Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has apparently lowered the purchase price of FSD to $10k, sometime after they raised it to $12k last January.

I just added FSD to my standard-range Model 3 on order, and the price was $10k. The change did not immediately change my delivery date estimate (July 14 - Aug 25).

When I ordered the car several months ago, my delivery date estimate was late June - July.

I'm still seeing $12,000 on Design Your Model 3 | Tesla and Design Your Model Y | Tesla

FUD or not?
It tells you right there. ;)
1653336081890.png

FUD or not?
Probably true. We have the same style of check here in Norway, and the classical problems for cars that are semi-new are worn bushings.
Unfortunately, since the model S is a very heavy car, with a lot of power that is often (ab)used, the bushings get worn out quickly.
That, paired with it being an electric car which means a lot more problems with brakes (they go mostly unused, so they get stuck, or you just get a lot of rust on the rotors) gives the model S a high failure rate in the periodic test.

The comments are surprisingly supporting Tesla and not TUV
I hadn't read the comments. It's pretty obvious after reading that the TUV inspections are done at the dealerships and that they repair any problems before the inspection takes place that this article is complete FUD.

Sorry for wasting your time folks.

FUD or not?

FUD - sorta .. from a comment on that article (Edit: bold my emphasis)

"Adam - 2 May, 2022

The TÜV inspections are often done at the dealership where they fix all the problems before they inspect the car right there. A company like Tesla has no dealership so they get inspected and then fixed, so the numbers are artificially high. If the dealership knows a car won't pass, they will fix it first, and then get the inspection and it will obviously pass. "

FUD - sorta .. from a comment on that article (Edit: bold my emphasis)

"Adam - 2 May, 2022

The TÜV inspections are often done at the dealership where they fix all the problems before they inspect the car right there. A company like Tesla has no dealership so they get inspected and then fixed, so the numbers are artificially high. If the dealership knows a car won't pass, they will fix it first, and then get the inspection and it will obviously pass. "
1% cuz they didn't park them precisely in a row? 😁
Very nice finish and very straight.
It's got future written all over it.
Launch one into orbit, it's a UFO for sure.
My very own UFO, imagine that.

View attachment 807917

For now this will have do.

1257689F-097F-4635-8B29-0723661768B0.jpeg

I hadn't read the comments. It's pretty obvious after reading that the TUV inspections are done at the dealerships and that they repair any problems before the inspection takes place that this article is complete FUD.

Sorry for wasting your time folks.
Not only that, but after looking at the dates for the comments, I discovered this article was written in January 2022! Must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if they're recycling FUD.