Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The process of legacy auto spinning off their EV businesses and leaving debt/pension/dealers/etc. on the books of the ICE division is beginning. Ford will be doing this as well. The question is if these new companies will be able to compete with Tesla. I think no, because culture and people are hard to change.

I saw tsla dump to 966 from 980 the minute twitter spiked 5%. So no its directly related to twitter. But macro is gonna macro as well
Hopefully people will realize Elon doesn't have to sell sooner or later.

Last edited:
Received paperwork late last week from JP Morgan regarding upcoming TSLA stock split. They detailed it as a 20 to 1 split based on “preliminary” information. Do not know if I missed the info on this thread, apologies if I did.

Passing it on as an FYI.

All the best!
Can anybody else confirm this? Seems huge news, if true.

Wow. what a blast from the CareBear past. good to see you again FirebirdAlpha. We're all much richer now than we were during your best posting year around 2019. If only we'd listened to your advice back then.../s

Lol, more likely their handler* summoned a "Vision"... :p

Cheers!

*birds aren't real

Last edited:
I'd like to circle back to this debt paydown in 1Q22. Can someone lock in the details for me? 2B in total debt paid down? Now we're essentially sitting on zero debt?

Does this impact 2Q vs 1Q earnings as directly as it seems?
Excluding solar and vehicle lease lines (which were also paid down), Tesla is now sub 100MM debt. Interest payments were $0.06 a share Q1, $0.33 Trailing Twelve Months. For reference, 2019 was >$0.68 a share TTM.
Net FCF may stay low depending on if they continue to attack the lease balance (unsure if this is primarily internalization or sale if end of lease vehicles) .
SmartSelect_20220425-084347_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

SmartSelect_20220425-083526_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

SmartSelect_20220425-085431_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The process of legacy auto spinning off their EV businesses and leaving debt/pension/dealers/etc. on the books of the ICE division is beginning. Ford will be doing this as well. The question is if these new companies will be able to compete with Tesla. I think no, because culture and people are hard to change.

Hopefully people will realize Elon doesn't have to sell sooner or later.
I'm hoping we get more investors involved and Elon doesn't have to go balls to the walls borrowing during what looks to be a bearish market. If Elon takes on max risk, wouldn't that results in margin calls if Tesla takes a mass dump for whatever reason?

Received paperwork late last week from JP Morgan regarding upcoming TSLA stock split. They detailed it as a 20 to 1 split based on “preliminary” information. Do not know if I missed the info on this thread, apologies if I did.

Passing it on as an FYI.

All the best!

Can you provide a little color on how JP Morgan explained why they felt the need to pass on this preliminary information? I find it suspect that they would do so considering a split is strictly considered to simply be a book-keeping event with little practical impact beyond whatever people make of it. Only if they had some kind of reason to control public narrative would they do this as any clients they had would already be aware that Musk intended to call for a vote to issue more shares and the ratio of the split has no real impact on the transaction (considered a zero-sum event).

Among other good reasons, I'm thinking that Elon wanted to pay down Tesla's debt so he could freely talk about this and 'clear the air'. Might also be another piece of the 4D chess being played with DOJ and the coming stock split.

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but what does the DOJ have to do with the upcoming stock split?

Among other good reasons, I'm thinking that Elon wanted to pay down Tesla's debt so he could freely talk about this and 'clear the air'. Might also be another piece of the 4D chess being played with DOJ and the coming stock split.
We're entering a fresh era for Tesla. 2015 we had a palpable moment where investment turned away for fossil fuels and acquiesced to renewables being the future. 2018 saw Tesla ramping Model 3 production.

5 days ago Tesla announced all the forces aligned against them have failed and they can no longer be stopped. No debt. Billions in earnings each quarter. Nobody seems to appreciate the gravity of this turn, but that's par for the course.

Expect Elon to say some seemingly outlandish things from here on out. We all hope these things will be positive and productive, but I'm ok with Elon being human and not nailing it on everything he has to say.

Last edited:
"Leading" from behind, Mary announces yet another nail in the Chevy coffin: The announcement of an "electrified" Corvette (read: hybrid.).

Why oh why would they do a hybrid? All the complications of a new design without the performance of BEV. THEN a BEV that will completely Osborne the hybrid.

What has the master strategist got up her sleeve?