Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA stock is a disaster right now, I’m not one of those here who is happy and saying buying opportunity. If this continues I probably get a maintenance call resulting forced selling. I really hate all the FUD and manipulation that’s happening right now…
Dunno what to think if you think TSLA is a disaster now. Have you seen the rest of the market lol?

It really has nothing to do with Twitter.

It's Wall St making the most of what is likely to be their last chance at getting shares at such a discount. They're going to create as much FUD about the twitter drama, Shanghai shutdowns, TSLA's growth story being over, TSLA's Q2 earnings being a disaster....hell we'll probably going to see plenty of articles speculating that Tesla will post a loss for Q2.

Wall St got gifted a golden goose for Q2 with the China covid shutdowns combined with the macro's going down. They're going to make the absolute most of this opportunity. They're going to beat this stock over the head with selling pressure nonstop for the next month and a half and spoof non stop to cap any rallies. The last hour of trading being a perfect example today.
If I were a simpler person, I might look around and sell some TSLA that I've done so randomly well on and buy OXY. TSLA could be just one of those meme stocks my analysts tell me about. OXY has a dividend!

It really has nothing to do with Twitter.

It's Wall St making the most of what is likely to be their last chance at getting shares at such a discount. They're going to create as much FUD about the twitter drama, Shanghai shutdowns, TSLA's growth story being over, TSLA's Q2 earnings being a disaster....hell we'll probably going to see plenty of articles speculating that Tesla will post a loss for Q2.

Wall St got gifted a golden goose for Q2 with the China covid shutdowns combined with the macro's going down. They're going to make the absolute most of this opportunity. They're going to beat this stock over the head with selling pressure nonstop for the next month and a half and spoof non stop to cap any rallies. The last hour of trading being a perfect example today.
The issue I have with this logic is -- if they were working independently to optimize their own portfolio, wouldn't some of them front-run the run-up? I would think this is a golden opportunity to accumulate if they know it's going to run soon.

This indicates the firms are colluding to keep the SP down. And while I don't doubt they wouldn't hesitate to do so, I would think there is too much incentive to nibble here, nibble there on weakness.

Prisoner's dilemma puzzle?

TSLA stock is a disaster right now, I’m not one of those here who is happy and saying buying opportunity. If this continues I probably get a maintenance call resulting forced selling. I really hate all the FUD and manipulation that’s happening right now…
I don't really blame Elon for all this. After all, it's his right to buy what he wants and sell TSLA shares when he wants and however many he wants to sell. But dear god did he pick the absolute worst timing to do it. He added selling pressure at a time when Giga Shanghai was shutdown and now is only production half of what it normally does and macro markets were clearly delicate and in limbo with volatility. It has given Wall St the most ammo to drop TSLA since early 2019. Hence why I think 500/600's are coming.

I do wish Elon would wrap this Twitter drama up and show some support for the stock. If TSLA does get dropped into the 500/600's, a lot of retail TSLA investors will be wiped out to a certain degree.

I know some here can use the mantra of "Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose" but I also don't feel that a investor should have to expect the CEO of the company they're invested in to add tons of selling pressure and volatility, with some of the selling pressure coming from the CEO himself. I don't think it's necessarily good karma to have a retail investor be forced to sell from fear of their CEO. I'm not talking margin calls, I'm talking bout life happening. Sometimes life events happen which mean you have to cut your investment horizon shorter because you simply can't risk holding with Elon 🤷‍♂️

I'm lucky that I'm not one of those people, I have plenty of time and flexibility that measure in the next 5-10 year minimum (nor would I be at a risk of margin call even in the 300's) Some investors don't have that luxury or they did, but their 5-10 year windows was 5-10 years ago.....which means they need that money now or within the next year.

Hence why I made the post earlier this morning that everyone should be prepared for a drop into the 500's.

Last edited:
The issue I have with this logic is -- if they were working independently to optimize their own portfolio, wouldn't some of them front-run the run-up? I would think this is a golden opportunity to accumulate if they know it's going to run soon.

This indicates the firms are colluding to keep the SP down. And while I don't doubt they wouldn't hesitate to do so, I would think there is too much incentive to nibble here, nibble there on weakness.

Prisoner's dilemma puzzle?
I absolutely think there's collusion amongst many hedge funds and even institutional funds. Throw in the credit rating agencies as well.

Yes, some might go rogue and make a move first. But when you know there's no catalyst until Q2 P/D or Q2 earnings and you're working with other larges funds, there's zero incentive to front run for the next month minimum.

IMG_2556.jpg

I don't really blame Elon for all this. After all, it's his right to buy what he wants and sell TSLA shares when he wants and however many he wants to sell. But dear god did he pick the absolute worst timing to do it. He added selling pressure at a time when Giga Shanghai was shutdown and now is only production half of what it normally does and macro markets were clearly delicate and in limbo with volatility. It has given Wall St the most ammo to drop TSLA since early 2019. Hence why I think 500/600's are coming.

I do wish Elon would wrap this Twitter drama up and show some support for the stock. If TSLA does get dropped into the 500/600's, a lot of retail TSLA investors will be wiped out to a certain degree.

I know some here can use the mantra of "Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose" but I also don't feel that a investor should have to expect the CEO of the company they're invested in to add tons of selling pressure and volatility, with some of the selling pressure coming from the CEO himself. I don't think it's necessarily good karma to have a retail investor be forced to sell from fear of their CEO. I'm not talking margin calls, I'm talking bout life happening. Sometimes life events happen which mean you have to cut your investment horizon shorter because you simply can't risk holding with Elon 🤷‍♂️

I'm lucky that I'm not one of those people, I have plenty of time and flexibility that measure in the next 5-10 year minimum (nor would I be at a risk of margin call even in the 300's) Some investors don't have that luxury or they did, but their 5-10 year windows was 5-10 years ago.....which means they need to money now.

Hence why I made the post earlier this morning that everyone should be prepared for a drop into the 500's.
I wished Elon or Zach could read your post. The price movement lately should also be upsetting to some Tesla employees

Really goes to show how ridiculous the macro sell off has been.

Some will try and paint it as "Oh look at how inflated the stock market was!" while conveniently not mentioning that earnings went up step in step with the markets over the past 10 years. :rolleyes: Earnings growth over the past 10 years was the best in the stock market's history.

Twitter relating selling maybe best explains this break down.
the magnitude of the break down compared to
the indexes indicates it’s stock specific.

funding may not be secured as mkt conditions worsened,
and the bot issue makes you further wonder if the
business makes sense at all.

Reactions: JustMe
Just read something my bro sent me .... from his broker. He's got almost 19k shares of tesla and they sent a letter with "Preliminary Information" about the potential split ... it talks about a 20:1 split!!!!

Obviously we all know that a split was coming ... but this is the first I'm hearing about 20:1. Anyone out there heard anything like this? If this is even close to true it would be amazing for existing shareholders.

Just read something my bro sent me .... from his broker. He's got almost 19k shares of tesla and they sent a letter with "Preliminary Information" about the potential split ... it talks about a 20:1 split!!!!

Obviously we all know that a split was coming ... but this is the first I'm hearing about 20:1. Anyone out there heard anything like this? If this is even close to true it would be amazing for existing shareholders.
If that's true, me likey! I was pulling for 10:1, but this would make TSLA even more affordable for potential younger buyers who have been going fractional... I think they'd rather own full shares. And I don't think it would take long for a share to increase substantially if it cost ~$40 to begin with.

Last edited: