Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife was hesitant at first as I had to reason how good an investment TSLA was so I could clean out the couch. And again with the many good buying opportunities along the way. Now she can look back and see I was right. Her only gripe of late is that I HODL my shares with a diamond hand grip. "You know, now that you're retiring we're going to need some cash to live on."

You can’t take it with you! Enjoy the fruits of your investing labor.

OT, wish this was an April Fools joke... My 2021 Model Y was t-boned, I'm fine, walked away. Hopefully it's totalled and we can get some 4680 batteries (think positive). What's the lead-time on a new Y these days?

It was just me driving the car, completely fine (left arm abrasion is all), the airbags deployed, and the truck that hit me was a 4-door full-sized GMC pickup truck. That driver was also safe. Maybe 30 mph at impact (speed limit was 45, hard to judge when it's coming at you, looked more like 2 mph). Ironically, his airbag didn't deploy as he hit square into my driver's side hitting both doors but mostly the rear door (it needs a new left half.)
Glass in my pants was a neat trick, I can't explain that part. Was my first accident ever. Super glad it was a Tesla.

Seems I missed a good story through. My tow driver told me there was a traffic jam up the street from a stuck Waymo in the same mess, and no driver. It was worth the laugh at a bad time. I didn't know they were doing that again, so I can't confirm but not surprised either.

OK, back to life at hand. If anyone has some insights on this situation like getting the video, repairs, totals, time-frame now, let's do it offline, thx.
I've never come across that euphemism before - thank you for broadening my linguistic knowledge.

All of this nonsense about "missed estimates" should simply be ignored. Anyone with a brain understands there is a huge supply chain issue across the board, Tesla has done an outstanding job managing to grow from '21 Q1 results despite this issue.

As a long, I couldn't be happier .... who knows how the hell WS will react on Monday as their stupidity never ceases to surprise me. I don't care .... I know what will happen long term.

Cheers to the longs!

BTW, the model Y I picked up 5 weeks ago is simply fabulous .... best car I've ever had and every friend who has been in it has told me that they would love to buy one as well .... waiting on our 3 which should be here by June.
This is an excellent post - thanks.

Elon has made it to 80m Twitter followers. Incredible acceleration in growth:

Elon has gone from 70m to 80m in 79 days (Jan 13th 22 to today 2nd April 22). Previous was 170 and 116 days.

Like the economy, this is not a zero sum game. With this acceleration, I predict 20Bn followers by the end of the year....

Haha!

On a more serious note, I do think Elon's accelerating growth of followers will likely be a leading indicator for TSLA's valuation. Of course it's just one small part of the puzzle but I've long spoken about how the valuations of public companies are heavily dependent upon public perception. It's not all numbers and calculations, it's the human factor. Because in the end it's the subjective things that determine how the objective numbers are valued.

As a counterpoint, my wife thinks there are too many fake Twitter accounts (bots) to read anything into the rapidly growing number of Twitter followers Elon has been accumulating, and I don't have enough visibility into how Twitter is run to know how that might affect the numbers.

All of this nonsense about "missed estimates" should simply be ignored. Anyone with a brain understands there is a huge supply chain issue across the board, Tesla has done an outstanding job managing to grow from '21 Q1 results despite this issue.

As a long, I couldn't be happier .... who knows how the hell WS will react on Monday as their stupidity never ceases to surprise me. I don't care .... I know what will happen long term.

Cheers to the longs!

BTW, the model Y I picked up 5 weeks ago is simply fabulous .... best car I've ever had and every friend who has been in it has told me that they would love to buy one as well .... waiting on our 3 which should be here by June.
I hope the general masses is smart enough now to see thru the FUD. Missed estimates, ikr, in a context of +68% deliveries QoQ while everyone else is minus 20% across the board. Right who are they kidding?

You cannot gift into a Roth, only funding allowed is post-tax earned income.
You cannot, for example, deposit social security income, as it is not "earned".
Yes, I should have mentioned that. My kids are older and earned significantly more than their Roth contributions. So my gifts allowed them to put their money into Roths. :)

I hope the general masses is smart enough now to see thru the FUD. Missed estimates, ikr, in a context of +68% deliveries QoQ while everyone else is minus 20% across the board. Right who are they kidding?

Many major sites in the MSM/Fin have been remarkably positive today about Tesla's Q1 results:
Of course there will always be paid negativity (See'N'Be'Seen), but they are not the majority anymore. A lot of the Media recognize Tesla's awesum potential going forward.

Thanks in part to fanbois like us. ;)

Cheers!

Show me the MONKEY!!

RED MODEL Ys IN PRODUCTION AT GIGA TEXAS! - Tesla Gigafactory Austin 4K Day 619 - 4/2/22 - Tesla TX

maxresdefault.jpg

Cheers!

#S3XY :p

Last edited:
You can’t take it with you! Enjoy the fruits of your investing labor.
No worries. I haven't retired yet and she's still working. I have to sell some for the RMA on an inherited IRA but was waiting for the price to recover. We're close to the price I was hoping to sell at so that will happen soon. We're just a bit cash poor ATM from some big purchases and vacations booked and the final deposits are coming due.

You cannot gift into a Roth, only funding allowed is post-tax earned income.
You cannot, for example, deposit social security income, as it is not "earned".

There are legal ways to do this.

We pay our children $6000 per year for legit work performed for my wife's business. They don't have many responsibilities, but they do have enough to pass the litmus test that our CPA put forth. The $6000 per year is then immediately deposited to their Roth IRA. We pay them monthly, and put the funds in the Roth monthly. Their net taxes at the end of the year are zero, our tax burden is lower, and they have a tax-free growth of the funds for the rest of their lives.

EDIT - the two caveats to this strategy are that 1) you need to have a business, and 2) the work needs to be legitimate enough to pass an IRS audit, should it occur.

Last edited:
Many major sites in the MSM/Fin have been remarkably positive today about Tesla's Q1 results:
Of course there will always be paid negativity (See'N'Be'Seen), but they are not the majority anymore. A lot of the Media recognize Tesla's awesum potential going forward.

Thanks in part to fanbois like us. ;)

Cheers!
So, all this positive press after the production and delivery report either proves we live in a simulation, or, I just woke up in an alternate universe. o_O

Very possibly both. 🤷‍♂️

What's next? SP volatility over the weekend?

Last edited:
How many more EVs did the EV leader GM sell than Tesla this past quarter? Hint: it is about -310K

Oh, thats not how this works in main stream media. It's all about the growth ratio, you see GM went from 26 EVs in Q4 to 99 hummer-EVs in Q1, thats a 380% growth, while Tesla went from 308K to 310K. thats less than 1% growth, you see Tesla is essentially a busted growth story while GM shows the killer multiples in growth. ;)
Surely, you can calculate how many quarters it will take for GM to catch up to and bypass Tesla based on these growth numbers...

it is about 6 quarters, i.e. Q3 2023, so before the end of next year GM will sell more EVs than Tesla -- at least based on GoJo logic, OK, nevermind that is an oxymoron