Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon tweeted a pretty descriptive tweet of the alleged informant. That speaks loudly that he probably already knows who this was.

If the man files a libel lawsuit, I can't blame him. This is the dirtiest of pool, and he has every right to defend himself.

Libel lawsuit ? Come on !?
BI just exercised their "free speech" rights, Elon needs this education to see both sides of that coin before he spends $44 billion in the crusade for free speech.

BI just exercised their "free speech" rights, Elon needs this education to see both sides of that coin before he spends $44 billion in the crusade for free speech.
Lol, seriously, where's the free speech protections that Elon himself champions?! Only free speech if it doesn't make certain people look bad? Is that how it works?

Nice try at oversimplification. You and I both know that free speech, when used SPECIFICALLY to attack someone, does have legal limitations.

Elon has always said that he supports free speech WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE LAW.

I am kind of disappointed the SP isn't down this morning, day is still young I guess. I freed up some dry powder hoping to pick up more shares at a good discount. I've learned a lot here the last several years but my biggest takeaway is you have to take Elon as the whole package and just realize he is going to occasionally do something that you don't agree with. You need to weigh the good vs the bad. Every time I think he is crazy I just watch one of his interviews and realize just how amazing he really is.
It'll likely underperform on the beta today. So that is a discount on the wider market.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
It'll likely underperform on the beta today. So that is a discount on the wider market.

Light pre-market volume allowed the manipulators to walk down most of the gains that had been made premarket. Certainly when you compare it to the QQQ.

Guess we can expect heavy manipulation again today.

EDIT - yep. QQQ up 1.2% at open, TSLA up only 0.5%.

Don't be surprised to see another test of the ~700 support level again today.

Elon's frustration has caused a huge headache for everyone....he should have just kept complaining on Twitter like in the past instead of saying he would buy the platform and change it. Tesla is too big and strong to fail now right? So why should Elon care to correct this "free speech" campaign? He doesn't want free speech, he wants to make sure he can control the narrative of Tesla. He hit a huge ant pile and pissed off too many people this time.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 083039.png
Screenshot 2022-05-20 083504.png

So how about a recap?
REO Speedwagon:

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin' around
They say you got a boyfriend
You're out late every weekend
They're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down
But I know the neighborhood
And talk is cheaper when the story is good
And the tales grow taller on down the line
But I'm telling you, babe
That I don't think it's true, babe
And even if it is, keep this in mind
You take it on the run, baby
If that's the way you want it, baby
Then I don't want you around
I don't believe it
Not for a minute
You're under the gun
So you take it on the run

Elon's frustration has caused a huge headache for everyone....he should have just kept complaining on Twitter like in the past instead of saying he would buy the platform and change it. Tesla is too big and strong to fail now right? So why should Elon care to correct this "free speech" campaign? He doesn't want free speech, he wants to make sure he can control the narrative of Tesla. He hit a huge ant pile and pissed off too many people this time.

View attachment 806547View attachment 806549

View attachment 806551

I posted earlier this week on how I thought Elon was frustrated at Tesla getting snubbed by POTUS and the dems, and probably had enough.....even got a few disagrees.....;);););););)
Biden and the Dems handled this all wrong. They needed to find a middle ground between the unions and Elon. They chose to go the Trump route and feed their base red meat. I disagree with Rob Mauer when he says Elon is not just lashing out. Really? Look at this tweet. Elon has done more then any political party to deal with climate change.

Light pre-market volume allowed the manipulators to walk down most of the gains that had been made premarket. Certainly when you compare it to the QQQ.

Guess we can expect heavy manipulation again today.

EDIT - yep. QQQ up 1.2% at open, TSLA up only 0.5%.

Don't be surprised to see another test of the ~700 support level again today.
Yeah 700 will be tested (happening now) as the wider market gets tested in general. The number I think to watch is 708 where the 100 week averages are sitting. Tesla has flirted with closing below, but hasn't quite yet. I hasn't happened since Oct 2019. Not re-gaining 708 on a day where the Nasdaq ends green would be serious underperformance.

View attachment 806551

I posted earlier this week on how I thought Elon was frustrated at Tesla getting snubbed by POTUS and the dems, and probably had enough.....even got a few disagrees.....;);););););)
I 100% agree and I also 100% believe this is incredibly childish. Elon ignores the politics of a huge (needed) transition to electric vehicles that will hit rust belt states potentially very hard and those states the Democratic party needs to stave off an authoritarian govt.

Here's a thought:

Maybe 87M+ (or whatever the number is now) have gotten too used to Elon Musk's personal Twitter account being the official source where people get their information on companies he works on such as Tesla, SpaceX, and all other companies?

Where did people get their information about companies directly from CEO's pre-Twitter? pre-Internet? Pre-Twitter and, even still now, it's online publishers, newspapers, TV, radio, and in-person via direct interviews and events of these highly productive human beings. For pre-Internet, it was direct interviews and events via newspapers, TV, radio, and in-person.
Elon could perfectly publish tweets (for annoucements, teaser and Q&As) under the @tesla Twitter handle. I'm a member of my company's Twitter account and replies to any tweet and DM How to use the Teams feature on TweetDeck. If I leave my company, their followers will stay (as they should). And if I'm starting to side with the far-right, tweets made under my personal account won't damage the company's reputation. I'm not asking Elon to stop tweeting but to understand that everything does not have to be personal and that *if Tesla's mission to switch the world to renewable energy ASAP* is critical, maybe he should understand we'll gain nothing by further polarizing Tesla's potential fans.

Working on 690 now... below 680 will be a target as a lot of support will be lost.

As soon as PUT holders cash in, this should be back up in hurry no ....

VIX down, 10 year down, SPY, NAS and DOW all green

+3 Jun 24 800 Leaps for 100 shares ....
+3 Jun 24 700 Leaps for 100 shares and change.
Hope I can aggressively sell CC's on these from next week ..
(note. only scalped pigg(CC)y bank shares ....)

+CNBC talking about EM allegations, but nothing on the unusual option activity that was detected ...

Last edited:
Yeah 700 will be tested (happening now) as the wider market gets tested in general. The number I think to watch is 708 where the 100 week averages are sitting. Tesla has flirted with closing below, but hasn't quite yet. I hasn't happened since Oct 2019. Not re-gaining 708 on a day where the Nasdaq ends green would be serious underperformance.
Everyone probably just accept that 600 is going to be with us until late June. Bullish analysts capitulating and starting downgrades pretty much confirmed it. The stock is as weak as it’s been in many years and we’ll be lucky to hold the 600’s if the macros don’t hold. There’s just zero positive catalyst to stop the bearish sentiment

Everyone probably just accept that 600 is going to be with us until late June. Bullish analysts capitulating and starting downgrades pretty much confirmed it. The stock is as weak as it’s been in many years and we’ll be lucky to hold the 600’s if the macros don’t hold. There’s just zero positive catalyst to stop the bearish sentiment
That is usually when things turn around. When it looks the worst, money tends to come in.

And 680 broke. The market reaction from here will be interesting.