Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rivian’s enterprise value (market cap + bond debt - cash) is approaching zero…
It's the lowest enterprise value on the spreadsheet of all 25 auto manufacturers it's the least valuable now.

And before someone tells me again that market cap isn't enterprise value I have two things to say

* Scroll right in the spreadsheet to see enterprise value
* Just because its sorted by market cap doesn't mean it only mentions market cap.

Rivian is 19th by market cap and 25th by enterprise value.

Last edited:
Just a little spreadsheet exercise, projecting growth and then applying a market cap equal to 15x 5y future earnings:
96069230-D9E3-40E9-8933-DB3369C8FCC3.jpeg

Elon on FT LIVE just now:

Audience question: (along the lines of) Any chance the Cybertruck will be beaten by the competition?

Elon: No.

And Elon adds: we have +3 years worth of reservations for Cybertruck, starting from the start of production.
Only 3 years?

Considering most estimates suggest 1m+ Reservations, and Musk’s estimate of 250k production rate you would think he would say “4+ years” here.

~ 100k first year
~ 350k after year 2
~ 600k year 3
~ 850k year 4

Hoping that is a hint that his production estimates are sandbagging a bit. Even if you go with 300k/ year it’s still well into year 4 before you hit a million shipped.

Reactions: FireMedic
I bought it because of the long term fundamentals.
Chasing 'cheap wins' on social media is not a long term strategy for investment.
These lidar/map based competitors are VERY good at winning over fund managers. Thats their goal, so they can juice the stock price, and retire in a year or two on a phat bonus. They care not one bit about the long term. I'm glad tesla is not run like that.
To add to this, if Tesla were run like that, it would be actively negative for the long-term fundamentals.

This kind of behavior is so bad for organizational effectiveness, yet it is the norm for most companies due to the worse aspects of human social psychology. It reflects poor leadership focus and ethics that percolates throughout the whole organization and leaves employees and lower tier managers to focus on ass-kissing, ass-covering, and politics instead making logical choices to win the long game as a team.

I think Elon saying “If you don’t like volatility, then sell our stock and don’t buy it” signaled far more than it seemed. He was saying they do not care whatsoever about cashing out quick because that comes with a steep opportunity cost of time and effort that could’ve been spent on the long term.

Does FT have sponsors in the hydrogen industry? My stream just went out as Elon was tearing apart the idea of using hydrogen. hahahaha
The moderator certainly threw a lot of what he perceived to be tough questions at Elon (China, Twitter, Trump, gasp... succession planning) and Elon answered every one perfectly.

My favorite was his answer to how long he will remain at Tesla... "As long as I'm useful."

The moderator certainly threw a lot of what he perceived to be tough questions at Elon (China, Twitter, Trump, gasp... succession planning) and Elon answered every one perfectly.

My favorite was his answer to how long he will remain at Tesla... "As long as I'm useful."
I lol'd when the mod put forth misinfo about LFP not being as recyclable and was corrected.