Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So your rational analysis is to only account for losing democratic consumers while ignoring any gains from moderate/republican consumers?

That's some amazing rational analysis 😅
Given the built in headwinds among those consumers, thanks to years of EV bashing from Fox et al, yeah, it is not at all likely that alienated potential centrist/ center left/ left customers will be replaced one for one.
My point is there is no rational reason to alienate ANY of them. How is it a good thing for any company to alienate people?

The only good news is one of the many expressions of Musk’s genius was to realize a key trick was making the cars really, really fast, so they had broad appeal, not just to tree huggers who would swoon over a Leaf or a BMW i3. He really got the ball rolling with people who weren’t interested in climate change or whatever.

With respect, last week you confidently predicted TSLA shooting up this week. What do you think went wrong with your analysis?
This week is still grappling with trying to bottom (lack of risk appetite is where I’ve been wrong… isn’t quite there yet but signs are still growing). Last week I gave a range of weeks and that this week should start it (still could) but the next two weeks are more likely. The rally will likely stall in the mid 13k for the nasdaq.

I might be early, but not wrong (yet)

Ah yes, these are the people Elon is aligning with now. He is in good hands....hehehehehe.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 150810.png

the market seems to be wildly overreacting to short-medium term issues with supply chain that will eventually get sorted out.
You mean a recession?

The market was wildly overreacting to the upside as well. It knows no other method of reacting.

Despite knowing this for over two decades, I still get caught up in the day to day and do impulsive stuff.

BTW, whomever was commenting on buying puts to offset their sold puts - I did exactly that. Working out OK so far. Bought Aug 19 date since I figure that might be when we see the end of this.

I live in the middle of a right wing cult. No Tesla's here except mine. That won't change.
The southwest will be so awash in excess renewables that overnight EV charging will be nearly free. Ultraconservative nutbags of means in your neck of the woods will be the first to jump to Tesla. It just takes that first one.

Last edited:
People needs to chill and relax.

I think people needs to separate the republican party from Trump's republican party.
Elon will never vote for Trump, he voted for Biden
Biden have signs of using Trumpian tactics(blatantly lie on TV to appease to his base(unions).

If the next Republican candidate shows less sign of trumpian tactics, then it's not unreasonable for Elon to vote for that person and not Biden. I know I am going to.

Now if the next candidate is Trump or Trumpian then I feel that Elon will pick the lesser of two evils or just not vote.

The Republican party was tolerable before Trump. Remember that time when you had relatives you can still speak to who was in the opposing party prior to Trump? Yeah..it was tolerable before. Hopefully we can return to that for the sake of this country.

the market seems to be wildly overreacting to short-medium term issues with supply chain that will eventually get sorted out.
The market always overreacts both ways.. I am seeing inflation as being sorted out by next year too. Last month annualized was 3.6%.. sure higher than long term average but more than half as much as yoy inflation.

Perspective:

Just about everything tanked today. I'm not enjoying 2022 like many of the rest of you. Neither are the Ukranians. Nor the residents of Shanghai. I imagine a lot of Russians aren't enjoying 2022 either.

Many of us, and others (Gary Black is a great example), always look for a "reason" why a particular stock went down. We speak as if we know. We don't. Today was just a very red day. For just about everyone.

Thank God I have Rob Maurer to listen to at the end of a day like today. His level-headed rationality ALWAYS makes me feel better when I see TSLA pooping a Wall Street-sized brick of irrationality.

I'm not a fan of ANY politicization of Elon or Tesla. I'd rather he keep all that stuff to himself and take the high road. But I also understand where he's coming from, because I am a lifelong Dem who has been significantly turned off by the attacks from that side of the aisle lately. It got better once I realized that ALL politics is messed up, not just one side of the aisle :).

But I hardly think TSLA's drop has much of anything to do with a couple of Tweets from today. I don't think TSLA's been dropping significantly because of the Twitter stuff, either.

I think basically the market is bonkers crappy right now, and people are looking for a reason to explain Wall Street's stupidity and the vast disconnect between Tesla's financial performance and their stock performance in 2022.

You might think you know why a stock dropped, but you're probably wrong, and you'll never be able to prove it anyway. Remember Alex Potter's drop in the TSLA price target, misguided as it was? Nobody's pinning the blame on that...

Most stocks are down more than TSLA this year. Is the current stock price totally disconnected from the fundamentals of Tesla? Absolutely. Is the stock market irrational, fickle, and oversold right now?

Absolutely.

Does it put me in a depressed mood? Absolutely. On paper, I've lost half my life savings in the last 6 months.

But I still haven't forgotten Rob and Dave Lee's spreadsheets. That's what I stay focused on. Everything else is just high school drama.

People needs to chill and relax.

I think people needs to separate the republican party from Trump's republican party.
Elon will never vote for Trump, he voted for Biden
Biden have signs of using Trumpian tactics(blatantly lie on TV to appease to his base(unions).

If the next Republican candidate shows less sign of trumpian tactics, then it's not unreasonable for Elon to vote for that person and not Biden. I know I am going to.

Now if the next candidate is Trump or Trumpian then I feel that Elon will pick the lesser of two evils or just not vote.

The Republican party was tolerable before Trump. Remember that time when you had relatives you can still speak to who was in the opposing party prior to Trump? Yeah..it was tolerable before. Hopefully we can return to that for the sake of this country.
When the Republican party separates from Trump's republican party let us know. In reality Trump just took advantage of what he saw and starting saying the quiet stuff out loud.

Well possible 1st show to drop. The S LR we have been waiting for since last May my wife wants to cancel. Think I will try to convince to hold and sell since we ordered at original offering price which is like $20K less then now.
Remind her that VW and other legacy auto companies have literally killed people.

honestly embarrassed to take delivery next month. sure I’m not the only one. what a clown.
Same comment as above. :)

Biden set the bar so low, all the Trump admin had to do was "not interfere" and roadblock Tesla. Which, basically they didn't do. They let Tesla do Tesla.
Please list all the current policies from the administration which are "roadblocking" Tesla and how it has affected production and sales.