Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been in TSLA since 2012. Obviously done very well. Every time I try to "diversify" even a little, I lose money on the diversified stocks. I think it is better to invest solely in the one stock that you have studied and understand completely than just throw money here and there.
This should be shown in grade school:

Because Model 3 is physically to big for much of Europe and Asia. Model 2 has a huge TAM.
Yes! Even so, despite appearances the core technologies can adapt to widely differennt form factors. Obviously battery packs will be smaller, but…A single Gigapress will probably not have annual capacity much beyond 250,000. A die, less than that. Nearly all the simplicity of a single diecast chassis will reduce costs dramatically. The BMS, FSD, infotainment, motors and most other parts will easily adapt.

I think people who imagine Tesla will not or cannot have a wide variety of vastly different vehicles are people who really don’t understand how Tesla efficiencies work, specifically how quickly costs are going down and how Gigacastings can enable very cheap, capable and robust smaller and larger vehicles.

Keep in mind that the rapid improvement in Gigapress technology already is enabling a 10,000. Right now Tesla is nearing almost incomprehensible operating leverage.

Just look at the cash conversion cycle! Skip technological details if needed. This proves Tesla can build nearly any size or shape vehicle and still generate cash. All they’re missing are batteries and chips.

Lithium problem? Well, help CATL use Sodium instead. In the meantime, find more Lithium.
Once done;
Let model variety, stationary, geographical spread etc follow just as soon as materials can be found.

So thats the FUDs latest angle, a death wish Elon? *sugar* *cubed* how can we stop promoting that angle. This is no longer funny.
So, you didn't actually watch it, just read SMR's headline?

Several times over the years I've heard Elon say with a chuckle that "death will probably come as a relief."

Don't read too much into SMR's click-bait headline.

Last edited:
BYD EV together add to 99,381. They are close to eliminating ICE and probably PHEV. All the need is more batteries! FWIW, they are very competitive with stationary storage too, and are quickly growing internationally.

This is only passenger cars. It would be interesting to see the same data for commercial and industrial vehicles. Tesla has not done anything there, yet. The semi, when it comes, is only the beginning and that only for traditional over-the-road vehicles.

China leads the way!

There’s no chance that oil money is behind this is there? (I am not a conspiracy theorist…okay, just this one.)

ESG is just old fashioned WS influence peddling and racketeering using a veneer of environmental consciousness, brought to you by the same people responsible for “zero risk” mortgage backed securities.

Brenda brought up an interesting consideration w/ regard to TSLA going forward:

Apparently, the competition is coming. :oops: I don't think we should take that too lightly:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

. . . .and Brenda thinks the Competition is coming for Tesla . . . but the Competition is coming for the Competition.
OEM EV sales will for the most part be stealing market share from OEM ICE sales. This is one of the reasons why OEMs have dragged their feet.
I don't know why analysts continue to make this simple mistake.

China is responsible for over 100% of the increase in glob CO2 emissions over the last several years.
That seems to be factual, as is their leadership in solar panels, storage batteries and much else.
To make more emphasis we need to also realize that China is still adding new coal-fired electricity generation plants. This from last year:
BEV is our primary focus here, but animal husbandry, industrial activity and power generation are all larger contributors than are passenger cars. Still, BEV, at least, are helping directly and indirectly. Tesla is showing how to do manufacturing with less negative effects, so that is a major benefit, not least because Tesla proves that it is more profitable to do manufacturing more efficiently.

In the process China is certainly learning from Tesla, a gigantic advantage for the world. Unlike nearly every other company Tesla is actively trying to encourage competitors and advance renewable energy.

Is any other company actually trying to help China to advance to a clean energy future?

China is responsible for over 100% of the increase in glob CO2 emissions over the last several years.

As a country that is still industrializing and manufacturing much of the world’s goods, China is likely to increase emissions for awhile. But that’s as fair as saying Qatar is so much greener than the US because it produces only a small fraction of greenhouse gases.

The relevant and fair question is where China per capita emissions are vs other developed countries. As far as I know, per capita emissions for China are around half those for the US. Figures for 2021 seem hard to come by though.

No matter what it is or what is behind it, the energy continues to build due to compression of the spring.
Exactly. If certain funds that like to buy high-rating stocks find themselves staring at $1300 TSLA when the rating gets changed, so be it. Either way, TSLA will go up following the rating adjustment. There are forces pushing Moody's+Fitch to delay the upgrade, hence the ridiculous requirements they keep publishing. But eventually that will be over. Just one more data point in the journey

. . . .and Brenda thinks the Competition is coming for Tesla . . . but
the Competition is coming for the Competition.
OEM EV sales will for the most part be stealing market share from OEM ICE sales. This is one of the reasons why OEMs have dragged their feet.
I don't know why analysts continue to make this simple mistake.

Love that anti-FUD slogan about competition. Let's think of some others.
  • The competition is coming... to where Tesla was years ago.
  • The competition is coming... and they suck.
  • The competition is coming by the hundreds... of models and sales of each model.
  • The competition is coming... to Super Bowl ads, which doubled Tesla orders.
  • The competition is coming... like heat death of the Universe. Not soon enough to matter.
  • The competition is coming... for twice the price with dealer markup. Let me talk to my manager.
  • The competition is coming... except for new software while you sleep, the highest safety ratings ever, an Autopilot that saves lives, a charging network that actually works.
  • The competition is coming... with the speed of legacy auto innovation. Oh wait...
I don't know, maybe yours is the best.

Exactly. If certain funds that like to buy high-rating stocks find themselves staring at $1300 TSLA when the rating gets changed, so be it. Either way, TSLA will go up following the rating adjustment. There are forces pushing Moody's+Fitch to delay the upgrade, hence the ridiculous requirements they keep publishing. But eventually that will be over. Just one more data point in the journey

Maybe its always been an employee retention problem? Everyone knows Tesla is leading the charge on climate change and there's a ton of money to put into it. If everyone working there is rich, it kinda reduces the motivation to get stuff done, for some, in the aggregate.