Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not an expert, but from what I understand: as much as I appreciate Google's achievements in AI / NN I also believe they are one generation behind Tesla re AI advances. Gato will certainly excel at interpreting images and text given Google's training datasets. It also has none of the dynamic 3D and time based dimensions Tesla's AI has. The point is that while attempting to solve FSD Tesla AI has gotten much closer to solving AIG (Generalized Artificial Intelligence) than anyone else, and that will give it a qualitative advantage over everyone else for some time to come.

The text/ image NN algos have been around for a "long" time, enough so that it is not as hard a barrier to entry. So I would put the odds are 90/10 Tesla stays a gen ahead of all others for the coming next five years.
Gato controlled a robot hand to perform tabs in the real world. I would call that a 3D task.

Elon says they are leading in real world AI, but I cannot say for sure that doing the extremely difficult task of driving a car and the method you use for that are necessarily general purpose to all other domains that it would need to be for general AI. And for sure he has not shown that to be true yet either. Maybe they have some internal proof of this and that would be great if true.

Can anyone with good technology and sleuthing skills determine what model car is making the loop on the test track at 1:53 in this video?
The video has an accelerated playback speed so you may need to change the playback to 0.5 for better viewing.

Edit: Someone in the comments section thinks it's a new model. I can't imagine this to be true but the car's headlights look different to me.

Last edited:
Can anyone with good technology and sleuthing skills determine what model car is making the loop on the test track at 1:53 in this video?
The video has an accelerated playback speed so you may need to change the playback to 0.5 for better viewing.

Edit: Someone in the comments section thinks it's a new model. I can't imagine this to be true but the car's headlights look different to me.

Do you mean the black car at the bottom of the video?

Huh, it really doesn't look like anything Tesla currently makes to me. The front end looks odd and it does look shorter than a M3/MY. Very interesting.

Reactions: UCF3
Do you mean the black car at the bottom of the video?

Huh, it really doesn't look like anything Tesla currently makes to me. The front end looks odd and it does look shorter than a M3/MY. Very interesting.
Yes. The black car at the bottom of the video making a left turn loop.
I know some tech savvy users have the ability to zoom in with improved resolution.

Good. I hope one of the 1st lawsuits they bring is against that Florida lawyer who tweeted out to her followers on May 1, 2022 to "STOP buying Teslas".

I've been following her on twitter since someone mentioned her. She's just one extreme nutcase, not just about Tesla. If this is the intellectual level of the average Tesla hater, there isn't a lot to worry about.

Are we really that surprised that Wall St, given the opportunity would drive this down as far as possible?

They got the perfect storm - macro market crash, Shanghai shutting down, Elon twitter drama and Elon selling shares.

We should have all known a hit piece/orchestrated sell off was coming.
Lawyer here. I've been trying to resist chiming in this week, particularly regarding the Elon's political tweets which I don't think were a smart idea but on this lawyer-recruiting tweet I feel compelled to give my input. Most corporations will have a legal department that oversees and assists outside lawyers that the corporation retains for specific legal matters. In my experience it's always the outside lawyers who file and direct the lawsuits. This is in part because corporations will retain different lawyers, even ones who work in litigation, who specialize in different areas, e.g,, employment, intellectual property, mass torts, etc. And then you can have different lawyers who specialize in different phases of trial--pretrial, trial, appeals before state courts vs federal vs the US Supreme Court. It's all highly specialized at the big league level in which Tesla plays. Hiring in-house lawyers or retaining outside counsel is typically the job of the general counsel, the corporation's head lawyer, because it's he or she who is knowledgeable about the players in the legal field. It bothers me that Elon would resort to Twitter to recruit lawyers. I don't understand it honestly. He clearly is frustrated for some reason with Perkins and Cooley, two powerhouse law firms, but there are plenty of other major league legal players to choose from.

One final rant, if you want to call it that. It bothers me that people on here are so dismissive of those who express concern or negative sentiments about Tesla or Elon, especially by those who are clearly long-time Tesla supporters. Criticize or challenge other people's reasoning by all means but comments like "sell the stock if you don't like it" or "go buy another car" do not advance any debate.
I disagree. Instead of ten lawyers billing at $1,000/hr I want a hundred in-house lawyers billing at $100/hr. Tesla will find bright young lawyers the same way it finds engineers. They'll be lining up to work twice as hard for half as much to be part of something great; to be fighting for the good guys instead of corporate crooks. Wouldn't it be nice to work for a company that accepts when they screw up and fights like hell when they didn't? The price of smearing Tesla needs to go up. Corrupt media, politicians and lawyers (present company excluded) need to be exposed for the weasels they are.

Of course those with the woke mind virus are going to be upset with Elon. They thought they were the good guys and now their hero is pointing them out as being divisive and hateful. Instead of turning on Elon, maybe the right action is to consider his comments and reconsider your positions on the topics Elon has been discussing?

