Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All true, but probably the most important factor is the car will be driven by a supercomputer with millisecond reaction time. To Tesla's driving computer, 100 mph is a stroll.

Artificial Intelligence is coming for damn-near all our jobs, sooner than most folks realize. Better get used to the idea of superhumans among us.
I have been among you for years.😎😝

Well if you decrease GM due to inflation and berlin/Austin then it's very possible to have higher revenue but lower net income.
There's practically no reason for Tesla to even have a earnings call at this point. Analyst don't even both to listen to them. I'm not sure how clearly Tesla has to spell it out that A) they raises prices in anticipation of costs rising far in the future and B - they have long standing contracts that minimize short term variations/volatility.

I'm fully aware of how ramping Berlin/Austin could effect margins. It doesn't even come close to having that much impact in terms of his forecasted revenue numbers for Q3/Q4 and his EPS estimates. There's no need to give an excuse for an analyst doing a piss poor effort on their work 🤷‍♂️

There's practically no reason for Tesla to even have a earnings call at this point. Analyst don't even both to listen to them. I'm not sure how clearly Tesla has to spell it out that A) they raises prices in anticipation of costs rising far in the future and B - they have long standing contracts that minimize short term variations/volatility.

I'm fully aware of how ramping Berlin/Austin could effect margins. It doesn't even come close to having that much impact in terms of his forecasted revenue numbers for Q3/Q4 and his EPS estimates. There's no need to give an excuse for an analyst doing a piss poor effort on their work 🤷‍♂️
It's very common for leaders of a company to give more optimistic view of a guidance vs a pessimistic guidance. Elon did say he is expecting same or more production out of Shanghai for this Q despite of shutdown. It seems unlikely as of now..so are you going to stick to exactly what the call said or adjust accordingly to how you feel?

no cross winds, no rain or snow, no oncoming or cross traffic, perfectly maintained road surface, long straight road sections, what's that problem with a high speed limit?
There is no point in driving 100MPH in a 2 mile long tunnel with merging traffic. I’m sure FSD could handle it if not now, at some point, but unlikely that stretch will ever see speeds over 45 MPH.

For passenger comfort alone, it doesn’t make sense on a short leg like that. Since they aren’t going to have child seats in the cars and seatbelts are likely optional, they are going to cruise at slower/ safer speeds and take the extra 20 seconds it’ll take to get from one end of the tunnel to the other.

I'm kind of blown away. Another AI day so soon? But yea, it's super-bullish.

I can't imagine why this is happening at all. Anyone up for some speculation? I'm at a loss.

While they will undoubtedly have interesting progress to share, doing it so soon suggests the FSD, Dojo, and Bot teams need to get a lot bigger, and quickly. As Elon mentions in a follow up tweet, the goal is once again primarily recruitment.

Vision is supposed to get bumped to 90 MPH with the next FSD beta release, that may be coming this week. I assume that will trickle down to the public release in the not too distant future.
It's going to be 85 from recently released info. We don't know exactly when the public will see it because FSD beta isn't running the same software as production releases.

It's very common for leaders of a company to give more optimistic view of a guidance vs a pessimistic guidance. Elon did say he is expecting same or more production out of Shanghai for this Q despite of shutdown. It seems unlikely as of now..so are you going to stick to exactly what the call said or adjust accordingly to how you feel?
I'm not talking about Elon's P/D guidance for Q2, which was by Elon's own admission a guess that was a ballpark based on the information he had at that time.

I'm talking about the very detailed answers Zach gave when it came to how Tesla handles inflation in relation to supplies/parts and price hikes. Tesla has also given pretty detailed information for how they expect Berlin/Austin to ramp, both in terms of volume AND margin.

I know ARK has fallen out of favor, but the following is informative (more for people not as informed as in this thread):

This is essentially video version of their update published a month ago here:

@Singuy, to clarify Elon's projection for Q2 output from Shanghai was "the most likely vehicle production in Q2 will be similar to Q1, maybe slightly lower". That was April 20th (Elon's full projection from Conference Call shown below). That said, I don't believe Elon thought the shutdown would last as long as it has, and full production was last slated for May 16th and we were told yesterday this is still one week away. Also, Elon's comment was on Production. We all know Tesla will sell every EV they can make for the next 10 years, however Deliveries in Q2 would not be expected to be as robust as Production due to lost covid days and days of vehicles in transit. We clearly saw this in April's P&D numbers. Q2 will be rough, however thankful that any downturn in P&D will be short lived. Q3 and onward will be spectacular.

TESLA ANSWERS
EM

Elon Musk​

Chief Executive Officer

Well, we did lose a lot of important days of production. And because there are sort of upstream supplier challenges where a lot of suppliers also have lost many days of production. But Tesla Shanghai -- Giga Shanghai is coming back with a vengeance. So, I think notwithstanding new issues that arise, I think we will see record output per week from Giga Shanghai this quarter, albeit we are missing a couple of weeks. So, that means the most likely vehicle production in Q2 will be similar to Q1, maybe slightly lower, but it’s also possible we may pull a rabbit out of the hat and be slightly higher. But it’s really, call it, roughly on par. But then, Q3 and Q4 will be substantially higher. So, it seems likely that we’ll be able to produce over 1.5 million cars this year is my -- that’s my best guess.

Yes, it's probably tougher than 17,500 mph down to a 6-foot target on a barge at sea.
Landing on a barge is solved, FSD is not.
All true, but probably the most important factor is the car will be driven by a supercomputer with millisecond reaction time. To Tesla's driving computer, 100 mph is a stroll.
Two words: Phantom Braking.

Not much to cheer about the last couple of weeks, but perhaps today will mark a turning point in the season. The two draft picks from Berlin and Austin have finally joined the team and are getting up to speed on the offensive play book. But they are quick learners and will be fully prepped in a few more weeks.

Today
Close:761.61
Margin of W/L:37.24
Volume:26,745,370
High - Low:35.63
Season
Record:46-48
Total margin of wins:1,395.56
Total margin of losses:-1,674.97
YTD gain/loss:-279.41-26.4%
Price/52 week high61.2%
Best Win:143.00Jan 3