Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I am missing something obvious, but what does the DOJ have to do with the upcoming stock split?
Nothing. I'm talking about all the players, data and future moves.

If the SEC is as Elon says and in the pocket of shortzies and the DOJ is involved to investigate said shortzies, then it would lead to Elon wanting to 'out' these players with a potential big dividend stock split hammer. And maybe hit the nails on the head multiple times (multiple splits timed to inflict as much 'outing' as possible)

THIS Muppet's lowball buy order at $966 happened at 7:17 AM!

Nicely sussed! You hit the pre-Market low to within MINUTES! :D

TSLA.2022-04-25.07-19.Lo.png

Cheers to the Longs!

I could see the board authorizing 20x number of shares, with a subsequent split being below that to provide room for future splits. A 20-1 split doesn't make sense to me
I would like to see the relevant information to accompany the 20-1 rumor.....
Screen shot of the email, or literally anyone else saying they received the same.....

I would like to see the relevant information to accompany the 20-1 rumor.....
Screen shot of the email, or literally anyone else saying they received the same.....
I will scan, redact and post tonight when I get home.

They did label it as "preliminary". Maybe they got confused with AMZN or GOOG.... I mean these WS types aren't always the sharpest knives in the drawer....

They may be requesting AUTHORIZATION from shareholders for the ability to do UP TO a 20:1 split. That doesn't necessarily mean that's what they'll do. For example, get 20:1 authorization, then do 4 unannounced 5:1 splits to keep them shorties on their toes :).
I like your thinking, but 4 5:1 splits is NOT 20:1, it's 5^4 : 1 or 625 : 1.

I don't think they are authorizing that.

One 5:1 split, and 2 unannounced 2:1 splits is equal to one 20:1 split.

Weird that TSLA is under performing Rivian, Nio, Lucid. I could have sworn TSLA had the blow out earnings....
Yea I commented a few pages ago that it was hard to explain this to the wife. So tired of endless Tesla is doing great posts, YouTube videos followed not only lack luster SP performance but actual downward trends! I know Gordon J is full of sugar but it's hard to hide from the current stock price trend.

Oh and remind me why is Twitter the focus?

Reactions: aGreenGuy
To me the vette is one of the few places a hybrid makes any sense right now..... The corvette team managed some legit engineering wizardry with the traction and suspension setup on the C8, the only vehicle with an MSRP comparable to a P3D that offers a comparable 0-60 time.

But they're pretty much at the limits of what RWD can do there- so adding a smallish battery and electric motor to the front wheels is a lot better solution for being able to improve performance than trying to invent a new ICE AWD setup for that platform.

Obviously BEV would be better still- but they don't have the battery supply to do that (and would rather put the few they have in giant trucks that in theory do more for them emissions-penalty-wise than in a light corvette)

The roadster will obviously spank the he double hockey sticks out of anything that comes of this, but given the price difference- it should.

don’t be surprised if the Tesla Roadster makes 2000+ horsepower. Future versions may make 3,000+ horsepower and be traction limited out to 200mph.😱

A lot of petrol heads don’t understand how easy it is to make power with electric motors, especially when you can have a motor for each wheel and you don’t even need a differential gear never mind a transmission… power to weight and power to $ ratios for electric motors is massively superior to ICE piston engines + umpteen speed dual clutch transmissions.

They may be requesting AUTHORIZATION from shareholders for the ability to do UP TO a 20:1 split. That doesn't necessarily mean that's what they'll do. For example, get 20:1 authorization, then do 4 unannounced 5:1 splits to keep them shorties on their toes :).
That equals a 500:1 split, though…

Edit: Or 625, as Ogre beat my comment with. Phone entry too slooow…

don’t be surprised if the Tesla Roadster makes 2000+ horsepower. Future versions may make 3,000+ horsepower and be traction limited out to 200mph.😱

A lot of petrol heads don’t understand how easy it is to make power with electric motors, especially when you can have a motor for each wheel and you don’t even need a differential gear never mind a transmission…
Yup. Tesla has a target now.
1650902934210.png

MM realizing EM doesn't need to sell any Tesla shares

All Twitter BOTS and clowns that hate Elon will need to use his service or find another one.
How about twitterQ :)
I am not sure about this assertion. I posted my thoughts on the Elon / Twitter thread, but I believe this conversation is on topic here.

feel free to disagree, but I think Elon does need to raise some liquidity to close this deal, and at the moment he unfortunately has only one liquid vehicle to do that.

feel free to disagree, but I think Elon does need to raise some liquidity to close this deal, and at the moment he unfortunately has only one liquid vehicle to do that.

I suspect Elon is telling large shareholders that they can keep their share in his new private Twitter if they want to. I have a feeling Jack is on board and in this category.

He probably won’t need to use the full finance package he’s assembled.

Last edited:
They are not requesting authorization for any split. They are just about out of shares and need got get more to do any board dictated split. That requires a share holder vote. Tesla's original incorporation shares are probably mostly gone. Certainly not enough to support any meaningful split. They could do an odd or uneven split say 3:2, 5:3 to use up whatever is still left but everyone would get complain.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I like your thinking, but 4 5:1 splits is NOT 20:1, it's 5^4 : 1 or 625 : 1.

I don't think they are authorizing that.

One 5:1 split, and 2 unannounced 2:1 splits is equal to one 20:1 split.
Yes you’re right on the math…but you get my drift (responded too hastily before leaving for lunch).

Last edited:
Only in my most fevered fantasies do I imagine that it was my strident admonitions in this thread many years back against ever doing further business with Goldman that persuaded Tesla to part company with that despicable nest of scorpions. Presumably, Mr Musk & co not only have been intelligent enough to learn that themselves, but like me…on somewhat of a different scale…have the wherewithal to tell them to do something anatomically impossible…even for scorpions…to themselves.
Just a slightly different view; most parts of Goldman are effectively independent of each other. I dealt for a decade or so with three of their non-US units, each of which seemed to be quite independent of the others. The only connection I noted was that they referred each other to my firm. As vendors of services to Goldman they were impeccable and were quite generous. Under no circumstances would I really want to deal with them as an investor. I would be slightly hesitant to use them to raise money, depending on the market. In the US I would NOT use them at all, for any purpose. OTOH what other would you trust, if any? Personally I'd would not trust any of them to raise capital or to advise on anything at all.