Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we stop this narrative of questioning? Teslas forward PE is 75. Tesla just grew earnings by 600% in Q1 yoy. Wall st themselves are projecting earnings for this year that are well over 100% growth over 2021.

You can’t have estimates for a stock to grow earnings over 100% and have it have a forward pe of 75. Simply doesn’t work that way

~38x next year’s earnings…

Don't worry, the market makers just need to balance their order books for all those bullish options without losing their shirts. As we get closer to the stock split, they will need to cover all their naked shorts and we will get it all back and probably a whole lot more.
On other news my neighbor ordered a loaded Model 3. Do you remember that neighbor? I guess I was the one with the master plan:)

I guess I have no brain then. Normally I'd be buying at these levels but with the current market environment and the uncertainty about what Elon is doing I'm staying on the sidelines for now. The stock price suggests I'm not alone.
Exactly!

(Edit: I only wish I could buy 😁)

I guess I have no brain then. Normally I'd be buying at these levels but with the current market environment and the uncertainty about what Elon is doing I'm staying on the sidelines for now. The stock price suggests I'm not alone.
That’s a bizarre post to hear from you. The stock price has “suggested” many times over to be wrong.

Yeah, Look at this firebrand! 🤣 totally unreasonable!
Problem is that the public isnt split 50/50. Interesting I also saw a pretty mellow non confrontational liberal ask Elon about that tweet yesterday. Asked why is Elon seemingly only engaging with the right since this started happening. Well other than insults.

Teslas forward PE is 75.

Wall st themselves are projecting earnings for this year that are well over 100% growth over 2021.

You can’t have estimates for a stock to grow earnings over 100% and have it have a forward pe of 75. Simply doesn’t work that way

So... you are telling us 2 things are true, then tell us they can't both be true and it simply does not work that way?

There's a certain frequent poster on Twitter who made the unsupported claim 3 mths ago that Tesla can't grow 50% in '23/'24. This included wrong assumptions about the number of gigapresses (8) and assembly lines (2 not 1) planned for Berlin. When corrected, crickets...

But feeding that patreon paid narrative is all it takes for PEG estimates to be cut in half. I saw this coming at the time, its an obvious (and ultimately false) narrative pushed by shortzes. But they'll have disappeared like a noxious gas in the wind by then.

Short timers.
Ah yes.....my favorite twitter poster who likes to think they know more about Tesla's internal plans and goals than Tesla themselves ;)

Didn't you hear 4680's WAAAYYYYY behind schedule since Tesla is using them on the SR Model Y instead of the Perf. Heaven forbid.......that was actually the plan from the start :rolleyes:

Apparently, there's only ~84M shares he has un-pledged at this time. That would be the max he can pledge.
I do not think this poster is right, the mistake being the already pledged shares. The numbers are as of August 2021 and that is no longer the case. (88 million in his spreadsheet)

Based on some previous disclosures / news, Elon had a margin loan of 1 Billion, mostly for funding his lifestyle, investments in other ventuers, and also some charity he was doing undercover. This is from the time Tesla was trading at 200-300 pre-split.

Just to reconcile that math, at 250 $ per share pre split, or $50 per share post split price, 88 million shares would be worth $4.4 Billion about enough to back stop 1 Billion at a ~20% LTV. Now these shares once pledged don't automatically come off pledge.

I firmly believe this agreement has been terminated after Elon sold shares, sold off his homes, etc and there are no encumbered / pledged shares at this point. Even if there is anything minimal left, I am sure that's getting rolled into the new deal.

Just more scaremongering as they smell weakness.

Last edited: