Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully Getting Back to Normal Soon

1652014203894.png

1652014234017.png

Last edited:
OT: I'm always interested in discovering and investing in the "next" Elon. Take a look at this guy.

Tim Ellis, CEO of Relativity Space. Makes 3D printed rockets. He sounds and acts like Elon in a lot of ways. Same philosophy. And he's only 31. Unfortunately it's not a public company. Yet.

Nice article posted yesterday. Definitely watch the video - he talks about Elon towards the end.

Background video from Aug 2021.

Meanwhile, over in Bizarro World there’s an almost completely positive Tesla article in the UK’s Daily Telegraph.

Should you join the Tesla club? Nine things to know before you buy the premium electric car​

They even ‘explain’ that reliability problems rarely are car stoppers, which is praise indeed from that lot.

On the same front page Elon’s Twitter deal is received positively, albeit as seen through an ‘anti-woke’ lens:

Elon Musk is assembling a super-coalition that can triumph over woke capitalism​

Last March when SPY pulled back to 410, TSLA was 600.

Last time SPY was at 410 on the news of Russia invading Ukraine, TSLA got sold all the way down to 700.

Last FOMC in March, TSLA and SPY were at 865 and 435, respectively.

As of Friday close, TSLA was still 865 at SPY 410.

In other words, on both a longer and a shorter timeframe, TSLA is performing increasingly better than the broader market. This is despite our Glorious Cult Leader selling 26M shares in a hurry. The market is now rational again. This downturn is righteous and neccessary to punish all the stupid money flocking into scam SPAC and IPO names during the last 2 years. Unfortunately, I dont think we are at the bottom yet. When I see LCID and RIVN still trading at $30b market cap and AMZN still valued at 48 PE, I want more bloodshed. I want the market to only go up when it is ready, without all the garbage. In the meantime, it has spoken and declared TSLA a clear winner in the next bull market. I dont get how there could be so much bickering here in light of all this. Most of you have been in this for much longer than I have. You are supposed to be my mentors. Pull yourself together.

Last edited:
In the meantime, it has spoken and declared TSLA a clear winner in the next bull market. I dont get how there could be so much bickering here in light of all this. Most of you have been in this for much longer than I have. You are supposed to be my mentors. Pull yourself together.

What you call "bickering" I think could more aptly be referred to as "fear-mongering". People are trying to cast doubts on Tesla and Elon's ability to perform. But they don't have any real ammunition, so they simply make claims about Elon Musk's limits and inability to effectively multi-task, and state them as if they are a fact. The most vocal of these people are not people who have been your mentor, they are either newcomers or people who have been hiding in obscurity waiting for TSLA share price to be weak so they come out with all negativity guns blazing in the hope they might sound credible enough to newbie shareholders to shake some more shares loose without causing the price to take off.

This is a time of accumulation of TSLA shares by the ones who have been shouting negativity the loudest. They are on a mission to shake shares loose so their employers can accumulate as much as possible without causing a bull run. It looks to me like the supply of TSLA shares is rather tight and the negative forces are working overtime to allow more accumulation at favorable prices. They know that strongly rising prices will actually tighten supply more. They need shares for two reasons:

1) To create the next TSLA downdraft without costing themselves a penny.
2) To position their books so the next split doesn't cause the kind of hemorrhaging they experienced during the first TSLA split.

It's not "bickering", it's a very transparent disinformation and fear-mongering campaign. They will grasp at anything that seems like it will give them the most traction and right now that happens to be the Twitter acquisition. The idea that TSLA will under-perform because Elon is so distracted with Twitter fluff. Yes, it's silly but human nature is to be fearful of losing money. They know what works, at least on those with the weakest conviction.

Remember, not all TMC accounts are owned by honest people who are who they say they are.

28k or so.
I think it is closer to 31k. This article shows Tesla owns 48k bitcoins with a total investment of $1.5B pulled from this site which tracks bitcoin investments by company.

PSA, Lex gives a great interview of the CEO of Microstrategy (top company holding bitcoin) and they talk about many things as well as Tesla and bitcoin.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and wtlloyd
Today's reminder why we're all here:

The Earth has only warmed about 1.5C so far.... When we get to 2-3C around 2030, things are going to start getting really bad and we haven't even begun to actually cut our global carbon emissions yet.

Seems pretty high for a starting bid on an incomplete factory siezed by the government.
A lot of details are needed to judge the factory by it's price. It's about 2.5mil squareft on a 6.8m squareft worth of land. This is about 30% smaller than the original giga shanghai plot of land. But given the amount of time it saves with the whole supply chain shortage thing in construction material and expense, it might be worth it. It's up to Tesla to decide

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton