Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this interview we—once again—see that Elon Musk is not an engineer and has zero technical understanding of his companies’ products and operations. He merely hires people with the billions he made from Apartheid blood emeralds and illegal stock pumping, and then takes all the credit for personal glory, in order that his out-of-control narcissistic ego may be tickled and that his unquenchable lust for power may be gratified.

If you turn up the volume, you can faintly hear the wailing and moaning from his miserable, overworked slaves laboring in the production bays; evidently he is so incompetent that he forgot to order all the overseers to cut back on the beatings while the interview was happening. Oops. I’m pretty sure at 23:50 in the video that I saw someone passed out from exhaustion behind one of the cranes.

Disappointingly, but perhaps not unexpectedly, it would appear that Mr. Musk paid Tim Dodd to provide a script with off-camera prompting for his lines to perpetuate the public image of his genius to further fuel the cult of personality, though I must admit that he demonstrated impressive acting skills.

The time, effort and money spent on staging this publicity stunt could’ve ended malnutrition worldwide. Really sad to see this much evil in one man. Despicable.

Assuming you believe all that bile.... then WHY do most of Elon's company's wildly out-perform well-run, well-funded, well-staffed competitors?

If he's not smart, isn't a good engineer, doesn't know the technology... then what - is his genius in being able to pick people who are? Because he keeps winning and doing things others can't at a pace they are unable to even approach.

Doge tests now live ? Stealth intro, or Elon being coy/ careful not to ..uh blow the whistle too loud. Anyone succeeded in ordering one let us know.- out of Doge now ..

View attachment 804201
I tried this. First time ever buying something with dogecoin. I hope it worked.
I have a robinhood account with about 12000 doge coins (about $1100). (I bought about $1000 over a year ago; took out the original investment a few months later and let the balance just ride).
I believe I previously setup the robinhood wallet so I have the Send button.
I had to enter the tesla QR code (scanned from the iphone) and enter the google authenticator security value.
It took robinhood 23 minutes to send the transaction. The tesla web page will wait about an hour.
But I think it all processed. I received a confirmation code from tesla web site.

Assuming you believe all that bile.... then WHY do most of Elon's company's wildly out-perform well-run, well-funded, well-staffed competitors?

If he's not smart, isn't a good engineer, doesn't know the technology... then what - is his genius in being able to pick people who are? Because he keeps winning and doing things others can't at a pace they are unable to even approach.
My girlfriend lacks the ability to detect sarcasm as well. Totally goes over her head, every time. Of benefit is that I am now much quieter than ever before in my life.

It was a work of parody.

In this interview we—once again—see that Elon Musk is not an engineer and has zero technical understanding of his companies’ products and operations. He merely hires people with the billions he made from Apartheid blood emeralds and illegal stock pumping, and then takes all the credit for personal glory, in order that his out-of-control narcissistic ego may be tickled and that his unquenchable lust for power may be gratified.

If you turn up the volume, you can faintly hear the wailing and moaning from his miserable, overworked slaves laboring in the production bays; evidently he is so incompetent that he forgot to order all the overseers to cut back on the beatings while the interview was happening. Oops. I’m pretty sure at 23:50 in the video that I saw someone passed out from exhaustion behind one of the cranes.

Disappointingly, but perhaps not unexpectedly, it would appear that Mr. Musk paid Tim Dodd to provide a script with off-camera prompting for his lines to perpetuate the public image of his genius to further fuel the cult of personality, though I must admit that he demonstrated impressive acting skills.

The time, effort and money spent on staging this publicity stunt could’ve ended malnutrition worldwide. Really sad to see this much evil in one man. Despicable.
Well played sir, well played!

nJi26My.gif

@insaneoctane - Thank you for finding the PDF! (not sure how you did it)

The TL;DR - Tesla continues to have the absolute safest Level 2 ADAS system in the world
* tested with software from nearly a year ago:

aaa adas.png

The 2020 Model 3 would have radar and not using Tesla Vision, which might have avoided all impacts in the AAA tests. 2021.4.18.2 would suggest that branch of software was originally from the 4th week of 2021 although radar-less vehicles did get 2021.4.18.10 June last year bumping max Autosteer speed to 80mph.

