Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we aren't at peak TMC snippiness and worry, then we are close. It's probably due to the discrepancy between actual performance and SP. Back when Tesla was struggling, it was easier to say "well, Wall Street will get it one day. Earnings weren't great." Now though it just feels wrong.

The FED is getting what it wants, Russia's war will end sooner or later, and the real economy is still chugging along.
There are a lot of long term holders, including myself, that are not happy with Elon's behavior. Yes ... I understand how much it's gone up and I've been very fortunate to have ridden it up the whole way, adding rather than selling the position. I also think it's totally reasonable for SHARHOLDERS to question how the directors of a company act and if those actions are helping the share price or not. So, I don't consider it "crying" ....
I thought the whole idea was ridiculous, but Elon has been (uncharacteristically?) well behaved in terms of speaking about it. I'll say that at least.

Last edited:
Have you all gone crazy ...o_O one week ago Tesla reported earnings that were stunning ... Elon guided for over 50% growth over several years (not quarters)
look around at the other options of where to put your $$$ to work ... i still cannot find a better investment .. I loaded up on some GOOGL and i think they will do just fine ... growing at 20% ... but they wont return 3-5X over longer term like TSLA is likely to do

nothing fundamentally has changed about this company over the past week ... Elon antics have been consistent ... he has earned the right to buy Twitter if he wants and he is certainly not doing for the monetary gain (which i am sure it will also be a long term winner once he cleans house)

end rant

I think some are not buying here, similar to myself. Simply put I can see the potential for further drops in the price. If I'm wrong and it goes up from here that's great, I don't mind that I "missed out", I still have plenty of shares.
Based on Tuesday's volume and today's volume so far, plenty of investors are buying. TSLA is by far the cheapest it's ever been on a fundamental basis. I don't think anyone's saying it can't drop further but why someone would risk a rapid reversal of this just for another what 5%, maybe 10% is beyond me. 10% drop from here takes TTM PE to under 100.

I think you can also look at that from another perspective: If he has sold, the uncertainty has gone (we know he has sold), otherwise we´ll still be unsure if he is still going to sell later. Glass half full/empty type of thing...
Not really. If Elon wasn't selling on Tuesday, it's very clear that this whole week has been a very orchestrated bear raid. Which means there's huge gains to be had as we start approaching the stock split.

Oh I see you now understand why the stock is tanking despite great results. What if people who want an EV say damit I wont wait to purchase a Tesla any more because of Elon's actions. I am sorry the right-wing petroleum industry loving people wont pick up the slack. They may go "Yeah Elon let us be vile, but I still want a car that makes loud noises I dont believe in climate change nonsense." to me to get to 20 million sales per year you dont piss off potential customers you try to win them all.

Your comments are full of emotional hurt and flight-or-fight response. Good. That's what the shorts are trying to achieve, and you've been played perfectly. That's why hedge funds exist, because they can make a quick buck.

In the long term however, you speak to demand. Yet you ignore that 60% of middle/red 'Murica was nearly violently opposed to EVs just a year ago. But now, by purchasing Twitter and making it a free-speech issue, Elon has romanced that half of the country, and become the Fox News/Business poster boy for rallying their cause. Which Elon is slowing twisting to become EV/renewables.

Converting a a few more Prius-driving sandal lovers in San Francisco (if they convert, it'll be to scooters) isn't going to move the needle on fossil fuel consumption. Its the F-150 4x4 powerstroke diesel heads that need a cognitive reset.

Just wait for the Cybertruck. It'll be here just in time.

Bad actors on Wall Street are using (and helping feed) this uncertainty to shake the tree. They want to buy your shares at a discount -- and sowing panic among longs is a great way to do it. Using FUD is a tactic as old as the hills.

I'm not very pleased about this whole Twitter thing, the whole saga seems so unnecessary, but I don't know enough about it to have an opinion worth listening to. Musk has done many things in the past that annoyed me -- turns out he knew better than me. This is why I'm the one who has been lurking anonymously on a forum for years, and he's the billionaire.

I plan to deal with this uncertainty by drinking a gin and tonic on my balcony and enjoying the evening. "If in doubt, do nothing" is advice that has often served me well.

