Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! As many of you likely are as well, I am support excited about these Tesla bot and it's potential in so many areas. Recently though Elon said that his AI team was the best in the world. I can say for sure that this ruffled some feathers over at Deepmind. They are no slouches and Demis does not have a small ego.

Now while i'd like to believe Tesla will own the bot market, I would not count out Google just yet. This thing is a major advancement and it's doing incredible things with tiny network Gato it will be very interesting once happens once they doing scale it to a trillion parms.

This is essentially the beginning of what's needed in a truly useful bot. Plus Google has their own DL processor they could put in a bot and rumor has it they make a little cash on their side businesses that they could throw at this.

Now I know Elon would say "can it drive a car?" That's a legit argument as even a bot needs general navigation skills. But there's lots more to this. At least one leading guy at Deepmind bad tweeted that is game over now for general AI as they just need to scale this thing.

But this is not a one company show. Will be fun to sit back and watch as it plays out.

Hi all! As many of you likely are as well, I am support excited about these Tesla bot and it's potential in so many areas. Recently though Elon said that his AI team was the best in the world. I can say for sure that this ruffled some feathers over at Deepmind. They are no slouches and Demis does not have a small ego.

Now while i'd like to believe Tesla will own the bot market, I would not count out Google just yet. This thing is a major advancement and it's doing incredible things with tiny network Gato it will be very interesting once happens once they doing scale it to a trillion parms.

This is essentially the beginning of what's needed in a truly useful bot. Plus Google has their own DL processor they could put in a bot and rumor has it they make a little cash on their side businesses that they could throw at this.

Now I know Elon would say "can it drive a car?" That's a legit argument as even a bot needs general navigation skills. But there's lots more to this. At least one leading guy at Deepmind bad tweeted that is game over now for general AI as they just need to scale this thing.

But this is not a one company show. Will be fun to sit back and watch as it plays out.

As Elon might say: “Do it”

Tesla plans to unveil a prototype of Optimus Subprime at the next AI day in a few months. It’ll be interesting to see what it’s capable of …

Maybe someday we can watch bots from different companies compete in hide and go seek and tag and stuff. What a future awaits us 🤔

15941D2B-95DB-440C-A9C7-B5C7CBA78718.gif

Model X LR ordered last year with Dec 22 delivery now promised from Dec 22 to Mar 23. FSD always included.

This is indicative of lack of ramping of production, no?

Probably not if Tesla can sell that car as a Plaid X. Definately if the Model X Plaid was ordered after the price increase. It just means the Plaid orders will be filled before the LR versions, hence the queue is extended for the less profitable version (while higher G.M. versions are pulled forward). This'll ease when Model X production is fully ramped, and chip shortages ease.

Cheers!

In regards to the 9K Ton IDRA press reported by Alex V. Assuming Tesla uses these for all Cyber Trucks, I wonder...

Conventional wisdom is that CT will use the 8,000 ton Gigapress:

... so this new 9,000 ton Giga Press is more likely for something else. Possibly, a robotaxi chassis produced as a single casting. But nobody knows for sure here on the outside, we're only speculating. ;)

Cheers!

Another data point:

Model X LR ordered last year with Dec 22 delivery now promised from Dec 22 to Mar 23. FSD always included.

This is indicative of lack of ramping of production, no? Not to be a Debbie Downer. Or a Flatline Freddy. Or a Pessimistic, aw you get the idea.
Another Data Point - Our LR Model X recently moved (last week) from September delivery to early 2023. I just checked now, says 8/31-10/26 of '22. 🤡.

Elon Musk is ruining the Tesla brand with his recent tweets and conduct. As investors we are losing money needlessly. I look forward to him stepping aside and having Tesla professional run by the engineers doing the hard work.

126% of TSLA share price decline YTD can be explained by macros (ie: QQQ) and TSLA's "beta" (which has been over 2.0 for years).

If Elon Musk's reputation (and proven track record of results) hadn't been supportive of TSLA, then we'd expect it's SP to be MUCH lower than it is at the moment.

You comment reads like someone that has ingested the MSM and financial press message: "We want your shares CHEAP." My advice is to focus on Tesla (and how they're executing), not on TSLA (and how it's being dragged down by macros).

You'll sleep better, and be far more satisfied with your participation in a decades's time, when Tesla has successfully led the World to a sustainable energy future. Not everybody can go to Mars with SpaceX, but everyone here can go to the Moon with TSLA (if they choose to do so).

My take-away from this is Elon's Tweets have not damaged shareholder value as you imagine, they have increased it. I can't prove his tweets have helped but I have a hard time imagining TSLA being where it is today without them!
I've always thought the technology and the products were what would drive sales and still believe that. Serious question, if Elon had never been on Twitter do you think Tesla would be having a demand problem?

• Informative
Reactions: traxila
I've always thought the technology and the products were what would drive sales and still believe that. Serious question, if Elon had never been on Twitter do you think Tesla would be having a demand problem?

We will never know. Tesla might not even exist in 2022 if Elon had never been on Twitter. In any case, it doesn't look like it's hurt anything.

I'm not an expert, but from what I understand: as much as I appreciate Google's achievements in AI / NN I also believe they are one generation behind Tesla re AI advances. Gato will certainly excel at interpreting images and text given Google's training datasets. It also has none of the dynamic 3D and time based dimensions Tesla's AI has. The point is that while attempting to solve FSD Tesla AI has gotten much closer to solving AIG (Generalized Artificial Intelligence) than anyone else, and that will give it a qualitative advantage over everyone else for some time to come.

The text/ image NN algos have been around for a "long" time, enough so that it is not as hard a barrier to entry. So I would put the odds are 90/10 Tesla stays a gen ahead of all others for the coming next five years.

Share price is not my main focus but does show the confidence investors have in Tesla. And I want Tesla and the US auto industry to be successful. But Elon Musk getting into political grudge matches between the two parties is also off the mark as he just alienates half of the people needlessly. Partisan politics and social media is the worst thing that has happened to the United States and I am sad to see Elon Musk fall into this trap. I think companies like Tesla need to appeal to the greater good of a greener energy future above politics so you can get buy in from the the over whelming proportion of Americans. We need the majority of Americans (left and right) to want to have a cleaner sustainable future. We will not put a dent into global warming without buy in and support from all sectors of society. Everyone sees weather patterns are growing more dire every year so we do not have alot of time left.

Just a sneak preview of what's to come for humanity. Today's reminder that we haven't even really begun to warm the Earth that much yet...

Share price is not my main focus but does show the confidence investors have in Tesla. And I want Tesla and the US auto industry to be successful. But Elon Musk getting into political grudge matches between the two parties is also off the mark as he just alienates half of the people needlessly. Partisan politics and social media is the worst thing that has happened to the United States and I am sad to see Elon Musk fall into this trap. I think companies like Tesla need to appeal to the greater good of a greener energy future above politics so you can get buy in from the the over whelming proportion of Americans. We need the majority of Americans (left and right) to want to have a cleaner sustainable future. We will not put a dent into global warming without buy in and support from all sectors of society. Everyone sees weather patterns are growing more dire every year so we do not have alot of time left.
This is a massive mistake I see so many people making. You buy into the media narrative that only 20% of Americans truly want sustainability. In reality it's closer to 80%.

We're long past the point of needing to change people's minds. We need the marketplace to scale, period. We need smooth vertical integration and an uncorrupted market that rewards the clear superiority of renewables + storage.

I'm a firm believer that "changing people's minds" is actually a HUGE part of the problem. It creates noise, uncertainty, and inefficiency. Markets like that are prime candidates for corruption and manipulation.