Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A heartfelt thankyou to TMC Posters with their calm and calculated posts, who helped prevent me from doing something thought to be unimaginable only a few weeks ago, and allowed me to keep my eye on the ball, the Mission and our bright future.

My weekend contribution:
Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 9.19.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not sure if this had been posted (I had been away on the first international trip since the you-know-what):

FSD is the easiest to achieve in the USA (and perhaps EU) when in the rest of the world people drive in between lanes and motorcycles weaving in and out between cars.
Boy, that article paints a different picture than the actual results where Tesla did significantly better than the others (surprise, I know). If anyone cares, here's the real summary:

Here is a link worth saving and sharing IMO that so far includes 47 posts now that Johnna Crider of Clean Technica has included ventilators among the list of ‘Good’ worth noting that Elon has done outside of Tesla and SpaceX ($100M for fighting Carbon removal, Flint MI water crisis funding, $50M donation to St Jude research above and beyond the $243M donation from Inspiration4 mission, etc,). Hoping a few folks here can help her grow this list to help fight FUD:

@Paracelsus thanks for this information!

Short story long ~ yesterday, we had two custom cabinets installed. As the cabinet maker was leaving my wife popped off with, “as soon as TSLA goes back up, we will be ordering more cabinets.” He responded with the bait, “if Elon gave one of his billion to feed the poor and house the homeless, think how wonderful life would be.” Like a good lion, I put my arm around him knowing I had already had a good breakfast and he would not taste good for lunch. Besides, we need more cabinets.

This morning I suggested to my wife that we should never say anything about our our position in TSLA again; yesterday’s reaction was like telling Washingtonians we were from California a few years back:eek:

Bottom line: the FUD is very hard to take the high road when presented.

In this interview we—once again—see that Elon Musk is not an engineer and has zero technical understanding of his companies’ products and operations. He merely hires people with the billions he made from Apartheid blood emeralds and illegal stock pumping, and then takes all the credit for personal glory, in order that his out-of-control narcissistic ego may be tickled and that his unquenchable lust for power may be gratified.

If you turn up the volume, you can faintly hear the wailing and moaning from his miserable, overworked slaves laboring in the production bays; evidently he is so incompetent that he forgot to order all the overseers to cut back on the beatings while the interview was happening. Oops. I’m pretty sure at 23:50 in the video that I saw someone passed out from exhaustion behind one of the cranes.

Disappointingly, but perhaps not unexpectedly, it would appear that Mr. Musk paid Tim Dodd to provide a script with off-camera prompting for his lines to perpetuate the public image of his genius to further fuel the cult of personality, though I must admit that he demonstrated impressive acting skills.

The time, effort and money spent on staging this publicity stunt could’ve ended malnutrition worldwide. Really sad to see this much evil in one man. Despicable.

Last edited:
Boy, that article paints a different picture than the actual results where Tesla did significantly better than the others (surprise, I know). If anyone cares, here's the real summary:

The Reuters article is actually pretty accurate and neutral:

Gizmodo basically rewrote the Reuters article and turned it into a Tesla/Musk hit piece.

Saving you time: pages 19-21 from pdf listed above show both Subaru and Hyundai failed to recognize moving vehicle and brake while the Tesla M3 did - impact speeds 23 mph vs 2 mph approx.

TESLA.p20.of.35.jpg

TESLA.p21.of.35.jpg

Last edited:
The Reuters article is actually pretty accurate and neutral:

Gizmodo basically rewrote the Reuters article and turned it into a Tesla/Musk hit piece.
So, even the Reuters article does not link to the results of the testing.

Even, the actual AAA Newsroom (original post) does not link to the results of the testing. They do link to past testing and a full PDF report. This site apparently contains the latest report, but I can't find it. Maybe others have had better luck? EDIT: I think I see the link from someone else....I'm taking a look...

Without seeing the full report it is impossible to discern whether any article written is based in truth and/or understanding.

So, even the Reuters article does not link to the results of the testing.

Even, the actual AAA Newsroom (original post) does not link to the results of the testing. They do link to past testing and a full PDF report. This site apparently contains the latest report, but I can't find it. Maybe others have had better luck? EDIT: I think I see the link from someone else....I'm taking a look...

Without seeing the full report it is impossible to discern whether any article written is based in truth and/or understanding.
Indeed they certainly made it hard to find that pdf. I couldn't find it either, maybe @insaneoctane can tell us how he found it - see Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

I came across an interesting article about charging a 3 as part of a campaign in Aus to promote STEM . Anyways they printed flexible rolls using photovoltaic ink, making solar rolls that then charge the 3. There could be a serious market for these rolls.

There's nothing exotic about the production process either—the cells can be printed at 33 feet per minute—so the University of Newcastle team reckons the printed solar panels can be produced for roughly $0.66/square foot. That means the energy they produce costs a similar $0.62 per kilowatt-hour.

@insaneoctane - Thank you for finding the PDF! (not sure how you did it)

The TL;DR - Tesla continues to have the absolute safest Level 2 ADAS system in the world. This article goes a long way to demonstrate how deep the FUD can go. The conclusion is not dissimilar to saying a 5 star safety rated car tested with a 1 star rated car would have an average safety rating of 3 and thus both are poor...."on average" or in "aggregate".