Boy, that article paints a different picture than the actual results where Tesla did significantly better than the others (surprise, I know). If anyone cares, here's the real summary:
Perhaps the AAA are unaware that UNECE R157 (which set down requirements for ADA systems in 42 countries) strictly prohibits any system from departing the lane, even if doing "emergency manoeuvres" because a collision is imminent.

Section 5.3.2 says
This manoeuvre shall decelerate the vehicle up to its full braking performance if necessary and/or may perform an automatic evasive manoeuvre, when appropriate. E/ECE/TRANS/505/Rev.3/Add.156 11 If failures are affecting the braking or steering performance of the system, the manoeuvre shall be carried out with consideration for the remaining performance. During the evasive manoeuvre the ALKS vehicle shall not cross the lane marking (outer edge of the front tyre to outer edge of the lane marking). After the evasive manoeuvre the vehicle shall aim at resuming a stable position.

So any ADS that could be offered in Europe is forbidden from avoiding a head-on collision from an oncoming car and instead can only move slightly and brake to a full stop, which is pretty much what the Tesla did in AAA's testing. I believe that Tesla is hamstringing it's systems in the U.S. in order to have a common code that will be required in Europe; AAA's testing seems to verify that this is true.

Last edited:
Hindsight is 20-20.

Buying long term put options as a hedge against a bear market is a common strategy, but it results in lower overall returns compared to just Hodling
This is incorrect. Comparing two situations:
A. Plain Hodl
B. Hold + margin leverage + protective puts

B is what was discussed and has higher returns - because you hold more shares, this assumes robust SP growth i.e. TSLA

or selling calls at ATH as a hedge.

Selling calls is not a meaningful hedge. Point of the hedge is protection against significant drop of value of hedged asset. Selling calls simply doesn’t hedge much value.

Imagine situation when stock plummets to near zero then all we have left is call premium that was sold… how much is that ? 1% or 2% of ‘hedged’ asset value? It is not really a “hedge” if max loss is >90% of asset value.

And by the way, now IS a great time for selling puts.

Assuming we expect SP to recover 20+% in the near future. Hodl, Hodl leveraged with margin and long Calls are strategies with higher return (in order of increasing level of both risk and reward).

Short PUT is inefficient way to utilize money to capitalize on upward SP movement (even with ‘rolling’)

Perfect time to sell PUTs is if market over prices probability SP will drop ( high volatility) and seller expects it to stay relatively flat. Seller is then short on volatility.

If one is expecting SP to go up meaningfully higher soon, selling PUTs is like running after Ferrari trying to pick pennies driver throws out if the window… running barefoot… in pyjamas… while steamroller follows🙂
(I am speaking from experience. )

I thought it was important to clarify - from what I could gather participants in Options thread have collectively lost in excess of $3 million per month this year (I’ve counted 15M+ in losses). We don’t want people from this thread go there with inflated expectations 😉

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Not sure if this had been posted (I had been away on the first international trip since the you-know-what):

FSD is the easiest to achieve in the USA (and perhaps EU) when in the rest of the world people drive in between lanes and motorcycles weaving in and out between cars.
One of the comments in that article exposes the bias and the FUDdish nature of this article from Gizmodo

Attachments

• FB11CB93-EAC2-4076-83BE-3173DFAAEEF4.png
    FB11CB93-EAC2-4076-83BE-3173DFAAEEF4.png
    601.1 KB · Views: 91
If any of you missed @Papafox 's post for Wednesday of last week, you missed this excellent and insightful discussion of stagflation:

