Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing. Maybe that’s the plan. Sell it locked as the same spec as Fremont for a while and then maybe unlock faster charging etc later on.
From what we have seen it is a Model Y Standard Dual Motor with only ~280 miles of range. (That is what the screen showed on one vehicle someone at the event went inside.) So not the same as what Fremont, Shanghai, or Berlin makes.

I have to assume that specs, and ordering, will be made available soon. (They probably contacted locals with orders and asked if they wanted to switch to the standard range from GigaTexas for a discount.)

Musk just confirmed that 4680 production in Texas is online now. That is one of the absolutely vital components for Cybertruck production.

I think this is the biggest news from the event. 4680s are being made in volume at GigaTexas as well as the Kato road pilot plant. It will be interesting to see how the market reacts to this news tomorrow. (If they even notice.)

They definitely could announce their support for it. Especially Abbott.

If Abbott actually cared he could call a special session for them to come vote on it.

He's always been able to do that, and never done it (for this matter anyway- he's called them for other matters)

No info on the specs for the Texas made MY, or did I miss it…?

We know folks at the event sat in SR AWD Model Ys, which seem to be the 279 mile EPA range cars we knew existed (but I think a lot of folks expected to be RWD)- but nothing announced, and not listed at tesla.com on the Y configurator which is kind of odd.

Putting a half million more Model Ys on the road this year is the biggest news IMO.

That's fully ramped production for a full year. They're not going to make that many this year in Texas.

They delivered cars outta the factory. I wonder if they decided to pay fines... or there is indeed some workaround that all the know-it-alls on this forum have never figured out?

Or the moved them out of state, completed the sale paperwork, and moved them back to the factory for tonights deliveries.

The law's pretty clear on this- and Elon himself has admitted it's a problem until the legislature changes it.

They delivered cars outta the factory. I wonder if they decided to pay fines... or there is indeed some workaround that all the know-it-alls on this forum have never figured out?

Easy they could have shipped them out of state, done the paperwork and then brought them back. That is the most obvious way.