Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This video seems relevant for Tesla bot. Once control is solved(easy) and perception is solved(FSD is doing this) what you end up with is a vector space game and some human interface. Which this seems to almost solve already:

Give it two more years, more data, more compute and Tesla bot should be a done deal!
I absolutely agree that this is huge. FSD is doing this as you note and if you haven't seen DALL·E 2 yet, it is shocking.

Pay particular attention to the scene in the museum where placing the corgi in different areas. Dalle2 knows to mimic the style of the painting or to place the corgi behind or on top of the bench in a photorealistic style. There is a good discussion elsewhere about the limitations it has, but the understanding of style and context implied by the outputs is mind-bending.

Perception
Planning
Control

Where is the bottleneck? Those choke points are getting ever wider.

Interesting take on ARK on that twitter thread last page. I guess with all the money that was flowing into her fund, she had to direct it somewhere other than Tesla due to her limits (maybe should have raised the limit). But she might have been better off even buying more stable ones like NVDA. Once it started going south, rather than trim her bad buys, she doubled down. Maybe she thought she will DCA. I guess goes to show how high flying active funds usually return back to earth.

Gas prices are rising again I am sure a lot of existing pickup truck owners will be very keen on a cybertruck with that towing and payload capacity. Hopefully Tesla can keep the price of the cyber truck stable.
Given the hard “No” he gave when asked if he was worried about the Cybertruck losing market share after the delay, I suspect they are coming out guns blazing.

OT, but had to post these pics as I noticed this massive expansion at the Harris Ranch supercharger
BAA38F0A-CF74-4EEB-84DE-A3BA3CE4A869.jpeg

D27B5DE5-6686-4CBE-AC5E-6185B52135F8.jpeg

I've been debating doing the same. I bought a bunch of different ARK for my mom after my father passed away suddenly 15 months ago. I thought I would be safe and put some of her money in funds managed by an expert. They are all down 60%. Can't decide if I continue to hold them or cut the losses and put all the money into TSLA now....
Same boat here, I've got ARKK and ARKG, both down 60%. Sold some when it was only down 20% or so and bought more TSLA. Not sure now I want to sell the rest and lock in these losses.

Yeah I agree. I think we see a core of .3% (though I don't think .2% is out of the question either) vs the .4% expected and that sets off a rally. Coming in at or above .5% though would raise the potential of a 75 bps raise dramatically and Mester's statement is pretty much confirmation of that idea.

The following technical analyst agrees that tomorrow's CPI report will be a big turning point for the market. He cites many indicators suggesting the direction will be up, but of course he can't guarantee that.

If the market drops and you need cheering up, Lars describes some reasons why Tesla's factories are far ahead of competition. One rumor I hadn't heard before:

"Someone like Joe Justice even thinks Tesla's [Texas] factory could potentially become a 10-million vehicle production facility down the road when Tesla gets to utilize all the cubic volume of the factory." (15:55)​

Very hard to take a decisive action right now......at least for myself since I'm debating on using margin soon to take advantage of these prices.

On one hand

I think inflation has peaked and the data on Wed will show that. And the data next month for May's CPI/PPI I think will paint a very clear picture about just how much of the inflation was in fact transitory.
I don't. Gas and diesel just hit all-time highs in the last few days. This will impact the price on virtually everything. Shipping costs, production costs, raw material costs are all impacted by diesel. IMO we can expect one more good spike in inflation numbers, before hopefully seeing some degree of pullback.

Reactions: navguy12
I had a CT reservation until I saw it in person. Damn what am I going to do with a 6' bed, carry an extra gallon of milk? Buy a costco membership? Thing's a beast.
Has anyone thrown a tape measure on the bed? I thought it was 6.5'. Hope the come out with an 8' version for people that actually use a truck for work. WIth the short front end, they can build an 8' bed version and probably have a shorter OAL than a conventional pickup with a 6.5' one.

WOW! (that's 100 chargers!!! link) I'm old enough to remember what this was back in the day...anyone else?

View attachment 802745

I'm sure someone will guess it, but I have another pic!

Back in 2009 or 2010, a friend of mine, who is an early Tesla employee, and I stopped at Harris Ranch for lunch on a trip to Los Angeles. While there, we explored and found the Tesla Roadster charging station. The site has changed a lot since then!

Has anyone thrown a tape measure on the bed? I thought it was 6.5'. Hope the come out with an 8' version for people that actually use a truck for work. WIth the short front end, they can build an 8' bed version and probably have a shorter OAL than a conventional pickup with a 6.5' one.
The vast majority of US pickups are sold with a 6.5’ bed, including work trucks. Dodge Ram no longer even has an 8’ bed option at all on the new models!

Last edited:
Back in 2009 or 2010, a friend of mine, who is an early Tesla employee, and I stopped at Harris Ranch for lunch on a trip to Los Angeles. While there, we explored and found the Tesla Roadster charging station. The site has changed a lot since then!
At the gas station/Subway, I used it several times.

Reactions: RobsJester and wws