Yes. The black car at the bottom of the video making a left turn loop.
I know some tech savvy users have the ability to zoom in with improved resolution.

Subject: Black car in the top-left of this frame, making a left turn loop (time index 1:57)

snapshot.jpg

This is the max resolution from the src video. Both the lone black car and the group of Models 3/Y (?) on the right border of this image) are 42 pixels wide. The res. isn't good enough to identify any differences in the body other than saying their lengths are the same. Headlines look similar too, but angle of view is slightly different.

The thing I would point out about this image though is that the lone car is driving in circles on (what is potentially) a new test track built immediately to the South of the R&D Building. To my knowledge, this track is newly built, and its the first time we've seen it in use (all previous 3/Y test drives were done on either the West side of Phase 1 (Model 3), or the South side of Phase 2 (Model Y).

Now does this mean it a new vehicle prototype being built and tested at the R&D building? OF COURSE! Without a doubt! ;)

I want to believe.png

Cheers!

I don't believe that for a second. It was Elon investing his last dollars, living at the factory, and pushing people to succeed in the trenches that helped the company thrive not his tweets.

Elon's focus and hard work are certainly a major part of his success. But it's impossible to say how things would have unfolded in a different reality. And a Tesla without Elon Tweets would likely evolve very differently than it did in terms of public perceptions, employee behaviors, brand image, etc.

Chaos theory speaks to a phenomenon called the Butterfly Effect that applies here. Look it up.

I disagree. Instead of ten lawyers billing at $1,000/hr I want a hundred in-house lawyers billing at $100/hr. Tesla will find bright young lawyers the same way it finds engineers. They'll be lining up to work twice as hard for half as much to be part of something great; to be fighting for the good guys instead of corporate crooks. Wouldn't it be nice to work for a company that accepts when they screw up and fights like hell when they didn't? The price of smearing Tesla needs to go up. Corrupt media, politicians and lawyers (present company excluded) need to be exposed for the weasels they are.

Of course those with the woke mind virus are going to be upset with Elon. They thought they were the good guys and now their hero is pointing them out as being divisive and hateful. Instead of turning on Elon, maybe the right action is to consider his comments and reconsider your positions on the topics Elon has been discussing?
You're clearly not familiar with the legal world. In-house lawyers don't bill anyone per hour. They are paid a salary plus bonuses. Any lawyer who bills $100 per hour will be worse than Better Call Saul. The legal game is one of preparation, craftiness, and knowing all the legal, political, and public relations angles. It's not for the faint of heart or the naive.

I've been following her on twitter since someone mentioned her. She's just one extreme nutcase, not just about Tesla. If this is the intellectual level of the average Tesla hater, there isn't a lot to worry about.
Did you see Saturday Night Live this weekend? Stupid people vote. It’s hilarious but true.

There is positive vs negative. And rational vs irrational.
It‘s the back and forth discussion of the irrationally negative, that goes nowhere and achieves nothing, that is a waste of everybody’s time. It is usually sparked off by a troll/care bear, but eagerly amplified by anyone who thinks they are learning by joining in the discussion.
I agree that rationality and logic should be the standard. If rationality is your standard, however, where is your criticism of the irrational positive posts on this forum of which there are many?

Oh, contraire. Not complaining at all, rather pointing out the stupidity of repeated angst over that which one does not control.

I’ve not said it’s not rational to discuss his actions and how that may be relevant to Tesla. That’s not actually what’s happening here most of the time. What is happening is irrational behavior; jumping to conclusions, making up stuff and getting all in a dither, losing perspective, doing that which one despises in others, angst, anger, upset, embarrassment often by the same people over and over and over, and yet they’re unwilling to simply remove themselves and thus entirely avoid such drama and negativity.

Take yourself as an example. How many times now have you been negatively affected by what you deem inappropriate tweets by him? I count at least 5 times you’ve been angry, upset, or think he’s costing you money. And yet you’ve failed to remove yourself (permanently, because I know you said you sold some at one point because of a tweet) from the situation. Instead, you want to embrace a made up entitlement giving you and others the right to judge him as the imperfect human he is, all the while he enriches your life. That’s cute.
What's up with the condescension? So, moderators, condescension is allowed? If so, we can play that game. And it won't be pretty. Just don't forget where it started.

Start us off and point to an irrationally positive post in the last 24hrs that needs to be taken down a peg.
I see you're trying to restrict the time frame to the last 24 hours. Why is that? The irrationality exists when people only talk about the positives about Tesla and Elon and ignore the negatives and in the process throw critical thinking out the window. Too often I see posters here touting "first principles" but then positive opinions based on non-first principle thinking, such as reasoning by historical pattern. For example, saying that the stock price behaved a certain way in the past so maybe it will do it again in the future. And you haven't answered my question about why you feel the need to be condescending. Imagine if everyone who has a different opinion from yours simply told you to leave the forum because they don't like your posts.