Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thinking out loud here....maybe the snub of Tesla from almost every POTUS speech on EV's has gotten to Elon finally. That and everything seemingly constantly against Tesla and himself. Does he dig his own grave sometimes? Sure, who doesn't? This market is def a waiting game and $TSLA will rocket again in due time....just have to tune out all the short term noise...IMO of course.

The “good” news I guess is that after Joe Biden is done speed-running his recreation of the Jimmy Carter admin and the Rs have the presidency and supermajorities in congress Tesla might be better positioned then…

Seems futile to wade into the game of politics which is mostly for entertainment purposes and in which there are no winners. It seems unnecessarily divisive to pick a side in such a game.
And Tesla investors will be losers. Last week for the 1st time my wife brought up getting out of $TSLA because of Elon and she is more conservative then me.

Just thinking out loud here....maybe the snub of Tesla from almost every POTUS speech on EV's has gotten to Elon finally. That and everything seemingly constantly against Tesla and himself. Does he dig his own grave sometimes? Sure, who doesn't? This market is def a waiting game and $TSLA will rocket again in due time....just have to tune out all the short term noise...IMO of course.
yo brah, where was Elon shouting at the roof tops when Trump was saying EVs can't go very far? Or when he supported bringing back coal (which undermines sustianable energy usage?) or all the other sh*t?

No excuses for Elon. He has mentally switched his thinking to a more far-right objective.

Last edited:
Did TSLA just hit a low for the year? All bullish (BS) predictions around here now fully wrong and couch coin divers now proven fullish, perhaps should have stuffed their face with a cushion instead of having braggadocio. Such things likely come from newer market participants unyet humbled by errors.

Sometimes it requires a level of restraint to not make market calls. Said restraint is absent from the knife catchers.

I'm now saying fall elections or 2023 for better things to shape up. Today we have US uncertainty after primary elections. Inflation. Gambling. Russia. China. prolly more stuff. All has to settle out. Seasonality also. Maybe more

On the end of Musk and fellows, clarity needed:
China production- a short term issue. But now showing up in classic bulls pulling back price targets.
4680 ramp.
Overall production gains- late this year and each quarter.
Energy storage market acceptance and increased batteries
Solar seems a blip on the screen.
Musk selling- this is what concerns me the most. He used to just buy buy buy- wish he'd buy back in. At minimum he needs to stop selling.
Musk distractions: My hope is all is well in growth story and key players. Again, time needed.
Crytpo as cash? Is it all flushing down the hole?

Basically, they just need to keep executing while staging/planning for the future. The markets will get better at some point. But some posters likely will continue to suffer suffer suffer.
No, all bullish predictions have NOT been proven wrong, only the short-term predictions.

Get with the program!

Reactions: UncaNed and Paul_SF
yo brah, where was Elon shouting at the roof tops when Trump was saying EVs can't go very far? Or when he support bring back coal? or all the other sh*t?

No excuses for Elon. He has mentally switch his thinking to a more far-right objective.

He quit the little industrial advisory committee over the use of coal, then later endorsed Andrew Yang, who was running against him?
🤷

He quit the little industrial advisory committee over the use of coal, then later endorsed Andrew Yang, who was running against him?
🤷
Yes, he quit, but never bad mouthed him on Twitter. Trump was saying at his rallies that EVs only go 160 miles, when at that point Tesla Model S went over 300+. and my mid-range 3 went 260. Elon never called out Trump like Biden.

I usually shrug off Elon's tweets cause Elon's gonna Elon, but this one is unbelievable. A critical thinker like him should be able to see the both parties are a complete mess.
He believes he is fixing the democratic party by doing this. Constant in-fighting and self sabotage is literally what the dems do best while the Republicans are laser focused. Will this change anything?...Maybe...we will see...tho Musk is expecting more hate towards him being thrown about him not paying taxes, FSD kills people, GM being the leader of electric cars..lol.

🤷
Yeah little. Where was all the public bashing. Where was the dementia comments when Trump bragged, and still does at rally's, about passing a dementia screening test. Elon quit and kept quiet. Why? Because Tesla was on the precipice back then. Now he is so sure about Tesla he feels he can just push away investors and customers because his feelings hurt about other companies getting credit and the wealthiest man in the world being used to support higher taxes.

I have 2 sons in software engineering in Austin, a niece who is a chemical engineer in Dallas and her husband is an aeronautical engineer. I used to push for them to apply for positions at Tesla. I cant in good conscious any more and they would laugh at me now if I did.

Yes, he quit, but never bad mouthed him on Twitter. Trump was saying at his rallies that EVs only go 160 miles, when at that point Tesla Model S went over 300+. and my mid-range 3 went 260. Elon never called out Trump like Biden.

Probably because, as stated by Elon, when you removed Trump from the equation, Tesla was able to work with the administration very well: