Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice.

This is why nearly half of Tesla vehicles produced in Q1 were equipped with a lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery, containing no nickel or cobalt

And my mid-range M3 from 2018 with NCA got 260.
As a result of our energy efficient motors, a Model 3 with an LFP battery pack can still achieve a 267-mile EPA range

I love this confirmation of our assumed affect of OEM advertising spending. OEMs spend millions of dollars on Superbowl ads, customers research EVs, customers buy Teslas.

1650485689057.png

Financial results are amazing, even better than most of the uber-bull estimates ($2.86/share GAAP, 3.22 non-GAAP profit).
Now the question is: can Elon rattle the cages and scare the investors on the call enough despite the results to cause the SP to tank tomorrow ?
Looks very difficult, but Elon is extremely talented, so I would not rule it out yet... ;)

While this is certainly a beat, I'm curious to see how the market actually reacts. As in tomorrow, when the SP drops because everyone thought a beat should have taken it up. We've all been down this road before. I'm happy they beat as a miss could have resulted in a precipitous Netflix drop, but I'm not convinced the Market is going to respond the way most think it should.