshot.5-09.OperatingMargin'21'22.jpgsnapshot.5-41.2023Est.jpgsnapshot.6-25.2024Est.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Car sales numbers from March in Norway is in. 82.9% of those were BEV. Compared to 52.8% in March 2021.

And some of you might have heard about the best selling brand already:

View attachment 788724

Øyvind Solberg Thorsen from OFV says that all cusomers want electric now - and four wheel drive. And those who can deliver cars like that despite wars and chip shortages are winners in the statistics this year. OFV are quoting Volvo boss Rita Kristin Broch saying that chip shortages and other supplier shortages is behind this but like last year we plan to deliver many more cars in the second half of the year.

And here is the ist of the most selling car models in March 2022 in Norway:

View attachment 788725

The end of quarter delivery wave is still in play of course. Will be interesting to see if Giga Berlin will change this.

View attachment 788728

Source: Elbilandelen når nye høyder tross leveringsutfordringer
Source: Tesla Registration Stats
Forward Observing

@Christine69420, yes, I am slow to the party. But, I find it interesting that your Norway charts eliminated Mercedes-Benz in 2022.

Thanks for the charts, I would be interested in future charts as the story unfolds. I find the automotive world very interesting.

I expect anyone trying to pick that cherry would just use Q4 vs Q1, so that i's, you know, essentially a busted growth story.
Well ‘he’ did exactly that this time last year so let’s see…..

I think ‘YoY comparisons aren’t relevant’ was another one of ‘his’ inane droolings in Q1/2021 too.

All of this nonsense about "missed estimates" should simply be ignored. Anyone with a brain understands there is a huge supply chain issue across the board, Tesla has done an outstanding job managing to grow from '21 Q1 results despite this issue.

As a long, I couldn't be happier .... who knows how the hell WS will react on Monday as their stupidity never ceases to surprise me. I don't care .... I know what will happen long term.

Cheers to the longs!

BTW, the model Y I picked up 5 weeks ago is simply fabulous .... best car I've ever had and every friend who has been in it has told me that they would love to buy one as well .... waiting on our 3 which should be here by June.