Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might be more useful to calculate this based on median household income. The variation in inequality means things are very heavily distorted there. For example, no way is the model 3 twice as expensive, even in relative terms, in the UK compared to the US. (US GDP per capita might be skewed high due to a lot of billionaires for example).

The best measure is median income net of taxes and benefits. Median US income is still a lot higher than Europe, and the gap has been growing, and on top of that Model 3s are also cheaper here.

The US economy really has been leaving Europe in the dust in recent years.

The best measure is median income net of taxes and benefits. Median US income is still a lot higher than Europe, and the gap has been growing, and on top of that Model 3s are also cheaper here.

Why do you think I invest in US stocks only? ;)

Looks like some useful stats here: (Net income after taxes - US dollars PPP exchange rates)

Iceland: $47k
US: $46k
UK: $44k
Germany: $43k
Ireland: $43k
France: $37k
Italy: $31k

Population of UK, Ireland is 73 million. France is another 67 million.

Maybe it makes sense to have UK for a new tesla factory, supplying UK, Ireland and France (the channel tunnel gives a direct link, or the ferry distance is trivial).
Berlin factory could handle Germany and all of east/southern Europe.

As the cost of production of the model 3/y comes down, i assume delivery cost as a percentage of total cost will rise, so there will be more pressure to get shorter delivery routes to the customer. There is a lot of demand here for the 3/Y in the UK< but it would be even higher if the price came down a bit...

Reactions: H Mak and 15Peter20
Maybe it makes sense to have UK for a new tesla factory, supplying UK, Ireland and France (the channel tunnel gives a direct link, or the ferry distance is trivial).
Berlin factory could handle Germany and all of east/southern Europe.

As the cost of production of the model 3/y comes down, i assume delivery cost as a percentage of total cost will rise, so there will be more pressure to get shorter delivery routes to the customer. There is a lot of demand here for the 3/Y in the UK< but it would be even higher if the price came down a bit...
UK Gigafactory ain't gonna happen. Mainly because of Brexit. Better to have the GF's inside the EU.

If he is trying to lower the price or back out completely (without paying the 1B fine) based on the bot ratio, he has to state he is still committed.
If the purchase price is dependent on their being 5% or less scam/bot accounts, then I have suspicion that it does not go thru. My recent AI experience suggests that it is closer to 10 to 20% based on the accounts/traffic I see. When I was on XBOX Live we banned up to 10% of accounts weekly **JUST** for cheating back in 2012 (using this as a data point for improper activity on a major service). 5% is a way low ball number IMO.

Does this subtract out of US income things like health insurance and out of pocket healthcare costs? In the US that isnt paid via taxes.

Becky said she didn't think it would be Tesla, to which Jonas said, who then? Her reply, ExxonMobil, Shell, etc. LOL!

Not an AJ fan but his question was germane to his thesis. He had a prop (sign) which was a bit off the point but still focused on innovation as a national interest.

I agree strongly that there is a national interest in innovation. He is gently connecting national security that may be in conflict with the normal operation of a free market business operating globally. Wacky argument but not completely off base.

I would be more focused on AI which is expanding in strategic importance vs energy needs which thematically is falling do to advancing efficiency and falling populations.

I don't know where Tesla ends up on P/D numbers this quarter, but I bet there won't be an end-of-quarter push. I think, to the extent supplies allow, there will be an entire second half of the quarter push, with Elon's internal goal being getting production as close to Q1 as possible. This will be unexpected by everyone except TMC members and the Twitter bots that follow us. So if they get even close to that, watch out and giddy up. (please get close...)

Last edited:
Congrats to the brave ones this week.
Meanwhile, these XXXX shares in my closet are also pretty darn happy.

I wasn’t even brave during max fear. I set these laddered buy orders 2-3 months ago when we sky rocketed from 780 to 1150 in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Just left then there and they finally did the job. We never know

I wasn’t even brave during max fear. I set these laddered buy orders 2-3 months ago when we sky rocketed from 780 to 1150 in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Just left then there and they finally did the job. We never know
I haven't learned from history, I hope it's condemned to repeat itself.