Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're entering a whole new phase of TSLA life.

That we are. By the end of 2022 so many positive things will have happened to Tesla that our investments will be in an entirely different light from where we are today. And 2023 will be a gangbuster year because of what 2022 is setting up.

The future for anyone owing TSLA shares is super rosy. :cool:

Yep, I'd be very happy if he'd pull back on the FSD and refocus on Tesla energy some more. This past Q tesla slipped to 4th in installs in the state of CA. They are actually losing market share...a bizarre and not positive occurrence. The solar roof product still is not out in scale. The megapack was a logical solution, it is still sold out.

Lots of reports that battery installations will be the big thing in CA this year, lots of retrofits of solar farms to receive battery capacity for both grid management and power supply. I'm going to be looking at the report for q1 to try to figure out where energy is going. The Ukrainian war shows just how important it is to cut the dependency on oil.
Tesla leadership ostensibly believes FSD wide release is imminent, probably to arrive sometime in 2022 or 2023.

They said on the last earnings call that FSD is the focus because it makes each car 5x more useful and thus 5x better, per battery cell consumed, at contributing to the mission of cutting oil demand. Megapacks don’t even come close to robotaxis in comparison. If their expectation for FSD is accurate then to focus on its development is the best strategy.

I feel sorry for them when they realize the customer complaints about charging networks balloons.
Yes, let that comparison begin for the business traveller. Test drive them all, please!

I did check out a Polestar in a Scottsdale mall a few months ago. It is cute, plus still has the $7,500 Fed Tax credit. Maybe that's what Hertz is doing? Something tells me that any EV below the 200K delivery threshold, and is worth a darn, will be snapped up considering supply and inflation. GM has none left. I'd be curious why they went with Polestar over the e-Mustang. Cost could be one, production capacity/availability another.

Consumer view, I was thinking how much I'd rather have Cybertruck over another Y. It doesn't make sense to have both, so it just hit me how the 2 vehicles will interplay on sales. As Model Y demand skyrockets, Cybertruck will come to the rescue for folks that just need more than an SUV.

One thing for sure, Tesla is teaching us all the value of patience - on the stock, on the vehicles, on energy, on society, on rockets, on planets. Slow and steady she goes ;)

This is 100% our plan. Went from two 3s to a 3 and a Y and will settle in (hopefully sooner than later) with a Y and a CT.

Why did EV stocks just take off? Was sort of meandering about 1% up then boom. What happened? Was it the Hertz purchase of more EVs?
I think a lot of people are still looking for 'the next Tesla'. I also think as time marches on and Tesla's success becomes obvious, it becomes obvious to more people (retail investors included) that EVs are here to stay, so I believe this promotes EV diversification. If a company new to EV manufacturing doesn't go out of business then most of them are a good buy IF one HODLs with diamond hands.

Found out why $TSLA is up over 2 Gordons today:

1649087597197.png