Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think people are really underestimating the damage that's been done to the Tesla brand image in the last few weeks... Used to hearing the occasional comments here and there about quality and random fires over the last 10 years, but it's so much worse now. People I've never heard from or seen comment on Tesla are relentlessly bashing them.
Has it affected their order backlog?

Literally 😡. It’s discriminatory or something.

I put forth we include all the animals of the kingdom and rotate them throughout history. We could do it alphabetically like naming hurricanes.

Dead alpaca bounce.
Dead buffalo bounce.
Dead camel bounce.
Dead DOG bounce.
Dead elephant bounce.
Dead ferret bounce.
Dead gorilla bounce.
Dead hippopotamus bounce.
Dead iguana bounce.

And so on.
The phrase has come about through a huge amount of scientific investigation. Dead cats it is and must remain.

Who is Brianna Wu, and why do any of us care? She's an American independent video game developer. Thanks internet. Never heard of her before, and I bet none of you did either.

Again, why do we care? Twitter is like that. It gives an equal voice to very important, and very unimportant people. Why spend effort responding to a random person's opinion?

It’s important because if she’s as wrong on this as her spectacularly bad Ukraine Starlink take, things are looking really good for the stock. (Spoiler: She did not end up praising it.)

Do you guys suspect Elon is selling today?
~15m Volume within 90mins of market open.

[EDIT: For securing Twitter purchase, cutting down margin need, and also need to depend on other investors? I suspect Elon is strongly leaning to buy Twitter, although it might seem to many that he is trying to run away from the deal.
If it isn’t Elon, any thoughts on high volume last Friday, and Today?]

@Artful Dodger @FrankSG @generalenthu @StealthP3D

Last edited:
Who is Brianna Wu, and why do any of us care? She's an American independent video game developer. Thanks internet. Never heard of her before, and I bet none of you did either.

She was a central figure in the giant mess that was gamergate, and she was doxxed and heavily harrassed (large #s of direct death threats and more to her home for example) by some pretty horrific people for years.

All of which is terrible.

This also gave her a large social media following, to which she now posts a lot of.... let's politely say very bad takes on unrelated matters.

I REALLY want some of these twitter experts who fail at basic maths to short the stock. In fact I want them to short it on margin, with money raised from a second mortgage.
That reminds me, I need to buy popcorn futures too.
My take is she doesn't have any money on Tesla failing. She's just trying to get more followers on her Twit(er) profile.

She was a central figure in the giant mess that was gamergate, and she was doxxed and heavily harrassed (large #s of direct death threats and more to her home for example) by some pretty horrific people for years.

All of which is terrible.

This also gave her a large social media following, to which she now posts a lot of.... let's politely say very bad takes on unrelated matters.

Out of morbid interest, which side of gamergate was she on?

I think investors (including me), may be underestimating Berlin and Austin for Q2. It can ramp very quickly.
Elon's comments from the Q1 earnings call:
View attachment 807829

Continuing with the discussion during the earnings call on why Austin and Berlin will ramp quickly, Lars provides us with a gem.

1653319534252.png

This is why the competition will find it difficult to catch Tesla . . . .it's a moving target!
I echo Elon's response . . .Yeah!

Gato controlled a robot hand to perform tabs in the real world. I would call that a 3D task.

Elon says they are leading in real world AI, but I cannot say for sure that doing the extremely difficult task of driving a car and the method you use for that are necessarily general purpose to all other domains that it would need to be for general AI. And for sure he has not shown that to be true yet either. Maybe they have some internal proof of this and that would be great if true.

Reminder about what Tesla's advantage is re Dojo - not only conceptual at the algo levels, but also heftily aided in real time computational tasks

Out of morbid interest, which side of gamergate was she on?
She was more or less the victim of a hate campaign by a bunch of mysogynist gamers and incels. Very progressive which means she hates Musk (a stance I don't quite get to be honest).

How to get your 15 mins of fame ... get on a spat with Elon.

If SP goes up from here ... we might be in for some Briana Bottoms

Nah, she's been in bigger internet fights than this before. This will blow over in a few minutes. She's still riding on her past reputation. Gamergate lasted months.

I think investors (including me), may be underestimating Berlin and Austin for Q2. It can ramp very quickly.
Elon's comments from the Q1 earnings call:
View attachment 807829
183 cars produced out of Berlin
183 cars produced out of Austin
183,000 produced between Fremont and Shanghai.

I’m positive my estimation of Q2 will result in happiness.

Continuing with the discussion during the earnings call on why Austin and Berlin will ramp quickly, Lars provides us with a gem.

View attachment 807832

This is why the competition will find it difficult to catch Tesla . . . .it's a moving target!
I echo Elon's response . . .Yeah!
True for Berlin, not sure if applicable for Austin .. based on what we are seeing on the ground as well as due to new architecture, battery pack etc .... seems Austin ramp is slow. Hope Austin does 3K-4K (~ 1 ship worth of deliveries)

Reactions: bkp_duke
LMAO she's replying to Brianna Wu? Does she even know who that person is? She's talking to a literal brick wall. Just put that person on permanent block and be done with it.
Nothing wrong in trying to rescue those of her followers who (still) have an open mind. In fact if enough people piled in on her inane comments, more of her r followers might convert to the real Tesla story.