Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW! I'm sorry but I have to say it again, WOW!

This article is on the home page of The Telegraph. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw it this morning. The Telegraph has produced a string of anti Tesla articles over the years, many of which I have commented on. Finally this. I suppose there s a limit to how long even this newspaper can continue to deny reality. And for those saying "it's only one month", a reminder that in 2021 the Model 3 was the second best selling car of any type in the UK.

And the article includes this wonderful line: "Tesla has done for cars what Apple did for mobile phones"

OK, one more time, WOW!

View attachment 790919
I had to open it in incognito mode to see the article.

Pretty good, but then I looked at the comments and the nasty ignorant people/bots were out in force with one or two sane people. Daily Fail articles comments have become much more even-handed recently (many people taking the time to explain why the FUD is untrue). Just a matter of time...

I think there's a couple things that COULD move the stock today.... I just don't know that it's super likely we'll get anything in detail about em---

Rate of 4680 progress
Any updates on CT or Semi

The one thing I expect we ARE likely to get would be some clarification on what exactly Austin will be producing initially.... (hopefully ending all the "OMG PLAID Y" or "NOPE TOTES SR Y!" stuff)

This is the first recall I've actually cared about in any way, as it'll be spun (and might even have some truth to it based on this recall) as Teslas flexibility in being able to switch to lots of different chips might have downsides... (using non auto grade chips and such)--- initial report doesn't have a ton of detail though.

I think there's a couple things that COULD move the stock today.... I just don't know that it's super likely we'll get anything in detail about em---

Rate of 4680 progress
Any updates on CT or Semi

The one thing I expect we ARE likely to get would be some clarification on what exactly Austin will be producing initially.... (hopefully ending all the "OMG PLAID Y" or "NOPE TOTES SR Y!" stuff)

This is the first recall I've actually cared about in any way, as it'll be spun (and might even have some truth to it based on this recall) as Teslas flexibility in being able to switch to lots of different chips might have downsides... (using non auto grade chips and such)--- initial report doesn't have a ton of detail though.
If you look at the manufacturing date, it's before the chip shortage fiasco by almost two years so it has nothing to do with using non auto grade chips.

RIVN at $40 a share is getting interesting to me. Sandy and other reviewers have nothing but good things to say about the trucks they've received. I know they still have a long way to go, but I'm starting a position here.
I rather get shot than to invest into any start up Ev auto makers, especially those that have lost more money in a year than Teslas entire existence.

If you look at the manufacturing date, it's before the chip shortage fiasco by almost a year so it has nothing to do with using non auto grade chips.

It's odd because it cites

The article in question said:
The company will recall the cars manufactured between January 2019 and January 2022,

Which certainly includes the chip shortage era, but also begins before it.

So leans more toward it'll just be spun that way for FUD

RIVN at $40 a share is getting interesting to me. Sandy and other reviewers have nothing but good things to say about the trucks they've received. I know they still have a long way to go, but I'm starting a position here.

GL I guess? Their cash burn rate for how they're scaling is insane (like orders of magnitude worse than Teslas ever were) and the fact they rolled back the price hikes insures they'll lose $ on every vehicle for the next several years (on top of losses from scaling and R&D and everything else).

Might be a more interesting thread for you though-

Even though tesla will be fine either way, I'd much prefer them having a seat at the table helping to make better decisions for EV adoption rather than having the ideas of others imposed on them.
In other words, I would rather have Tesla let others know what to do and what standards to follow. It will be best for EV adoption and EV industry as a whole. Let Tesla decide and others follow Tesla and everyone will be fine.

The TSLA vs. NASDAQ charts don't show obvious manipulations on Thursday.

* Tesla increased Model 3 LR and Performance pricing by another $1000 on Thursday.

Ten year treasury bond yields crept higher to 2.6% on Thursday,

The difference between earlier this week and Thursday

Max pain was 1085 Thursday morning

Even with Thursday's big dip,
@Papafox I hope you aren't predicting today... (Most of the Thursday's in this post should be replaced with Wednesday/)

Last edited:
It's odd because it cites

Which certainly includes the chip shortage era, but also begins before it.

So leans more toward it'll just be spun that way for FUD

GL I guess? Their cash burn rate for how they're scaling is insane (like orders of magnitude worse than Teslas ever were) and the fact they rolled back the price hikes insures they'll lose $ on every vehicle for the next several years (on top of losses from scaling and R&D and everything else).

Might be a more interesting thread for you though-
With these kind of recalls, it's usually isolated to one part which is to one supplier because the date range would include all parts gathered from that one supplier.

If there's another supplier, then it'll be a different recall with a different date range. They don't group multiple problems into one recall.

Yeah, that's how it SHOULD work, but do you want to bet? I see potential downsides in the US for Tesla owners. Only if this helps accelerate the expansion of the SC network and the SC experience is not degraded for Tesla owners would I see this as a desirable partnership.
I’ll bet. No way will Elon agree to or allow the process to become cumbersome for Tesla owners. He’ll recognize the stupidity of it/be told via a tweet and he’ll make it work/find a solution.

There you go @ggies07. Put on a ca’boy hat, Levis, and some snakeskin boots and look like you belong or ate part of the entertainment. Have fun!
haha, well shiiiiiit! Nobody's got time for last minute plans... I've got a kid, work, and traveling last minute down to Austin would be a nightmare...oh well. I'll be watching the stream tonight. :)

WOW! I'm sorry but I have to say it again, WOW!

This article is on the home page of The Telegraph. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw it this morning. The Telegraph has produced a string of anti Tesla articles over the years, many of which I have commented on. Finally this. I suppose there s a limit to how long even this newspaper can continue to deny reality. And for those saying "it's only one month", a reminder that in 2021 the Model 3 was the second best selling car of any type in the UK.

And the article includes this wonderful line: "Tesla has done for cars what Apple did for mobile phones"

OK, one more time, WOW!

View attachment 790919
It’s a trap. I’m sure of it. Just wait for it…

Guessing you haven't seen how much cash they bled in the last 2 years. Compared to TSLA at the same stage of growth, it's nucking futs ridiculous high.

Not investing myself until they can show some fiscal responsibility.

Babysitter (or closet)
Call in sick
Leave now

🤷🏻‍ Seems easy.
doable
already off because I was planning on going (key word there, why didn't Elon just say that a long time ago...sigh)
Superchargers between here and Austin by now will be stressful and take too long.

I was going to leave early enough to miss all the traffic if I had gotten a formal invite.

It's cool. I've hit the acceptance phase now. hahaha.