Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of accounting and the labor force (to understand overall market trends), I found this article insightful:

I plan to buy one, drive it around for a spring/summer, then sell it to a coke dealer in the late fall for more than I paid.
Elon?

1652282530312.png

No way a M.D. has a safety score of 99.
I keep having to drive my old Jeep when I know I will be driving anywhere that would cause my Safety score to go down (because of stopping at traffic lights that turn red when you are getting close and force you to use the brake pedal, for example).

Wrong.

TL;DR

GDP includes net exports, of which imports are a part, but that term ends up getting canceled out in the overall calculation.
  • GDP = Domestically produced consumption + Imported consumption + Domestically produced investment + Imported investment + Government spending on domestically produced stuff + Government spending on imported stuff + Exports - Imports

You mean..... everybody?

All this yapping about 200 villagers. They can keep using 50 Corollas to make this mythical commute. Perfectly fine solution.

Meanwhile, the 80% of the problem will be solved in urban and large rural areas.

Wow. You do realize people actually live in rural communities. And that they have jobs and commute? Just because you may personally not be in that position does not extrapolate to the entire planet. Sensible investors welcome multiple viewpoints as to the market potential of a product.
And you seem to be suggesting that making cars for 20% of the TAM is 'beneath' tesla? I would like to think the company is more open minded.

Wow. You do realize people actually live in rural communities. And that they have jobs and commute? Just because you may personally not be in that position does not extrapolate to the entire planet. Sensible investors welcome multiple viewpoints as to the market potential of a product.
And you seem to be suggesting that making cars for 20% of the TAM is 'beneath' tesla? I would like to think the company is more open minded.
:rolleyes: I'm saying you don't have to solve the comute of the 20% of the world most far flung.

If the initial robotaxi solutions don't meet their needs, that doesn't mean they have to walk to work carrying a crucifix. They can just keep driving their Corolla for a bit. Nothing changes.

:rolleyes: I'm saying you don't have to solve the comute of the 20% of the world most far flung.

If the initial robotaxi solutions don't meet their needs, that doesn't mean they have to walk to work carrying a crucifix. They can just keep driving their Corolla for a bit. Nothing changes.
Very much suspect rural areas will be “stuck” on personal vehicles. Another (semi self imposed) burden on the rural poor.

Imagine for a second a rural town with 10 robo-taxis and it’s graduation night at the local high school. You’ve got 1000+ parents and family members there and 10 robo-taxis to get them too/ from the event. Just doesn’t work.

It’s a problem with larger venues in general. Perhaps that’s where hyperloops come in.

And I would like to think that people can be logical, reasonable and brimming with common sense -

Tesla will do what it can, but first it’ll go after the majority. Sorry, that’s just how it goes. Go take your argument up with all the other OEMs sitting on their laurels doing what’s best for their executive golden parachutes rather than what’s right and proper for all of us.

If Tesla wants to sell 20 million cars a year they better have something smaller than the current line-up. How many cars model 3 size or larger are sold out of the 80 million or so world market each year?
🤦

You and many others just aren’t getting it. The world is going to be a very different place.

Whats all this crucifix nonsense. I'm just saying there is a market segment there tesla can sell to, but I see that its heresy to even say that here. Ok, whatever.
And BTW 'the worlds most far flung'? seriously? Everyone in a rural community is 'far flung'? Talk about being stuck in an echo chamber.