Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last 2-3 weeks Elon has singlehandedly (i suspect more going on behind the scenes, but i digress) captured the attention of the entire world. He is shining the light on the darkness. He is exposing and will continue to expose the invisible enemy. It hasn't been hard to connect the dots if you have been really been paying attention and not blinded by the corporate media or a specific ideology. All the normies now get to see the reaction of those who do not have our best interests at heart and are desperately trying to control the narrative. More people wake up.

Courage is an understatement. Thank you Elon.

What a time to be alive.

I'll tell you what. I propose that you don't tell Elon which projects he undertakes in his spare time are a waste of his time, and he won't tell you how you should most productively spend your spare time and which projects you work on are most worthy of your spare time.
This is still a discussion board where people can express their thoughts. That doesn't mean blind devotion to anther flawed human being.
I don’t know about that. I think you’ve bought the story that because of his Aspergers, he’s socially inept.
We've seen him be socially inept many times before he mentioned Aspergers. Yes he can inspire but he can also violently put his foot in his mouth.

This is still a discussion board where people can express their thoughts. That doesn't mean blind devotion to anther flawed human being.

We've seen him be socially inept many times before he mentioned Aspergers. Yes he can inspire but he can also violently put his foot in his mouth.

I think you still have a chance. This is just advice because I don't want to see you become the 4-6 percent that will be lost forever. You should open your mind and consider almost all of the narratives you have swirling and implanted into your head are categorically false. It isn't the most pleasant realization but the sooner the better. The flow of information is going to change in the near future because there is nothing that can stop the truth. So better off getting your head straight now because it is going to be quite the shocker for those who are sleeping.

If you think Elon bought twitter bc of some whim you really need to assess your logical thinking skills. So maybe start there first and work backwards.

Again, just advice...take it or leave it but don't say you weren't warned ahead of time. Just trying to save you a trip to the looney bin.

Peace.

Food for thought...we are actually at a higher SP now than where it opened on Monday:

View attachment 800892

$857.70 (7 min after ur post) :p

TSLA.2022-05-05.15-28.Lo.png

Reactions: StealthP3D
I think you guys are missing the point here. Musk wouldn’t be running most of these projects on a day-to-day basis regardless. He doesn’t have enough bandwidth to be engaged daily in: Dojo, Optimus, Cybertruck, Raptor engine design, 4680 production ramp, the Tesla Semi, Starship production, The chopstick landing system, Heat shields, Lithium mining

Elon recently said that currently he spends most of his time on FSD and Raptor2 development.

You don't have to have blind devotion to understand that the CEO of Tesla can chose to spend his free time as he sees fit. Shareholders don't own every minute of Elon's life. He's an adult and knows what he has time for and what he doesn't.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you and you are really saying you think that Elon is slacking off and doesn't work hard enough or long enough to create value for TSLA shareholders. If that's your belief, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Musk has established himself on Twitter. It is a public place where nearly anyone can approach him. His “Hangout” if you will. He is comfortable there and sometimes says things which are embarrassing or awkward.

People watch his Twitter feed because it’s amusing and things happen there. It is not a stupid corporate mouthpiece account which is what many think it should be. It is him… hanging out in the public square with millions of people watching. Because he’s interesting and fun to watch.

His candid discourse and engagement in the platform means crazy things happen like the leaders of *multiple countries* publicly asking him for help and him equally publicly agreeing. Nobody does this sort of thing with Bezos. The value of this to Tesla, SpaceX, and society as a whole is huge.

Yeah… I think a lot of us cringe when he gets a little crazy. I also think if he was the sort of reserved person you want him to be that nobody would care about his media feeds.

After llooking at the results of Lucid, I noticed the Cost of revenue being very high. I checked Rivian and found something similar. I know they sold few cars, but still, not sure it should impact that much.

I went back in 2011-2012 for Tesla and Revenue was always higher than COGS. even with 32M of sales.

I know it's very early for Rivain and Lucid, but it should be interesting to track in the next quarters.

I haven't seen any numbers for OEMs for their EV divisions. I only found Polestar but it's still predictions.

