Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a link handy? I'm trying to see if we can figure out how large the SR battery pack is; maybe someone already has. The LR AWD had a Recharge Event Energy of 91.115 kWh. And the SR AWD had a Recharge Event Energy of 76.533 kWh. So if the charging efficiency is 90%, I would guess the SR has a 68.87 kWh pack and efficiency of 246 Wh/mi at the EPA range. Compared to 82 kWh and 258 Wh/mi for the LR AWD.
sorry it took me awhile, had to scrolll through 80 or 90 pages... I think it basically starts on this page, and continues on sporadically between hacking about other Austin stuff.... Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

MarketWatch - this morning: This crowdsourced site shames car dealers for huge markups

Excerpt: Automakers, with the exception of Tesla TSLA, 2.00% and a few similar startups, don’t set the prices for the cars. They set the prices they charge third-party dealerships, but those dealerships negotiate final sales prices with buyers.
Now is the time for Tesla to renew its lobbying of state legislatures that have been protecting dealerships that argue they are needed to provide fair pricing.

Don't think this has been mentioned yet. New Giga Texas hiring page - Giga Texas | Tesla. Lots of varied opportunities there! Or you can just hold your stock instead, much easier and you can get away with being less exceptional. 😄
I love that Resume is optional ... i went to apply but realized i spend too much time on TMC to get anything done at Tesla ... will have to settle for mediocrity

Last edited:
Munro Live recap of the Rodeo.

My takeaways:

1) Four floor layout is optimized with lightest materials going to the top and everything neatly nesting into place. Top secret battery floor on top and then everything perfectly cascades downward towards general assembly on the ground floor. Zero compromises in layout could be found.​
2) Automatic ground vehicles (AGVs) are used even more extensively than before as shown in Giga Shanghai videos.​
3) Giga Texas will be easy to rearrange in the future. Tesla built in agility.​
4) The cult is still growing and Sandy is undeniably a celebrity now. Many Tesla employees watch Munro Live.​
“I’ve been to literally hundreds of car factories, and supplier factories, factories in general…maybe thousands…and I’ve never seen anything quite like the Gigafactory.”

This guy was the source of Russ Mitchell's recent hit piece.

Omar already uncovered that he was pushing TSLAQ -- I wouldn't be surprised to learn if his familiarity with twitter bots was actually because he was behind TSLAQ oriented bots as he was clearly a TSLAQ -- but that is just speculation but the guy is really looking like a fraud with an agenda.

The guy (David Kirsch) tweeted "Tesla bubble is deflating" on 5/24/2019. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don’t know what that means. Is it good; meaning someone is expecting 1050 by expiration date or something else?
It means someone indeed made a bet that the stock price will be above $1050 by friday next week (i.e. after earnings), or at least that the SP would rise leading up to earnings (to flip the calls at a profit). And Mister Jon apparently followed this trade, showing he also is feeling bullish short term.

This has no predictive power whatsoever. But it could strengthen a SP rally if it were to occur.

It means someone indeed made a bet that the stock price will be above $1050 by friday next week (i.e. after earnings), or at least that the SP would rise leading up to earnings (to flip the calls at a profit). And Mister Jon apparently followed this trade, showing he also is feeling bullish short term.

This has no predictive power whatsoever. But it could strengthen a SP rally if it were to occur.
I wasn't looking at $1050 today, but $1200c dipped a good bit lower than Monday's close. These guys probably bought near the bottom today for $18-20 and are looking for SP to cross $1150 the day after earnings.

Jesus, when you type it out like that it seems a pretty decent lock. Certainly greater than 50/50 shot to double your money IMO.

I'll be buying my YOLOs Mon/Tues if any. I've sworn off fomo-like behavior, there's never a rush with TSLA. You can often even buy your YOLO calls the day AFTER blowout earnings as MM's try to keep a lid on things a couple days.

This is part of it too. There is not only possible Osborne factors between the current SR and LR, but the current LR and a future 4680 LR that must be threaded. Holding a small percentage of the new SR battery in reserve achieves this while providing real world engineering validation on top.
I would be willing to pay more for a AWD LR+ (4680 AWD LR with air suspension and better soundproofing)! 😀

While this is generally true, Rob Maurer’s channel has nearly perfect information accuracy, even more so than this thread.

In this case the OP making reference to Rob’s video said Phase Three was cancelled when the actual statement on Tesla Daily was: “I’ve also been told that the Phase Three expansion, which was originally planned for April, has also been delayed due to interruption of local government approval processes.”

I don’t mean to criticize you or OP, just needed to support Tesla Daily.
Indeed! Error was mine, and Rob Maurer / Tesla Daily deserves none of the blame! He is definitely the best source of legitimate Tesla news around.

To be clear i paraphrased that the shanghai expansion plans that were planned for April not happening as “Cancelled” was solely on me. “Delayed” is absolutely the correct description of the situation.

Munro Live recap of the Rodeo.

My takeaways:

1) Four floor layout is optimized with lightest materials going to the top and everything neatly nesting into place. Top secret battery floor on top and then everything perfectly cascades downward towards general assembly on the ground floor. Zero compromises in layout could be found.​
2) Automatic ground vehicles (AGVs) are used even more extensively than before as shown in Giga Shanghai videos.​
3) Giga Texas will be easy to rearrange in the future. Tesla built in agility.​
4) The cult is still growing and Sandy is undeniably a celebrity now. Many Tesla employees watch Munro Live.​
“I’ve been to literally hundreds of car factories, and supplier factories, factories in general…maybe thousands…and I’ve never seen anything quite like the Gigafactory.”

Good summary. I should have stuck to that rather than watching any of it. Most of it was "I'm such a celebrity I can hardly believe it!"