Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Decade according to Worm Capital,, seems they think Tesla investors will make lots of money 😎

“Tesla has been our largest position for 4+ years.
• We have long believed that Tesla was destined to be one of the largest companies in the world— based on free cash flow and net income.”

Okay, that is a really good and thorough presentation. Nothing in there I didn't already know really, but it lays out the case to invest in Tesla supremely well.

Good news/ bad news for Mach-E.

The Ford Mustang Mach-E is no longer available to order in any trim level for retail customers in the United State
….
Although Ford notes that high demand is the reason for the pull, it might be more complicated than that. Like almost every automaker, Ford is dealing with supply chain constraints.

Due to the vehicle’s popularity, Ford elected to triple production of the Mach-E in Mexico by 2023.

The money shot out of this PDF. They project production crossover in 2023/2024 (two crossovers one for Ford, one for GM).

View attachment 794965

It's a bit deceptive in that those 2 were already in decline long before Tesla was impacting that decline (those sales were going to Toyota and others- not for EV related reasons). Gm and Ford have slipped to 4th and 8th in worldwide vehicle sales by 2021.

Would have liked to see them include actual sales leaders that weren't ALREADY dying off before now on a chart like that like Toyota and VW as more interesting.

The Ford Mustang Mach-E is no longer available to order in any trim level for retail customers in the United State
….
Although Ford notes that high demand is the reason for the pull, it might be more complicated than that. Like almost every automaker, Ford is dealing with supply chain constraints.

Due to the vehicle’s popularity, Ford elected to triple production of the Mach-E in Mexico by 2023.

Still available in EU though? I recall at launch Ford intended to ship the majority of them there anyway due to higher emissions fines- so wouldn't shock me if this was them moving 100% of production there now for similar reason since they've failed to ramp it up much.

This is probably the best presentation I have seen on Tesla for the average investor to understand.
I need to save this presentation for future use . . . .
. . . . for when someone comes onto this forum and asks, "does anyone have materials I can send to my doubting friend (or uncle, cousin, work colleague)?
Agreed! Recommend anyone needing a "bullish boost" look at that slide deck. It brings together all the things we know about Tesla, and when you add them all up, WOW. This company is doing a lot and has huge upside potential and huge results already. Just wow.

Pinging Mengy

Could you please say one more time that the market is going down? Thank you!

Well, the market has definitely turned downward once more. Wonder how far down we go from here?

UhxtL6n.gif

….

MY2022 is sold out. Ford is making small changes and increasing prices across the board. Mach-e 2023 should be published soon. Dealerships already received the info.

Mustang Mach-E
  • Increase Select RWD series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Select AWD series prices $3,000 MSRP
  • Increase Premium RWD series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Premium AWD series prices $3,000 MSRP
  • Increase California Route 1 RWD series prices $4,000 MSRP
  • Increase California Route 1 AWD series prices $5,000 MSRP
  • Increase GT series prices $4,000 MSRP
  • Increase 997/99U Extended Range Battery for Premium prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Destination & Delivery prices $100 MSRP

MY2022 is sold out. Ford is making small changes and increasing prices across the board. Mach-e 2023 should be published soon. Dealerships already received the info.

Mustang Mach-E
  • Increase Select RWD series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Select AWD series prices $3,000 MSRP
  • Increase Premium RWD series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Premium AWD series prices $3,000 MSRP
  • Increase California Route 1 RWD series prices $4,000 MSRP
  • Increase California Route 1 AWD series prices $5,000 MSRP
  • Increase GT series prices $4,000 MSRP
  • Increase 997/99U Extended Range Battery for Premium prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Destination & Delivery prices $100 MSRP

Link pretty clearly says those price bumps are mid-year price bumps for 2022 model year.

your link said:
Mid-Year Pricing - Effective April 13, 2022
PRICE LEVELS (Effective April 13, 2022)
2022 Model Year

23s don't typically come out till fall.

• Helpful
Reactions: JRP3 and wtlloyd

"Tesla’s Gigafactory Shanghai preparing for resumption of production! Anti epidemic front-line news reporters came to Giga Shanghai today. Hundred of barrels of water unloaded ready to be transport into the factory. A large number of finished cars parked at the parking lot $TSLA"

I don't recall this video being posted last week. For anyone like me who may have missed it (it's in English):

Twitter's board enacted a poison pill in an attempt to discourage a hostile takeover. That made me wonder if there is a similar mechanism to discourage short selling? Is there any kind of measure the Tesla board could adopt that if the short interest got above N% it would trigger something that would be harmful to shorts? eg, a 2-1 split?

Last edited:
Twitter's board enacted a poison pill in an attempt to discourage a hostile takeover. That made me wonder if there is a similar mechanism to discourage short selling? Is there any kind of measure the Tesla board could adopt that if the short interest got about N% it would trigger something that would be harmful to shorts? eg, a 2-1 split?
We can call it a vitamin pill instead of a poison pill.