Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds right regarding the CT, but they have a huge backlog of Model Y LR to fill. Are they going to wait for 4680 production to ramp to fill these orders ? I doubt it, if they can manufacture 2170 cars with otherwise unused production capacity.
I doubt it as well. They likely still have design work and factory equipment to make 2170 based structural packs. I believe they said on the call that it would be 2170 based structural pack. This means not the exact same design as Shanghai/Berlin Model Y. Likely this also means different range/efficiency then the Fremont Model Y.

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush
Wow, right at 8:30 AM some serious buying started going on, it almost hit $1080 already. It will be curious to see how the stock action plays out today after such a serious earnings beat.

Could be that some whales who cashed out of $NFLX yesterday are interested in $TSLA today; ;)

Just look at the volume bars on $NFLX yesterday, it was twice the amount of shares as the January 'miss':

sc.NFLX.200-DayChart.2022-04-20.16-00.png

Cheers to the $TSLA longs!

I doubt it as well. They likely still have design work and factory equipment to make 2170 based structural packs. I believe they said on the call that it would be 2170 based structural pack. This means not the exact same design as Shanghai/Berlin Model Y. Likely this also means different range/efficiency then the Fremont Model Y.
They said non-structural 2170 packs. We shall see what happens with dual (current Austin) or single (current Berlin) casting versions of those.
SmartSelect_20220421-094321_Adobe Acrobat.jpgSmartSelect_20220421-094330_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

“And still, people continue to buy Teslas. Even as their own budgets tighten, people are willing to pay those higher prices, driving Tesla's profit margin. That's because people who buy Tesla's--for the most part--aren't just looking to buy an EV, they're looking to buy a Tesla. They've bought into the brand as much as its cars. And that, it turns out, is an incredibly valuable thing for any business.”

Well, Tesla makes the most efficient EVs too!

I found this part in the deck interesting:

I haven't heard much about the Megapack factory in Lathrop since they broke the ground back in September. Not all factories attract drone pilots I guess. But now they are ramping. Which is great!

All I could find out is that it's close to the distribution centre on Tesla Drive in Lathrop. Anyone following this more closely?
Here’s the latest on Lathrop

“And still, people continue to buy Teslas. Even as their own budgets tighten, people are willing to pay those higher prices, driving Tesla's profit margin. That's because people who buy Tesla's--for the most part--aren't just looking to buy an EV, they're looking to buy a Tesla. They've bought into the brand as much as its cars. And that, it turns out, is an incredibly valuable thing for any business.”

Well, Tesla makes the most efficient EVs too!

I think more importantly, Tesla provides the best value --- hands down.
These media buffoons miss the most important point.

Look at this table of Bjorn Nyland's 1000 km challenge runs. EVs that come close to Tesla in winter runs are close to 2x the cost

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.52.58 AM.png

Isn't she beautiful? I'm surprised yahoo updated this so quickly:

View attachment 796082
Normally Yahoo doesn't update until the 10k is out, and often a couple of days after that. So this is quite unexpected.

What I have never understood is how anyone could look at the dots and circles and put the Q1 circle below the Q4 circle. Madness.

Macro's are entering back into bull market territory; today will be fascinating to watch.

The macro bull path back to ATHs could take weeks, but I'm willing to wait ;)

It the other U.S. Tech majors post 'beats' during this earnings season, this rally could have legs. Memorial Day coming early this year? Hope everybody got their tickets early!

Earnings Calendar - MarketWatch

Cheers!

Last edited:
MM's putting in some early effort to hold $1100 this week. The moment volume cooled off in the slightest, they begsn pushing down. Doesn't look like it'll hold, but we'll see.

So if they try for 1100 this week, the amount of covering Monday/Tuesday will likely be huge.

Was able to sneak in and buy some more 4/29 $1200c cheap at the open. Will likely sell on Tuesday's peak.

Exciting times. I'm not a chart person, but this looks scary to me:

Screenshot_20220421-095735_Chrome~2.jpg

How is that not getting us rapidly to $1550?

Contrary to what was said on the call, it looks like the rate of supercharger growth is not accelerating at all. If anything, it is decelerating a bit:

New Stations
Q2 2021: 267
Q3 2021: 288
Q4 2021: 222
Q1 2022: 248

New Connectors
Q2 2021: 2385
Q3 2021: 2381
Q4 2021: 2217
Q1 2022: 2159

Depends on your frame of reference, if you compare quarter over quarter it is down, but if you compare year over year it is up.

Thanks for the correction. So basically Austin will be preparing to make Berlin Model Y.
Unclear, Berlin is currently non-structural 2170 with only a rear casting. Austin is currently structural 4680 with both front and rear castings.
From Berlin tour, the cutaways looked like the frame was pack agnostic, in which case Berlin stamped fronts may either be risk reduction (copy of Shanghai), or to reduce short term demand for Gigapresses.
Austin may make dual casting non-structural 2170s. And Berlin may make single casting structural 4680s in the near term, or transition to only dual casting 4680.