Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this had been posted here

What is auntie Cathie doing?

Doesn't she have to sell when people cash out of the fund in large numbers?

I mean, literally, the markets are almost back to their lows again for the year. TSLA has been strong recently (knocks on wood) because of their stellar earnings, large order book, lack of debt, and capital efficiency, but every other stock out there is getting creamed, and HARD. ARK's basket of stocks is no exception.

Woohoo!

Man I wish I I could go on a bender with Elon just once….

Lol, well you can, you just need to start a Youtube channel first... ;)

Gigafactory Texas - Opening Party.jpg

Cheers!

Sorry if this had been posted here

What is auntie Cathie doing?

It you span out to the 5-year for ARKK, I believe it's called "kicking patootie and taking names" if you just held. Wonder what the 10-year is going to be?

Even Baron sells sometimes (not without good reason. When one stock goes from 1.6% to over 50% of your portfolio, that hurts your risk rating. Still selling at $600 has to sting a little, even if it paid off most of their margin)
Ron Baron sold 1.8m Tesla shares due to concentration risk
The guy diamond handed to unreasonable amount of time as a fund manager. He doesn't set rules like Cathie which doesn't allow good performing stocks to fly very high.

dunno - I'm impartial, but the returns on that fund by her and her team on a 5-year basis are pretty incredible...

Are they?

Google says:

(108.42%) past 5 years.

TSLA BTW is 1,500.14% past 5 years.

Heck, if you backed TSLA out of the fund does she have ANY gains?

Kudos for her for picking TSLA as a winner, but everyone else here did that too, right?

Anybody else in here only have 108.42% gains in the last 5 years?

Are they?

Google says:

(108.42%) past 5 years.

TSLA BTW is 1,500.14% past 5 years.

Kudos for her for picking TSLA as a winner, but everyone else here did that too, right?

Anybody else in here [B}only[/B] have 108.42% gains in the last 5 years?

I'm not here to argue, just making a point that the returns are incredible as a ETF

If you want to invest with ARK, go for it! I think it's cool they do so much analysis and make it very much available

People have actually done this and your guess is correct. If you back TSLA gains out of ARK funds, they have significantly negative ROC. TSLA not only is the entirety of ARK gains, it cancels out all the losses made on everything else.

People have actually done this and your guess is correct. If you back TSLA gains out of ARK funds, they have significantly negative ROC. TSLA not only is the entirety of ARK gains, it cancels out all the losses made on everything else.
Additionally, when looking at money-weighted returns, ARKK has negative overall results for their investors. Most people got in when it was trading above $100

2E8D8007-8BA5-409E-A297-4A29533E0B20.png

• Informative
Reactions: CLK350
Austin was not supposed to use the 2170.
When did anyone at Tesla say they would not use the 2170 in Austin?

I'd love to see this reference because if you look at the facts, that was almost certainly never going to be the case.

Tesla is going to need every single battery they produce or acquire for a long time. If they have one factory that only consumes one type of battery, that massively cuts their options down. I don't think Tesla ever considered Austin would be a 4680 exclusive facility.