Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 more forms to come. Since he sold on Tuesday, you can bet that this morning was also him selling.

Says it covers 26th/27th. I would put money on him selling in the opening hours of trading today as well.

Bright side is maybe the market will view this favorably. He got all of his selling out of the way in the matter of a week. Awful timing though on Elon's part.

Edit: And there it is, his selling is done. Maybe we rebound now
Yes - his tweet "no more sales planned after today" likely means he sold today as well.

Last edited:
~3.1 million shares according to the two forms so far.

My quick maths shows 3.1 million shares and just over $2.8 billion in total value for these first two forms:

1651196237763.png

Attachments

• 1651196599697.png
    1651196599697.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Confirmation that he’s done selling should help with a big rebound tomorrow.

Why can’t the guy prearrange stock trades with funds that want to buy TSLA instead of dumping it on the open market like he does? Gary Black has suggested alternative less harmful methods multiple times.

Doing things quietly is not Elon's way ... ;)
This is entertainment .... suspense, drama, comedy and tragedy all in one :)

I think I've changed my mind, and think Elon may have sold yesterday, and is selling again today. We had a bigger red day than everyone yesterday, and have half the gains of Nio, Rivian, etc, today. Based on earrings last week, this just doesn't make sense.
Thank God. That explains a little how we can have the best earnings in history and drop close to 20%. It makes it very difficult to sell options when this sort of stuff happens on top of everything else. At least now we might actually climb tomorrow... 🤞

Confirmation that he’s done selling should help with a big rebound tomorrow.

Why can’t the guy prearrange stock trades with funds that want to buy TSLA instead of dumping it on the open market like he does? Gary Black has suggested alternative less harmful methods multiple times.

Elon has earned the right to sell his shares when he wants to and at market prices. For all we know, he might just be taking good care of all his new employees at GigaTexas and GigaBerlin as they get stock options based on the lowest price of the quarter.

As investors we know TSLA prices have high volatility and how to deal with that. For the less sophisticated investor, he has even told them directly the share price will be volatile and don't invest if you don't want that. For the employees it's a good thing. And we all know that working people can use all the help they can get to make ends meet!

No one’s discussing the fact that Elon may be selling 21M shares to fund the tender offer for Twitter? That would be larger than what he sold a few months ago when exercising his options and paying tax for 2021. Long term it doesn’t matter but would definitely be important for those playing options

Can anyone explain why this received a bunch of down votes? It seems like a legitimate concern. I would like to not be worried about it, but haven't seen an argument about why Elon selling additional shares is not a possibility.
Guess I’ll be getting apologies from @MartinAustin @keydiver @Krugerrand @Coolio2000 @StealthP3D @GOVA @floydboy @JRP3 @BabyBull @Blue horseshoe @Chenkers @Artful Dodger @mongo @MP3Mike @EVMeister @WarpedOne