Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Desalination plants are not all they are cracked up to be.

The heavy salt water that gets pumped back into the ocean at the end of the process is known to be toxic to many species that form the base of the food chain. A proposed desalination plant for Huntington Beach, CA (LA area) was specifically rejected this week based upon that scientific fact alone.

Would be different if they would truck the salt out to the desert and bury it or something, but desalination is already an expensive process to begin with, they won't add that expense.

There is lithium in the salt brines, no? Could be a lemons into lemonade situation.

• Helpful
Reactions: traxila and Ogre
Live by the Elon, die by the Elon.
Thats about where I've settled. I'll gripe about it to people like you guys, but in the end I'm making my choice every day.

Sure would have been nice if he had picked any other time but the oncoming teeth of a recession (his belief) to sell TSLA and cause more drama over it. Not to mention just a few months earlier he brought it down with his petty "Fine I'll sell and pay taxes" spat with Warren and Sanders.

Such is life. As long as it never gets to the point where my initial investment has only grown as much as the SPY over my investment period I'll still have to thank the guy.

Thats about where I've settled. I'll gripe about it to people like you guys, but in the end I'm making my choice every day.

Sure would have been nice if he had picked any other time but the oncoming teeth of a recession (his belief) to sell TSLA and cause more drama over it. Not to mention just a few months earlier he brought it down with his petty "Fine I'll sell and pay taxes" spat with Warren and Sanders.

Such is life. As long as it never gets to the point where my initial investment has only grown as much as the SPY over my investment period I'll still have to thank the guy.

If TWTR purchase falls through, would be nice for Elon to buy back his shares.

Not likely, but we can all dream, right?

I believe all of us share this sentiment to some degree. However, the SP is back to January 2021 level, same as SPY. This means, if I had bought then and there and decided to stick with the stock through:

1. All sorts of FSD FUDs
2. Supply chain issues
3. Elon's tax selling
4. A couple of corrections
etc...

If I had done that (which I did), I would be in the same position as some guy who just wandered off the street and bought today. To add insult of injury, my bullish thesis was correct. Tesla proved that it is head and shoulder above the rest. But all of that for what?

I believe all of us share this sentiment to some degree. However, the SP is back to January 2021 level, same as SPY. This means, if I had bought then and there and decided to stick with the stock through:

1. All sorts of FSD FUDs
2. Supply chain issues
3. Elon's tax selling
etc...

If I had done that (which I did), I would be in the same position as some guy who just wandered off the street and bought today. To add insult of injury, my bullish thesis was correct. Tesla proved that it is head and shoulder above the rest. But all of that for what?
Long-term status for the gains when they come. Here to help.

1. All sorts of FSD FUDs
2. Supply chain issues
3. Elon's tax selling
etc...

You bought while the Fed was backing the entire economy and handing you free fun coupons. A new buyer today has to buy knowing the Fed is now the market biggest enemy:
1652736928591.png

Buying assets in 2020 and 2021 was a no brainer. Buying in 2022 and beyond until the Fed relaxes takes a lot of courage.

1. All sorts of FSD FUDs
2. Supply chain issues
3. Elon's tax selling
etc...

It moved sideways with lots of drama for most of 2017-2019, then it just shot upward one day, and continued on to more than 10x.

That same spring being pulled down then is being pulled down now.

I guess we’ll know a spike is imminent when someone here pulls a Neroden.

1. All sorts of FSD FUDs
2. Supply chain issues
3. Elon's tax selling
etc...

After I posted I realized that I should have added a stress factor as well, and to some degree my efforts to combat FUD and promote the brand. So let's say SPY + 20%. Which when I type that, ok, ouch.

You bought while the Fed was backing the entire economy and handing you free fun coupons. A new buyer today has to buy knowing the Fed is now the market biggest enemy:
View attachment 805203

Buying assets in 2020 and 2021 was a no brainer. Buying in 2022 and beyond until the Fed relaxes takes a lot of courage.
What you're saying was stated in 2010, 2011, 2016 and 2018 too. And yeah the Fed has supported the market heavily... and that is decreasing. This is not the first or last time of easing. Nor will the lack of support extend forever either. It is fluid and remain fluid on longer term perspective. In the end, the market wants return, when the market hits the levels it feels there is a good return possibility, it will change.

I would argue buying now with a 3-5+ year perspective is a much smarter and better decision than buying in 2020 and 2021.

View attachment 805203

On the contrary, I was well aware of the imminent macro correction coming at some point in the future. However, my belief in the company outweighed that concern. I say it takes much less courage to buy now, knowing so much fluff has been taken out of the market, provided someone is well informed of the Fed's monetary policy. Yeah, it was a no brainer to buy last year if you weren't in it for the long term.

If TWTR purchase falls through, would be nice for Elon to buy back his shares.

Not likely, but we can all dream, right?

Tesla should do a stock buyback - say like 2B dollars worth ... good time to buy some shares ... they have ~ 18B in the bank sitting idle.
No new factories getting added anytime soon, EM himself says recession coming ....

having too much cash makes you a bit crazy, like buying BTC ;) ;) ;)