Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no cross winds, no rain, no oncoming or cross traffic, perfectly maintained road surface, long straight road sections, what's that problem with a high speed limit?

All true, but probably the most important factor is the car will be driven by a supercomputer with millisecond reaction time. To Tesla's driving computer, 100 mph is a stroll.

Artificial Intelligence is coming for damn-near all our jobs, sooner than most folks realize. Better get used to the idea of superhumans among us.

Solid video here. Similar to a Munro Live teardown but for manufacturing.

Even if you’ve been turned off from Joe Justice in the past by his demeanor and salesmanship or his extreme TSLA projections, this one is still worth a watch because it’s all nuts and bolts manufacturing analysis and I think everything he said is accurate. Detailed but approachable for those without manufacturing or engineering background.

TL;DW
F-150 Lightning production line looks like a good step forward from Mach-E line but still nowhere close to Giga Austin. Manufacturing will be Tesla’s long-term competitive advantage.

Last edited:
no cross winds, no rain or snow, no oncoming or cross traffic, perfectly maintained road surface, long straight road sections, what's that problem with a high speed limit?
One accident = instant death, plus chemical fire and explosion in an enclosed area. It'll probably take years for Tesla to recover or could end up being a meme like the hindenburg incident.

Fun to have superlatives but not so much if something goes wrong.

People should note his EPS estimates for Q3/Q4 and remember, these are Non-GAAP estimates.

Spoiler Alert: He thinks Q3 EPS will be lower than Q1 and that Q4 EPS will be just .25 cents higher than Q1. Yet his revenue estimates for Q3 and Q4 are materially higher than Q1. This guys numbers do not add up
Well if you decrease GM due to inflation and berlin/Austin then it's very possible to have higher revenue but lower net income.

I'm kind of blown away. Another AI day so soon? But yea, it's super-bullish.

I can't imagine why this is happening at all. Anyone up for some speculation? I'm at a loss.

Yep, my hunch is they have something to show for this one, seeing how soon it is after the first one.

Maybe they feel FSD will be much farther along by then? Maybe we'll get to see an Optimus prototype walking around and picking things up?