Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow Larry Williams must be some sort of clairvoyant. Published this Jan 2022. Noticed that not only does this chart found our top and now bottom, but it is predicting a bull run all the way till late Aug from here before it crashes again. Again this was published around Jan of 2022 without knowing about stock split and AI day!!!

Screenshot_20220521-000704_Discord.jpg

Wow Larry Williams must be some sort of clairvoyant. Published this Jan 2022. Noticed that not only does this chart found our top and now bottom, but it is predicting a bull run all the way till late Aug from here before it crashes again. Again this was published around Jan of 2022 without knowing about stock split and AI day!!!

There is a mountain. And then there is no mountain. And then there is a mountain again.

HODL?

There is a mountain. And then there is no mountain. And then there is a mountain again.

HODL?
Tesla moves in cycles and this is that cycle. But a dump in Sept after stock split and AI day is expected. Anyways his research on the macro level is extensive. Anyone interested in looking over a 91 page doc let me know.

Tesla moves in cycles and this is that cycle. But a dump in Sept after stock split and AI day is expected. Anyways his research on the macro level is extensive. Anyone interested in looking over a 91 page doc let me know.
Not buying the dump after the split and AI Day 2 if he didn't know about them. Especially the split... I think it will follow the prior pattern of increasing substantially when it's announced and even more after it's executed, especially if it's 20:1. Even if you don't like Elon, ~40 a share for Tesla stock is pretty affordable. Great P&D numbers, followed by excellent financials and perhaps a gigafactory or more announced, how ya gonna push it down?

The shareholders would get hit the hardest there. Stock would tank 30-40+% if Elon walked away today.
Are we in an echo chamber? The stock has tanked 30%-40% already. I have and continue to believe in Tesla and Elon, but he needs to stop this. These hit pieces don’t come out for no reason 3-5 years late...and more will come. They come out because he can’t have it both ways. You can’t have free speech, and state that they have to be within the confines of the law, but then say it is ok to have an ex president back who started an insurrection.
Elon, run the companies they way you have been running them and stop politicizing yourself. No matter what you think, the rust belt are not buying tesla’s. If This keeps up, people who believed in Tesla and the mission will move on because of all this unfortunate nonsense. It IS happening already, I see this right on our forum. Good people who have believed for 8-12 years have been pushed too far. And, this is nonsense. Get above the fray and stop the twitter comments. Be the better person! If you want free speech, you will get it, and the results will not be so good.
if you do not see it now, you never will.

Not buying the dump after the split and AI Day 2 if he didn't know about them. Especially the split... I think it will follow the prior pattern of increasing substantially when it's announced and even more after it's executed, especially if it's 20:1. Even if you don't like Elon, ~40 a share for Tesla stock is pretty affordable. Great P&D numbers, followed by excellent financials and perhaps a gigafactory or more announced, how ya gonna push it down?
Six ways to Sunday is how Tesla will be pushed down.

How many people here thought we will be in the 600s after a perfect earning?

Looks like speculation. Any links supporting your take ?

All I find is Tesla wanted to lower duties for full car import, the government wanted them to be manufactured locally (like BMW, Merc etc do).

It is the law that in certain strategic sectors foreign companies cannot own more than 50%. In non-strategic sectors foreign can own 100% unless the foreign are the neigbours i.e. Pakistan/China/Bangladesh. Automotive and energy are definitely strategic and so would require approval by Indian government. It is that approval that has been one of the two main issues being negotiated. The other main issue is the matter of duties on imports in the period prior to any Tesla India factory opening, with the (reasonable) ostensible purpose being to front run sales and expand the charger network, though I believe Tesla was trying to get a wider duties exemption to cover non-local models (S/X) and to persist beyond local-production-commencement.

If you've ever done material business in a strategic sector in India then you will understand the background to my other comments. I've done energy sector business there over the years, and I pay careful attention to local advisors and agents. I've also done business in the same sector in China, Brazil etc etc and discussed the Tesla situation with my people over the years as it potentially affected us.

There is a lot of debate in India over this topic. The Make In India initiative is notorious amongst the FDI community for aspects of its murkiness. There are lots of powerful (rich) influential interests at stake in a highly political and increasingly nationalistic situation.

You don't have to believe me, but if you want a link rread about the prohibitions and approvals described in this.
or

Looks to me like Tesla is making sure it has options for the next steps so as not to be boxed into a corner. That's good. My personal opinion is that Brazil is the most obvious next move, and I expect another at about the same time but I don't know whether India will give in in time. If not then Indonesia is an interesting play and you can see why the Indonesians are trying to climb the value chain ladder using their mining reserves as their leverage (and that equatorial location for SpaceX).

It is interesting to watch, I'm not sure how it will play out.

Last edited:
I don't get what this legal department would be used for. Going after whom? Bots / individuals on twitter? News organizations that review Tesla's products?
There's quite a few reasons why Tesla might want to be more assertive on a legal front:
  • Where in the past the easy solution to certain issues might be an NDA and a cheap payoff (e.g. the SpaceX accusations) to resolve an issue quickly and quietly, Elon's stance could be changing on this as they could appear as potential land mines in the future - so they would fight accusations more aggressively. Who knows how many of these sorts of settlements have already occurred, but it is not an unusual occurrence in civil matters
  • Fighting against increased regulatory scrutiny
  • More active fighting against current regulations (e.g. dealership laws)
  • Making the risk of spreading lies about Tesla more expensive than the gains - e.g. burying these liars in drawn out, stressful and costly litigation to the point where any accusations are reconsidered before they are published

What alternate universe am I living in that TSLA is down more than 6% compared to the NASDAQ, and like everyone here already knows, is printing cash with no debt and massive YOY growth? Mind blowing stuff. Down 38% in the last month! I’m hoping Shanghai going to 24hrs/day and Berlin adding a second line turns this ship around on Monday. The recovery should be steep when it happens….
There's only so much individual stock performance can do against the macros. I'm not expecting us to test all time highs until there is more clarity on inflation/interest rate movements. If the Fed decides to really crush inflation by increasing rates and flooding the market with debt from its balance sheet then we are in for a bad time. Hopefully we have more clarity by the end of the summer but it could take quite a bit longer.

That said, we could be in for some great, once in a decade, buying opportunities that will set up our next leg of wealth appreciation.

Good summary of the Crash Course documentary:

👆 A must read thread for those like me who refused to spend my time watching. Thank you for posting it. The summary certainly makes the documentary sound biased, but maybe not quite as biased as I would have expected. Is there anyone here that watched it that can corroborate the summary posted to Twitter?