Longer version...

AAA is drawing erroneous aggregated conclusions based on a very flawed premise. Tesla's system performed as designed, implemented and engineered to either avoid or greatly mitigate impact energy with another vehicle or VRU (Vulnerable Road User). AAA suspiciously leaves out that Tesla's system reacts very quickly to warn the driver with visual and auditory signals per system design and then takes over lateral and longitudinal controls when the driver has not reacted in a timely manner. Leaving this out of their report is disingenuous, dishonest and, at worst, fraudulent as Level 2 ADAS **ALWAYS** behaves with full liability to the driver and it's first and foremost goal is to warn the driver of an impending collision. Near immediate visual and auditory warning with eventual reduction of crash energy to ~2 MPH is a huge win for a Level 2 system.

Their conclusions are FUD masquerading as scientific findings. Notice how they add "on average" and "aggregate". They KNOW that the Tesla did NOT exhibit poor results and are vastly better, but instead, spin it to sound that way. The FUD continues and when you look up articles based on their "conclusions" they are all spun to elicit FUD.

Screenshot 2022-05-14 11.30.03 AM.png

So the ADAS system treated bikes the same way normal drivers do: ran them down.
Nope

Screenshot 2022-05-14 11.48.06 AM.png

Apr 2, 2013 · The SEC issued guidance in 2008 clarifying that websites can serve as an effective means for disseminating information to investors if ...

SEC Says Social Media OK for Company Announcements if ... www.sec.gov › news › press-release

You still need to file. Its just that it can be done very shortly after the public announcement.

The problem is that the SEC will be setting a precedent that any acquirer of any public company can now file way past the stated window. I expect Elon is facing another fine here but he is starting to show a pattern of ignoring security regulations. He had already needed to step down as Chairman of the BOD, he keeps this up and there is a risk that there will be other non-monetary actions.

Last edited:
I came across an interesting article about charging a 3 as part of a campaign in Aus to promote STEM . Anyways they printed flexible rolls using photovoltaic ink, making solar rolls that then charge the 3. There could be a serious market for these rolls.

Lol, you would need an entire Outback Summer to charge a Model 3 SR+ with those printed solar cells on its roof. Watt? 5% efficiency? Not pointed at the sun? So maybe 50 watts, 5 hrs per day? 200 days to charge? :p

Lol, you would need an entire Outback Summer to charge a Model 3 SR+ with those printed solar cells on its roof. Watt? 5% efficiency? Not pointed at the sun? So maybe 50 watts, 5 hrs per day? 200 days to charge? :p
Yea, efficiency is terribad, but it's cheap and easy to produce. It would be a great benefit to campers or those in high sun areas. I see it as a decent option for a failsafe given enough time and sun.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
@Paracelsus thanks for this information!

Short story long ~ yesterday, we had two custom cabinets installed. As the cabinet maker was leaving my wife popped off with, “as soon as TSLA goes back up, we will be ordering more cabinets.” He responded with the bait, “if Elon gave one of his billion to feed the poor and house the homeless, think how wonderful life would be.” Like a good lion, I put my arm around him knowing I had already had a good breakfast and he would not taste good for lunch. Besides, we need more cabinets.

This morning I suggested to my wife that we should never say anything about our our position in TSLA again; yesterday’s reaction was like telling Washingtonians we were from California a few years back:eek:

Bottom line: the FUD is very hard to take the high road when presented.

I wonder why they never say that about Chevron of Exxon mobile shares holders. The media really managed to depict Elon as a super villain hoarding all the money in the world for his own personal pleasures.

The backside story that he made all that money from Zip2, x.com that became PayPal sold to fund SpaceX then Tesla and his fortune is only from 20% TSLA stakes that went higher when investors put their money to buy shares of one of the most philanthropic company ever. Helping humanity to leave fossil fuels and avoid killing us all with unbearable weather. But no, this is not enough for the regular clueless people watching CNN, he has to solve hunger, then wars, then cure cancer then he needs to cure human stupidity.

Looking again - @Artful Dodger is no longer linked, but quoted (with reference) maybe YouTube issues?

Anyway this should show the comment, highlighted, in first place

Hmm that comment was deleted - good thing I archived a copy .. - wonder why it was deleted - because there was a direct link to Tesla's 2020 Shareholder's meeting and Battery Day or someone reported this or ?

Anyway using a spare identity from an old client (they won't mind) this is the reposted link - let's see if it gets taken down again.

You still need to file. Its just that it can be done very shortly after the public announcement.

The problem is that the SEC will be setting a precedent that any acquirer of any public company can now file way past the stated window. I expect Elon is facing another fine here but he is starting to show a pattern of ignoring security regulations. He had already needed to step down as Chairman of the BOD, he keeps this up and there is a risk that there will be other non-monetary actions.
Has anyone done an analysis of what days shares of Twitter were bought? As far as I know, no filings are required until an acquirer reaches 5% ownership. I ask the question because it could be that a lot of shares, say 4.9% were bot right up until a couple of days of crossing the 5%, then bought the final 6% in the 48 hrs. (I think that is the required timeframe), preceding the filing. Have not researched it. Just asking if anyone has.