1651794092171.png

RIVIAN
1651794855856.png

Polestar
1651795497940.png

1651794721718.png

Yeah… I think a lot of us cringe when he gets a little crazy. I also think if he was the sort of reserved person you want him to be that nobody would care about his media feeds.
I don't expect or want him to be reserved, though I wouldn't mind a touch of common sense at times. I just don't think being popular on the platform makes one qualified to run it.

After llooking at the results of Lucid, I noticed the Cost of revenue being very high. I checked Rivian and found something similar. I know they sold few cars, but still, not sure it should impact that much.

I went back in 2011-2012 for Tesla and Revenue was always higher than COGS. even with 32M of sales.

I know it's very early for Rivain and Lucid, but it should be interesting to track in the next quarters.

I haven't seen any numbers for OEMs for their EV divisions. I only found Polestar but it's still predictions.

View attachment 800990

RIVIAN
View attachment 800998

Polestar
View attachment 801007

View attachment 800997
Yikes. What the heck is Lucid doing? We know Rivian is going to be upside down, by hopefully only a manageable amount since they opted to sell the first 55,000 vehicles at a loss to protect their brand, but this loss for Lucid is pretty stunning.

And thanks for digging up 2011 figures for Tesla! I’m impressed!

I don't expect or want him to be reserved, though I wouldn't mind a touch of common sense at times. I just don't think being popular on the platform makes one qualified to run it.

Sorry, but is this a joke? I don't want to be too insensitive, but this is TWITTER. Elon is literally a rocket scientist, that lead the push to build the first re-usable rocket. He's mainstreamed EVs AND made them cool.

Sorry, but social media renovation will require less than 1% of this guy's brain power for a few months. I would bet he's already gotten the bulk of it figured out. People here fret about bots and hate speech, but I would bet ALL my TSLA shares that he's already got a great plan for that. Remember, he's the smartest guy in EVERY room that he's in.

If this is what you have to worry about, you are in a fantastic place in life.

Yikes. What the heck is Lucid doing? We know Rivian is going to be upside down, by hopefully only a manageable amount since they opted to sell the first 55,000 vehicles at a loss to protect their brand, but this loss for Lucid is pretty stunning.

And thanks for digging up 2011 figures for Tesla! I’m impressed!

I think it's pretty simple that Lucid and Rivian are at roughly the spot Tesla was around 2016-2018 when trying to efficiently reach mass production on the Model 3 and suffering badly thru the process. Only worse.

This means they're likely to gradually gain competence at high scale and efficiency.... over the next few years. Meanwhile Tesla is 4 years ahead of that.

Doom and gloom today. Here is some perspective to counter those who believe this to be Tesla specific.

S&P500 top 5 as of 4pm close today
#1 AAPL shaved $118B off their market cap.
#2 MSFT shaved $96B
#3 GOOG shaved $77B
#4 AMZN shaved $96B
#5 TSLA shaved $82B.
So taking todays action alone, Tesla has drawn $14B closer to the #2 and #4 spots, and $36B closer to the #1 spot, all the while TSLA was down 8.33%. Not that I want to see another day like today anytime soon, just saying, trying to stay positive.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty simple that Lucid and Rivian are at roughly the spot Tesla was around 2012-2013 when trying to efficiently reach mass production on the Model S and suffering badly thru the process. Only much much worse.

This means they're likely to gradually gain competence at high scale and efficiency.... over the next several years. Meanwhile Tesla is 10 years ahead of that.
FIFY

Doom and gloom today. Here is some perspective to counter those who believe this to be Tesla specific.

S&P500 top 5 as of 4pm close today
#1 AAPL shaved $118B off their market cap.
#2 MSFT shaved $96B
#3 GOOG shaved $77B
#4 AMZN shaved $96B
#5 TSLA shaved $82B.
So taking todays action alone, Tesla has drawn $14B closer to the #2 and #4 spots, and $36B closer to the #1 spot, all the while TSLA was down 8.33%. Not that I want to see another day like today anytime soon, just saying, trying to stay think positive.

Let me try to see if I think positive:

I’m thinking if I was trying to move a lot of funds around and reallocate, I’d definitely sell all top 5-10 and slowly reallocate in the one that has the growth to be the new #1/grows faster than the rest, from said top 5-10.

Positive thinking or wishful thinking is the same, right? 😋