Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's just a crazy amount of strife and abundance right now. As Warren Buffet mentions in the past, there's "blood in the streets".

I wonder if this is Musk's way of putting in bets in his time and money right now, while much is sensitive, to blaze a path for his own ambitions and vision.

No, in effect, I'm not.

In my last post I mentioned I wasn't even claiming it was a future promise at all.

I was pointing out your claim he never said he wouldn't sell when he wished is factually untrue.

He absolutely said that. And I quoted him saying it in the present (not past) tense.

He's perfectly free to change his mind later of course.

He also said this at one time, so it's definitely not a hard and fast rule to not sell any TSLA to fund other ventures.

Last edited:
He should come out and say that then. He should say that lies and misinformation in the new open source algorithm will not be promoted in any way. On a scale of 1 to 10 10 being truthful important information and 1 being lies and misinformation lies and misinformation will be rated a 0 and will not be promoted at all.

I was able to find some change in between the driver seat and center console and pick up 8 shares at $899
You should give him an opportunity to a) actually finish purchasing Twitter and b) 3 minutes after that to Tweet it. 🙄

Limiting the spread of "misinformation" is limiting free speech. Yes, you and I have a right to lie.
What you call a lie, I call a truth. Who is to judge?

What we don't have right to do is limiting each other ability to lie.
We also don't have right to pretend to be bigger than we are.
Really? We have a ‘right’ to lie? I have the ‘right’ to tell lies about you, for example, as long as I present it as my truth? 🙄

And that right there is why we need to be saved from ourselves.

Why do so many people continually read more into Elon's statements than are actually in the statement?
I would note that Ron Barron used that statement from EM as a partial justification for his sizable investment in Tesla. Barron has repeatedly commented on this.

If his, EM, position changes, which is fine with me, it could easily alter some investment strategies IMO.

Limiting the spread of "misinformation" is limiting free speech. Yes, you and I have a right to lie.
What you call a lie, I call a truth. Who is to judge?

What we don't have right to do is limiting each other ability to lie.
We also don't have right to pretend to be bigger than we are.
No platform is required to "spread" any speech. Honestly maybe it would be better if tweets werent promoted at all. Go back to the way twitter worked at the beginning. Simply you saw stuff from people you followed and that was it.

You should give him an opportunity to a) actually finish purchasing Twitter and b) 3 minutes after that to Tweet it. 🙄
Nothing to stop him from telling the world his intentions. It may calm Tesla investors. I do believe a lot of the drop yesterday is Tesla investors that think he made an unforced error and this twitter purchase will lead to more people saying they wont purchase a Tesla then people saying they will purchase a Tesla.

Reactions: 30seconds
Nothing to stop him from telling the world his intentions. It may calm Tesla investors. I do believe a lot of the drop yesterday is Tesla investors that think he made an unforced error and this twitter purchase will lead to more people saying they wont purchase a Tesla then people saying they will purchase a Tesla.

I don’t think Tesla investors who don’t see the big picture (and therefore aren’t calm) are of much concern to him. Sure that causes some volatility in the short-term but that mostly affects traders and a fraction of long-term holders who are either very close to/in retirement or need funds to purchase a home, etc. The latter folks should obviously make more conservative investment choices which may include some hedging.

Generally all it takes is one trigger-happy event for a panicky long to learn his/her lesson about doubting Elon in such a short timeframe. Most of us have had one and learned from it.

Truth! Not ‘my’ truth, but Universal truth. 🤪
It is interesting that 'truth' has suddenly become subjective. Sad, too.
Worst, IMHO, is that even the SEC, to take one example, has chosen to define 'investing' to include both 'trading' and 'speculating'. Those words were once quite valuable distinctions, still allowing variances in interpretations. Now they are seemingly interchangeable.

I cannot remember exactly where Elon said' first in last out'. I think it was a conference call. Either way I do remeber listening to those words, and I had zero doubt what it meant at the time. No nuances necessary.

If Elon is indeed selling shares to purchase Twitter, then this is a fundamental change in his stance, which one should incorporate into their overall investment analysis. It might not change your concuslion, but when variables change, one probably should pay attention.

On another note, I was always taught do not count on something until it is in your hand. So the whole 'funding secured' debacle, I have yet to see anything concrete that would of indicated that. No doubt there were discussions, and intentions probably verbalized, but to say 'secured' when there is zero in writing to myself is a poor choice for a CEO (at the time) to make. Elon is impulsive. He demonstartes this a lot. He also obviously dislikes dishnoesty. So in my humble opinion, sometimes Elon does something, impulsive, wants to stay true to himself, so then figures out how to do that. Fifty per cent or more of people with Autism, have ADHD, the exective function disorder that can make it hard to regualte your attention. Hence you can hyperfocus, and get really, really into something. Like maybe rockets. Or electric cars or whatever it is. Impulsvive actions, like maybe 'fat-shaming' someone also can be part of ADHD.

"You take the good , you take the bad, you take them both, and then you have the facts of life. "