Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fifth form includes April 27th sales, so nothing from today yet. SEC FORM 4

Total across the two days looks to be 4,413,860 shares for $3,988,212,164.00
Close, the inital total already has 1893 taken off
4,415,000 shares sold

Inital sale and remaining : 172,606,358+1,893
Final holdings: −168,193,251

Nowwaitadamminute. You’re telling me that Elon decided to sell coincidentally on the worst market performing day in months? Or is the tail wagging the dog? Did Elon's sale tank the whole market on Tuesday?
He needed some cash to take Elisabeth Warren out for lunch. He's just making an effort to make lots of new friends:)

Honestly I am totally over elon and his twitter thing. What a pointless waste of his time effort and resources.
Well, they are his time and resources and not yours.

Also, could I borrow your time machine to see if the Falcon's draft pick will be a bust or not. You seem to already know what works out and what doesn't.

On second thought, everybody knows how things work out for the Falcons.

So wrt the poll, 24% thought Elon was selling, 76% didn't think so. But either way, all but one either held or planned to buy more.

Which implies TMC members end up taking similar actions despite differences in their beliefs. Congrats to everyone for holding. Now we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya again. 😁

Last edited:
Bought some Nov $1200c this week, but not at the lowest low. It was just sitting there at $56 and I knew I'd regret not buying a bunch.

Options expiring after 3Q earnings will do well in my estimation. I think our steady climb to $1550 starts tomorrow.

This PE must be over 150 for the options market to function to the MMs advantage. Lower than that and there's not enough viable downside risk. Today that's $1105, including projected 2Q earnings that's somewhere around $1350-1600.

I suspect the spring will uncoil and shoot us near the top of that range. With macros same as today or better.

It's really not that big. He's raising $4B to $5B out of something like $170B he controls.

The daily volume is often $20B+, so his sale is certainly enough to move the buy/sell meter but it's not epic.
That’s 4.4 billion from just Tuesday. He sold on Wednesday and today as well. So it’s probably around 10-12 billion in total