One of the reasons why the market is so skittish these days is because of fears of "stagflation". I was a college student studying economics in the late 1970s when "real" stagflation occurred, so let me tell you about the differences. The catalyst for both the inflation and for a slowing economy back then was primarily caused by a large increase in the cost of middle-east oil. The cost of oil (and gasoline) affects the cost of just about all products, and so inflation perked up. Bad ideas such as gasoline price caps were tried. The Fed used fiscal and monetary policy to try and get the inflation under control and managed to slow the economy. Thus we had both high inflation and a slowing economy.

may11mortgage.jpg

Check out the above chart of 30 yr. mortgage rates, which peaked at over 18% in 1981. The effect upon new home sales was enormous, leading to cascading economic troubles as suppliers of building materials, etc. and their suppliers felt the pinch. Imagine trying to start or expand a business and borrow capital in that environment.

may11GDP.jpg

Here's a chart of GDP over these years and you can see dips and recoveries throughout the decades. The point I want to make is that the increase in inflation that we're currently experiencing is concerning but not on the same type of scale as the "stagflation" of the late 1970s, nor the economic dips of 2000 and 2008. With 10 yr. treasury bond yields at 3%, affordable money is still available to businesses. Much current inflation is due to supply chain issues that are an artifact of the pandemic and those inflationary pressures are going to self-correct without a sizeable recession.

Instead, I think we are feeling the effects of the usual Wall Street big dogs adding to the dip and scaring investors out of the market in order to buy tech and other attractive stocks at blue-light-special prices. The market will recover when they start buying and force it higher. Please don't donate your TSLA shares to the pirates. TSLA is growing like no other top ten company the U.S. has ever known, it has nearly $20B cash and cash equivalents at its disposal, demand is "ridiculous, and the Covid lockdowns in China will be decreasing soon if we believe what Elon heard just days ago. Did I mention Tesla is making money like it's running a printing press?
Thanks @Papafox , we needed that.

what is the name of the person/account that posted the comment? I've tried this link in multiple browsers and still have no idea which comment you are referring to.

Lincoln's comment should appear on top (doesn't say "highlighted comment", I guess I missed something - not going to try and fix that)

Looks like this

TSLA.YouTube.Jonas.Lincoln.jpg

If any of you missed @Papafox 's post for Wednesday of last week, you missed this excellent and insightful discussion of stagflation:

Thanks @Papafox , we needed that.
Stagflation was primarily caused by a high unemployment rate which caused a supply problem as production was way down. Oil prices tho contributed to inflation, but no where near as much as the supply shortages. This was during a time when automation have yet to take over and globalization was a distant dream from the future so a lack of employment made huge differences in production levels locally in the US.

The main cause of inflation today again is caused by supply shortages due to covid, but also a surge in demand due to equity skyrocketing to bubble like status. All will normalize soon as equity crashed, btc crashed, and supply chain improving.

Hindsight is 20-20.

Buying long term put options as a hedge against a bear market is a common strategy, but it results in lower overall returns compared to just Hodling or selling calls at ATH as a hedge. The sold calls are rollable for free of charge. The puts require cash influx every time you roll them out.

And by the way, now IS a great time for selling puts.
@jeewee3000 , which expiration and strike PUTS would be your choice to sell right now?

"Rollable free of" which charge? The little trade commission?

I tried this. First time ever buying something with dogecoin. I hope it worked.
I have a robinhood account with about 12000 doge coins (about $1100). (I bought about $1000 over a year ago; took out the original investment a few months later and let the balance just ride).
I believe I previously setup the robinhood wallet so I have the Send button.
I had to enter the tesla QR code (scanned from the iphone) and enter the google authenticator security value.
It took robinhood 23 minutes to send the transaction. The tesla web page will wait about an hour.
But I think it all processed. I received a confirmation code from tesla web site.
Meanwhile TMC readers from Korea, Europe or Brazil remain flabbergasted that in the US this is perceived as progress.… . We pay in seconds. The money arrives in seconds.