Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elons really going to let Abbott and Cruz speak tonight? They both deny climate change and support the oil industry....

View attachment 791031
Not ideal, but better than
1649356155392.png

Days/events like these make it annoying to be a TSLA shareholder located in Europe.

You guys living in the land of the free have the Cyber Rodeo livestream to look forward to today. Us poor EU sods have to either get up at 4 am to watch it or wait till the morning.

Oh well, at least we don't have to wait an hour for Elons speech since he's always late.
You got Berlin first so you have no room to complain.

No way the 4680 drops 400lbs. Now 200lbs is within reason. The charging will not be that different. Maybe 10%. Braking distance will be better but nothing shocking. Handling will be better too, though 90% of customers would not be able to tell if they were given a blind test. The biggest difference is cost to Tesla and manufacturability (which leads to better cost for Tesla as well).
With the front casting I would not be surprised if you could tell a difference in the way the car dries. It will be much stiffer. Seems they tried very hard in the videos to hide any front end shots of the body.

Reactions: Gigapress
What do you mean? Politics and this company are now entangled with each other if they go on stage. I would boo the hell out of them as I expect others will. They go against everything this company stands for, except making money.
Shouldn't all be welcomed to -not alienated from supporting- Tesla??

No way the 4680 drops 400lbs. Now 200lbs is within reason. The charging will not be that different. Maybe 10%. Braking distance will be better but nothing shocking. Handling will be better too, though 90% of customers would not be able to tell if they were given a blind test. The biggest difference is cost to Tesla and manufacturability (which leads to better cost for Tesla as well).
4680 meaning the dual casting, structural pack, no module, no floor pan, lithium 12V battery Model Y, not just the cells.
With the front casting I would not be surprised if you could tell a difference in the way the car dries. It will be much stiffer. Seems they tried very hard in the videos to hide any front end shots of the body.
I think that was just due to the flight path following the process flow. Tesla has posted front pics.
Q4 report:
SmartSelect_20220407-145410_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Keeping politicians looking cool is a great way to keep them out of your business.

Tesla was an icon of the tree-hugging, granola-earing left 10yrs ago, with no chance of attracting Republicans. Now it's cool... for a variety of solid reasons - not just domestic manufacturing jobs (which by itself is a great reason)

I plan to be there tonight. I will neither boo nor cheer 😀

4680 meaning the dual casting, structural pack, no module, no floor pan, lithium 12V battery Model Y, not just the cells.

I think that was just due to the flight path following the process flow. Tesla has posted front pics.
Q4 report:
View attachment 791058
I'm speaking of the latest Tesla video, I assume they don't want it know what is in the front regardless of what it is. My guess is the overall weight reduction is more than expected.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Zero CO2 and mongo

It seems like a special kind of stupid to cut the factory helping to reduce fossil fuel use during a shortage of fossil fuels…

That’s probably why Germany will do it. 😑