Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That doesn't seem practical to me. Lots of money to solve something that isn't a problem. How would they prevent someone from stealing them?
Easy. They could be programmed to go into an uninterruptible , high decibel, Fart mode, while hurling incessant and also high decibel profanities at the thief, if Optimus is involuntarily removed from a pre-determined geofenced location.

• Funny
Reactions: Mike Ambler
He should have called it CHOAM.

Combine Honnete Over Advancer Mercantiles, more commonly known as CHOAM, was an organisation which essentially controlled all economic affairs across the cosmos, although it relied upon the Spacing Guild for transport across space due to the Guild's monopoly on faster-than-light travel. CHOAM touched almost all products the Guild will transport, from art forms to technology and of course melange. Many Houses depended on CHOAM profits, and an enormous proportion of those depended on melange. Most economic ventures were conducted through CHOAM, in which the Imperial House, the Landsraad, and Bene Gesserit and the Spacing Guild all had a stake.

I now own exactly 2 shares of TSLA. And a buttload of call options.

Cheers to the Leveraged Longs!
After selling my short term calls this AM, I've deployed most of my cash to leaps. Hodl my beer. Haven't been this leveraged since early 2021.

Yikes. Good luck with those. Buying after a run up and increased Vol. I bought protective puts earlier today.
What run up? lol
1650570886561.png

I’d prefer they just added a feature to do the same to the cars themselves. Then I wouldn’t have to stand outside in the rain while the robot parks my car.

It would be super nice if while you are charging Optimus cleaned the windshield and all of the cameras. I seem to end up with occluded cameras quite a bit.
Would be a great differentiator once Tesla superchargers are open for other EVs!

Don’t bother about the bot parking the car. either the car can do it or it can tell the car to do that.
The robot would be such a great service for FSD long distance (night time) driving. There you have your electric airplane.

Reactions: Ogre and Nocturnal
Not defending anyone, but the entire market is red. J. Powell opened his big fat stupid mouth again and mentioned a 50 bp rate hike for May. Precipitating a broad sell-off.

It's not J POW speaking, its the FEAR of J POW speaking that drove the U.S. Tech Market today: (his actual speech was barely a blip in this day-long bleed)

QQQ.2022-04-21.16-00.png

Last edited:
What is the most valid, current 'bear thesis' currently? (I'm interested to hear what others are hearing, what would be your reply and counter-argument.

The one I heard today was "Tesla won't be able to sustain 50% CAGR growth and/or profit margin going forward for more than a year". That is the reason why the valuation isn't higher.

My reply and counter-argument to that would be:

Reply: "What data would be needed to change your mind?"
Counter: Tesla has demonstrated with Shanghai that not only is 50% possible, but 70% and now 80% while becoming much more profitable, has near zero debt and is building up a cash war chest. Both Berlin and Austin are built to be more efficient, allow less logistical spend and should ramp faster than Shanghai (per yesterdays con call) and thus should realize higher profit margins even faster than Shanghai. Given this, it would not be out of the question for Tesla to achieve an automotive gross margin that rivals Apple (currently 43%).
Top challenge for Tesla: Ramp 4680 production to ensure 2023 CAGR growth.

After selling my short term calls this AM, I've deployed most of my cash to leaps. Hodl my beer. Haven't been this leveraged since early 2021.
Seems a pretty good time to lever up. There hasn't been this much certainty in the roadmap....maybe ever. Short of Putin deploying nukes, I feel fine.

I think Nov18 calls are a good safe strike, since 2Q is sounding less shaky and add one quarter for good measure. Plus a couple weeks for the markets to digest. ;)

Then I went out longer to Mar 2023 and have a few Jan and Jun 2024 contracts. I don't see a scenario that has me doing worse than just HODLing.

Not sure I would've jumped today if I didn't need to raise cash this spring. But it seemed right. Better than screwing around with covered calls and paying higher premiums for LEAPs when we're at 1175 or so. We shall see.

Tesla bots already up and walking around? Man would I LOVE to see some video of that!!!! :D

Lol, walking is nothing (no AI needed, even an insect can walk)

You want a real demonstration of AI? Have Optimus remove a rusted bolt from an exhaust heat exchanger that broke off 5 mm below the flange. (hint: I can do that 'usually', but not without much swearing, and failing over multiple escalating attempts)...when ur alone, and its -30C out w. 40 knt winds.

That'd be some AI. :p

Well, if you bought the dip yesterday and sold the pop this morning, it's a very sweet day. I also bought some puts near the top but sold them WAYYYY too early.
I haven't been able to buy any because I have been in the process of buying out my government partner by rolling to Roth. Still have a huge amount of tax to deal with to get it all accomplished.

Reactions: EVCollies