Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting texts between Elon and Saudi Arabia on why Funding Secured fell apart. We really dodged a bullet (or a bonesaw) - it looks like Tesla could have very easily been privately owned by Saudi Arabia right now if they hadn't dragged their feet and pissed off Elon.

That whole period was traumatic enough. Do we really need to rehash it? The Saudi guy got one thing right- It was an ill advised tweet.

That whole period was traumatic enough. Do we really need to rehash it? The Saudi guy got one thing right- It was an ill advised tweet.
I am glad Elon tweeted what he did. It brought out the true colors of the PIF fund who refused to confirm that they were in talks with Tesla. They had no problem making Elon looks like a liar - maybe they thought that gave them more leverage. Not the type of people who can be trusted as partners.

Elon was labeled as a liar and forced to accept the SEC settlement. He will never give up trying to clear his name. I am all for him taking up the fight - someone has to show the world how the Regulators and big businesses behaved behind closed doors. If that means some volatility, I can take it.

Selfishly I am glad the deal fell apart. I do not believe all small investors would have been able to be a part of it If it had gone through, my net worth would have only been 1/20 of what it is today.

Interesting texts between Elon and Saudi Arabia on why Funding Secured fell apart. We really dodged a bullet (or a bonesaw) - it looks like Tesla could have very easily been privately owned by Saudi Arabia right now if they hadn't dragged their feet and pissed off Elon
Very interesting. Sounds like the rumors (which were floating around on this forum years ago) were true. This forum has a great track record of being ahead of the curve.
Yes. The truth is important.

I am glad Elon tweeted what he did. It brought out the true colors of the PIF fund who refused to confirm that they were in talks with Tesla. They had no problem making Elon looks like a liar - maybe they thought that gave them more leverage. Not the type of people who can be trusted as partners.

Elon was labeled as a liar and forced to accept the SEC settlement. He will never give up trying to clear his name. I am all for him taking up the fight - someone has to show the world how the Regulators and big businesses behaved behind closed doors. If that means some volatility, I can take it.

Selfishly I am glad the deal fell apart. I do not believe all small investors would have been able to be a part of it If it had gone through, my net worth would have only been 1/20 of what it is today.

We're all glad that it fell apart, I'm sure. The whole deal was ill advised in my view.

I sure hope I get it. My 10.2 has deteriorated and is currently unusable. Strange because it was fairly good for the last few months.
10.2? If you are really on 10.2 then you are many months out of date. See here for FSD Beta release note information, showing that 10.2 came out in October, 2021, and that there have been 19 updates since then. So if this is really the case, you should talk to Tesla about what's wrong.

Yes, exactly. Even after the PIF deal evaporated like a fart in a sand storm, there was still a potential deal with a group lead by MorganStanley. After exploring that for a week, and listening to emotional appeals to stay public on behalf of Retail by the likes ofCathie Wood, then Elon made the difficult choice to keep Tesla Public (ensuring himself 4+ years of pain). He did NOT lie. The SEC however did lie, as did the Saudis. Pox on their houses.

Here's what AJ/MorganStanley had for growth targets for Tesla in Jan 2020. No wonder Elon didn't take their deal:

snapshot.jpg

Tesla will exceed their 2030 unit sales prediction in 2023, and has already exceeded their PEAK gross margin level 6 years early. Pitifully misunderstood estimates; tone deaf analysts. Now, AJ has heard the dinner bell ringing, but other (oily) analysts are still stuck in AJ2020 mode.

Cheers!

refunds expected to be over

That's at least one state that will be pushing old school dealers out of the market. Pushing people to online sales, and some to Tesla.

Last edited:
It needs more than just "many improvements." Driving with FSD on city streets is stressful - you're just an unpaid test driver at this point.
Wow. what a blast from the CareBear past. good to see you again FirebirdAlpha. We're all much richer now than we were during your best posting year around 2019. If only we'd listened to your advice back then.../s

Wow. what a blast from the CareBear past. good to see you again FirebirdAlpha. We're all much richer now than we were during your best posting year around 2019. If only we'd listened to your advice back then.../s
Reactivation of long-dead bear accounts usually means something is afoot. What is afoot, I suppose we're gonna find out soon. I'm surprised to see this 3 years dead account suddenly come back to life again instead of just creating a new account, that seems like a strange strategy unless the bears have just gotten lazy.

>Twitter is nearing a deal to sell itself to Elon Musk, two people with knowledge of the situation said, a move that would unite the world’s richest man with the influential social networking service.

Edit: Further discussuion might be best here - although not much recently - Fully Charged Show

According to Fully Charged Tesla have only ever been to 3 or 4 motor shows but will be paying to be at Fully Charged Farnborough (29th April - 1st of May). Other Fully Charged shows should include USA, Vancouver, Netherlands and Australia. I'd hope that Tesla attend these as well. Last time, Tesla info came from UK owners club and someone who kindly came from Germany to show his Model Y.

Discussion by the public has moved on from are "electric cars practical" (now seen as inevitable) to how best to get one, how to switch to electric renewables for houses and how to integrate both. Home energy gets more interest than cars now.

1650886314573.png

Last edited:
10.2? If you are really on 10.2 then you are many months out of date. See here for FSD Beta release note information, showing that 10.2 came out in October, 2021, and that there have been 19 updates since then. So if this is really the case, you should talk to Tesla about what's wrong.
Correction….it’s 10.2.2…… still old

Attachments

• E2D3E1B1-7DC6-4987-9D23-9278B7DD1623.jpeg
    E2D3E1B1-7DC6-4987-9D23-9278B7DD1623.jpeg
    878.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Disagree
Reactions: Bet TSLA and Tim S