I spotted some TSLA shares at ridiculous prices so I bought a few. Even though I'm supposed to be retired and living off my savings. :oops:

Not calling out any bottoms here - about that I have no idea.

I just read that the first Berlin made TMY Performance cars were sold to ordinary customers here in Norway. And that is great news! The few registered earlier were all for Tesla. Presumed to be those unsellable pre-production cars now used as demo cars etc. Since VIN numbers gapped up quite a bit from those to the ones registered just now. Worth a little celebration and a few more certificates of Tesla part ownership.

How many shares did you pick up? Any one here buy today? Pretty quiet.

I'm buying leaps, as far ahead and out-of-the-money as possible. The June 2024 $2200 strike dropped to $90 today.

Can you imagine how many cars and trucks Tesla will be pumping out in two years from four gigantic still-expanding factories? How many Megapacks from the Lathrop factory? How many new factories under construction? How many FSD subscriptions gushing monthly income? How many stock splits by then? I can.

Hmmm.....let's see here. I have been in TSLA since 2012. Every year we have 4 to 5 dips like this for whatever "catastrophic reason". 4 to 5 dips x 10 years = 40 to 50 big dips! Soooo, been through this maybe 50 times, we always come out on top. So glad I have never sold any shares.

In times like these if I really want to be cheered up, I just look at supercharge.info where the incredible accelerating growth of Superchargers makes my day!

I'm buying leaps, as far ahead and out-of-the-money as possible. The June 2024 $2200 strike dropped to $90 today.

Can you imagine how many cars and trucks Tesla will be pumping out in two years from four gigantic still-expanding factories? How many Megapacks from the Lathrop factory? How many new factories announced? How many FSD subscriptions gushing monthly income? How many stock splits by then? I can.
Yes but Elon will be running for office so there is that...:)

Oh I see you now understand why the stock is tanking despite great results. What if people who want an EV say damit I wont wait to purchase a Tesla any more because of Elon's actions. I am sorry the right-wing petroleum industry loving people wont pick up the slack. They may go "Yeah Elon let us be vile, but I still want a car that makes loud noises I dont believe in climate change nonsense." to me to get to 20 million sales per year you dont piss off potential customers you try to win them all.
Man, whatever you are on, stop. You are clearly losing your marbles. Looks like you are ready to join "@"Cliffsky whenever he's gone.
The tragic thing is he quit because of BTC. LOL.

Elon … that’s how.

It’s always something he does that in no way relates to Tesla. And it’s happened numerous times. I love Tesla …. I don’t love Elon actions outside of Tesla. I know I’ll get a million thumbs down but really … his behavior is exhausting.

Im not naive, I realize he’s done some amazing things with Tesla and the company wouldn’t be here if it were not for him … but at this point .. Tesla is way bigger than one guy …

I have a lot of $$$ tied up in this stock …the ups and downs are ridiculous at this point but I’ve also not got blinders on …. So I stay invested and grit my teeth.

I’m hoping this will pass but really … Elon is going to be a polarizing figure and that will translate to tesla as well … I don’t know why he felt the need to buy Twitter but IMHO it’s a huge distraction.

YMMV
Agreed, it is a distraction. So I'll bide my time through this TSLA SP dump.

That's life, and this looks like just more of the same old TSLA roller coaster, which I've ridden before.

Long live Tesla and Uncle Elon!!! All I know is I'm glad I'm all in on TSLA. All the rest of my money I just wasted by comparison.

I don’t know if I have the nads to HODL at 500. I’ve dumped every spare penny I have into this and I’m grumpy as hell this week.
I still don't understand why you'd do anything BUT HODL...?

I get grumpy too. Then I start to think and get rational.

Years ago I put everything I had into TSLA. Sat and watched my net worth decline by over 50%, then when it reversed, I learned about LEAPS and was since rewarded many times over, despite having goofed and left many times my original net worth on the table on 2 occasions.

Never mind your nads.
Never mind your gut. (I know that's very hard)
Tesla's still looking great!

I'm starting to agree perhaps uncle Leo or Elon IS selling or something.

I think now's the time to buy.

-Not advice.

Last edited: