Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the county just north of Chatham (NC), and travel through it multiple times a month. It seems to me that connecting from there to any interstate would be a nightmare within the next 10 years until the road system is dramatically expanded.

The Chatham-Siler megasite is within 20 miles of 4 different interstates (73, 74, 40, and 85), and ~60 from I-95

GigaTexas in contrast has one in under 10 miles (I-35) but then the next nearest is almost 40 miles (I-10) and the third nearest is over 100 miles away.

I can think of lots of other reasons to pick Texas over NC, but more access to more interstates isn't one of em.

I know when things are rough we talk about the compressing the spring a bit more.

It's nice to see the tension on the spring relax a bit on occasion.
Hopefully a continuation tomorrow. In the morning we get jobless claims and JP was noting that since we have very low jobless claims, they are NOT considering/talking about 0.75 hikes. So my takeaway from today's rally is that the market WAS expecting 0.75 and 0.50 was better and thus a rally ensued.

Great Scott!
C097271D-C6D6-4725-8AAA-ADB598B97088.jpeg

Details about the new car are thin. Pricing, specs, and how it will be built aren’t known. The company didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment about the coming EV.
And for investors, there isn’t a stock to buy yet either. DeLorean Motor Company isn’t a publicly traded company.

Last edited:
A Tesla is so easy to sell now. My UPS driver stopped to ask questions for 15 min solid. He was quite clear in describing how what he heard must not be real, otherwise "Why are Tesla's still selling like crazy?" The street is getting wiser by the day. His biggest concern, range of course. People sure do value their time quite high. I've always enjoyed my charging on a trip. It's freakin' classy, smell the coffee! But just in case, 4680.

If we see Putin declare victory and head back to Moscow, the whole thing unravels and you might see .25 as we head into fall 3 meetings from now.

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to happen. From what I’ve been reading, Russia is quite content reducing Ukraine to rubble. At this point, a long protracted war is more likely. Of course, things can change in a heartbeat (some people’s anyways).

The Chatham-Siler megasite is within 20 miles of 4 different interstates (73, 74, 40, and 85), and ~60 from I-95

GigaTexas in contrast has one in under 10 miles (I-35) but then the next nearest is almost 40 miles (I-10) and the third nearest is over 100 miles away.

I can think of lots of other reasons to pick Texas over NC, but more access to more interstates isn't one of em.

73/74 and 40/85 are 2 roads not 4 within 25-30 miles of the Chatham-Siler megasite, and the currently available small roads connecting the site to those interstates would have trouble handling significant semi traffic.

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to happen. From what I’ve been reading, Russia is quite content reducing Ukraine to rubble. At this point, a long protracted war is more likely. Of course, things can change in a heartbeat (some people’s anyways).
It's certainly working out financially. So long as they keep bombing and running their soldiers into cannon fire, oil prices should remain elevated.

Something really needs to be done about this glaring incentive for oil countries to create chaos and make money.

A Tesla is so easy to sell now. My UPS driver stopped to ask questions for 15 min solid. He was quite clear in describing how what he heard must not be real, otherwise "Why are Tesla's still selling like crazy?" The street is getting wiser by the day. His biggest concern, range of course. People sure do value their time quite high. I've always enjoyed my charging on a trip. It's freakin' classy, smell the coffee! But just in case, 4680.

I get strangers asking me about my Model Y on a regular basis, pretty much weekly, it's quite the conversation starter! People are very curious, and I've noticed that most people are not very up to date or well informed about EV's either.

The way I see it, every stranger I impress with my MY is a potential Tesla customer, and that's good for our stocks! :cool:

One thing I don't understand. GM and Ford have over a century of experience managing supply chains, yet vehicle production is (reportedly) down due to component shortages. Tesla has a few years of managing supply chains-yet their deliveries are up 70-90% YoY (depending on quarter) at the same time. Why are these experienced, "veteran" companies not able to manage supply chains as efficiently as the inexperienced "new kid on the block"?

Because F/GM were "day trading" their semi-conductor orders in 2020, while Tesla was "HODL'ing" their orders. Suppliers moved on, Tesla moved up. ;)

It's certainly working out financially. So long as they keep bombing and running their soldiers into cannon fire, oil prices should remain elevated.

Something really needs to be done about this glaring incentive for oil countries to create chaos and make money.

Yes, well had Germany listened to our former President and found alternate sources of energy, Russia wouldn't be receiving about $1B/y day (edit) in oil and gas revenues. Better late than never, however. It sounds like Germany and the EU are looking to stop importing Russian energy within 6 months. Meanwhile NATO is doing all it can to deplete Russia's ability to continue making war without provoking a nuclear reaction. Very tricky tightrope NATO is walking. Unfortunately Ukraine is paying the highest price, but I honestly don't know what else NATO could be doing. I am also impressed that most of the rest of the world came together and not only imposed sanctions, but are also pulling out of Russia. Without the foreign oil services companies working in Russia, it won't take too long before their production capacity starts to crumble.

Last edited:
So sorry to be a pill here, but you’re off by a factor of about 365: it’s not “$1B/y in oil and gas revenue.”

It is much closer to $1B PER DAY:

FYI: this is why we need to convince all of our friends, family, workmates, and the others in our lives, that if they are not part of the solution, THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. They need to be in EV’s, now.

For more details, please watch, “The Power of Big Oil” documentary on pbs.org/frontline.

The facts of the decades-long planned destruction of the planet for short-term fossil fuel industry profits will blow your mind….

Yes, well had Germany listened to our former President and found alternate sources of energy, Russia wouldn't be receiving about $1B/y in oil and gas revenues. Better late than never, however. It sounds like Germany and the EU are looking to stop importing Russian energy within 6 months. Meanwhile NATO is doing all it can to deplete Russia's ability to continue making war without provoking a nuclear reaction. Very tricky tightrope NATO is walking. Unfortunately Ukraine is paying the highest price, but I honestly don't know what else NATO could be doing. I am also impressed that most of the rest of the world came together and not only imposed sanctions, but are also pulling out of Russia. Without the foreign oil services companies working in Russia, it won't take too long before their production capacity starts to crumble

OT: Stanford starting an entire climate school

John Doerr, one of the most successful venture capitalists in the history of Silicon Valley, is giving $1.1 billion to Stanford University to fund a school focused on climate change and sustainability.

The gift, which Mr. Doerr is making with his wife Ann, is the largest ever to a university for the establishment of a new school, and is the second largest gift to an academic institution, according to the Chronicle of Higher Education. Only Michael R. Bloomberg’s 2018 donation of $1.8 billion to his alma mater, Johns Hopkins University, ranks higher.

The gift establishes the Doerrs as leading funders of climate change research and scholarship, and will place Stanford at the center of public and private efforts to wean the world off fossil fuels.

“Climate and sustainability is going to be the new computer science,” Mr. Doerr, who made his estimated $11.3 billion fortune investing in technology companies such as Slack, Google and Amazon, said in an interview. “This is what the young people want to work on with their lives, for all the right reasons.”

Hey guys, do you need a Dean?

I've got a PhD and am a experienced TSLA investor.

6ey8hx.jpg