Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's impact report made me very happy. The fact that 1000 kw of used batteries 921 kw is recovered and cheaper than mining and procurement of new materials. This fits perfectly with Tesla's sustainable mission expanding factories as recycling centers. This is huge IMHO. To get a chance to buy TSLA at these levels is awesome but now I just HODL and any extra cash goes into TSLA. What a great way to start a week.

revenge-img-only.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-180601.png

I'm assuming this is FUD but posting it for native speakers who may know more:

Yahoo finance has it as well:

A key quote: "Workers at Quanta Shanghai Manufacturing City were filmed". So it doesn't sound like where Tesla operates, but who knows. It also didn't look like anything that can be seen at GigaShanghai either. I think they're guessing/exploiting both Apple and Tesla for clicks.

Yahoo finance has it as well:

A key quote: "Workers at Quanta Shanghai Manufacturing City were filmed". So it doesn't sound like where Tesla operates, but who knows. It also didn't look like anything that can be seen at GigaShanghai either. I think they're guessing/exploiting both Apple and Tesla for clicks.
This headline is probably more accurate:

It is at a supplier for Apple and Tesla...

I'm interested to hear what you think the upper limit is for Tesla and what the primary limiting factor is? Not the limit on how fast EV's can ramp but the upper limit to Tesla's ultimate market share and why you think that is the upper limit. I'm also not asking for a prediction of what will actually happen, only what you think the ultimate limit is and why.
I do not know, way above my abilities, I do know no tree grows to the sky but Tesla is a Coast Redwood and I will continue to hold, trade leaps and accumulate shares.
I truly value your opinion, read all your posts and would be very interested to your response to the question(s).
Thanks...

I guess I am not retiring this year 😢
Look on the bright side. Imagine if you had retired late 2021 expecting SP to remain well north of 1k. You would feel even worse.
Activated carbon (charcoal) for poisoning?
When my kid had to take charcoal, they did hide it in chocolate milk IIRC. But I assume this is just a "a cigar is sometimes just a cigar" thing.

The spectroscopy shows you that your scrap wheels are full of iron and zinc. How exactly does spectroscopy remove these impurities? It doesn't; you have to go through non-trivial processing cycles to do that. Tesla may have vertically integrated aluminum recycling if they deemed it advantageous but it's unclear to me if they actually do. Presumably re-melting a bad cast part doesn't require such heavy lifting as buying external scrap and processing it.
I was also intrigued by Tesla saying they recycle their aluminum wheels into their aluminum castings

I don’t believe Tesla has aluminum smelting capability at any of their factories.

Giga Austin had/has a contractor hauling away their scrap castings.

Jeff Roberts on Youtube followed one of the scrap casting loads to a metal recycling facility, not a smelter

Maybe Tesla does have smelting/testing capabilities onsite.

However, I think Tesla talked to one of their aluminum ingot suppliers and asked if they could truck the scrap castings directly back to them.

The supplier said “yes,”

then Tesla asked if they could truck their scrap aluminum wheels there as well.

The supplier said “yes, we take aluminum wheels from anyone/anywhere all the time”

So maybe, one of the four Tesla auto factories is located near their raw casting aluminum supplier, and
it makes sense to take the scrap aluminum from castings and wheels directly there.

(It could be worthwhile to search for aluminum smelters close to Tesla factories, but I’m not gonna do it)

I have lost track of how many "single biggest reason institutions are underweight TSLA" Gary Black has given in the last year. But today he thinks it's succession planning :rolleyes:
If there's one thing you can bank on...............it's Gary coming up with every possible excuse under the sun about why Wall St doesn't value TSLA correctly instead of the real reason.........Wall St manipulation.

Which is:

- Analysts giving laughably low EPS estimates for the near and far future
- Credit agencies refusing to give Tesla investment grade
- Naking shorting and using large put positions to keep constant selling pressure on the stock

I've lost all respect for Gary over the past year. Yes he knows his numbers and can do actual smart evaluation on companies and their stocks. But he refused to acknowledge how rigged Wall St is.

If there's one thing you can bank on...............it's Gary coming up with every possible excuse under the sun about why Wall St doesn't value TSLA correctly instead of the real reason.........Wall St manipulation.

Which is:

- Analysts giving laughably low EPS estimates for the near and far future
- Credit agencies refusing to give Tesla investment grade
- Naking shorting and using large put positions to keep constant selling pressure on the stock

I've lost all respect for Gary over the past year. Yes he knows his numbers and can do actual smart evaluation on companies and their stocks. But he refused to acknowledge how rigged Wall St is.
I argue that if all you do is complain about how rigged wall street is, you actually lose credibility as a fund manager. That's kind of a cop out reasoning with zero fundamental basis.

Everyone here knows and expect Tsla to be cut in half if Elon dies suddenly. This is what happens when Tesla relies on Elon to advertise and to have such high influence in the company. Is there anything Tesla can do about this? Probably not because Elon is the current generation rockstar that's unreplaceable.

I argue that if all you do is complain about how rigged wall street is, you actually lose credibility as a fund manager. That's kind of a cop out reasoning with zero fundamental basis.

Everyone here knows and expect Tsla to be cut in half if Elon dies suddenly. This is what happens when Tesla relies on Elon to advertise and to have such high influence in the company. Is there anything Tesla can do about this? Probably not because Elon is the current generation rockstar that's unreplaceable.
Definitely not saying someone should blame every downturn or selling pressure of TSLA as manipulation.

But throughout the past year and a half, Gary has never once acknowledged that there's forced that have either applied additional selling pressure or capped rallies in the share price. He makes excuses every single time, sometimes the excuses are so silly that they make him look like an amateur......instead of just saying the stock is being heavily influenced by options (MM's) and/or through mechanisms such as spoofing.